Essential The Official ESPN Insider Thread (ESPN+)

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
i

Josh Rosen, UCLA Bruins

Scouts Inc. ranking: No. 8

Projecting Rosen
Mean Projection in Years 3-5: 623 DYAR
Bust (< 500 DYAR) 46.9%
Adequate Starter
(500-1499 DYAR) 24.8%
Upper Tier (1500-2500 DYAR) 18.0%
Elite (>2500 DYAR) 10.4%

Rosen is a very typical first-round quarterback prospect. That's not meant to be a negative statement. The average QBASE for first-round picks since 1997 is 620; Rosen is at 623. The average first-round quarterback has 2.7 years of starting experience; Rosen has three. Rosen's APYA (adjusted passing yards per attempt) of 8.5 and completion rate of 62.6 percent are a little below average for a first-round quarterback prospect, but not by much. (The averages are 9.0 and 64.0, respectively.)

Rosen played a slightly harder than average schedule, but also gets docked by QBASE because he had a lot of high-rated talent around him at UCLA. OT Kolton Miller and TE Caleb Wilson are likely to be first-round picks (Miller this year, Wilson in 2019). C Scott Quessenberry and WR Jordan Lasley are also likely to be drafted this year.

i

Lamar Jackson, Louisville Cardinals

Scouts Inc. ranking: No. 38

Projecting Jackson
Mean Projection in Years 3-5: 656 DYAR
Bust (< 500 DYAR) 46.2%
Adequate Starter
(500-1499 DYAR) 26.9%
Upper Tier (1500-2500 DYAR) 18.5%
Elite (>2500 DYAR) 8.5%

QBASE is projecting only a quarterback's passing performance, so it doesn't care about Jackson's phenomenal running abilities. But QBASE also clearly thinks that talk of Jackson switching positions is kind of silly. He's just as good a quarterback prospect as any of this year's other young passers not named Baker Mayfield.

Jackson has one stat that lags far behind his others: a completion rate of just 59.1 percent in 2017 and just 57.0 percent for his three-year college career. But his AYPA (8.7) and Louisville's passing S&P+ (11th, right below USC) peg him as a late first-round pick. And unlike other prospects who led top passing offenses last year, Jackson didn't have a lot of great talent around him. Any Louisville receivers and linemen who are drafted (perhaps OT Geron Christian this year and WR Jaylen Smith next year) are likely to be Day 3 picks.

i

Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State Cowboys

Scouts Inc. ranking: No. 79

Projecting Rudolph
Mean Projection in Years 3-5: 343 DYAR
Bust (< 500 DYAR) 54.2%
Adequate Starter
(500-1499 DYAR) 24.8%
Upper Tier (1500-2500 DYAR) 15.5%
Elite (>2500 DYAR) 5.6%

Rudolph isn't quite at the Baker Mayfield level, but his raw stats last season were outstanding.

A 10.7 AYPA far surpasses the rest of these prospects, thanks in large part to 37 touchdowns with only nine interceptions. A completion rate of 65.0 percent is also second among these 2017 prospects.

Rudolph's QBASE is lower for two reasons. First, QBASE is factoring in that scouting consensus has Rudolph as a third-round selection, not a first-rounder. Second, unlike Mayfield, Rudolph is getting penalized for putting up his big stats against an easier Big 12 schedule. Mayfield had five games against pass defenses ranked in the S&P+ top 20, while Rudolph had only two (No. 15 TCU and No. 16 Texas).

i

Kyle Lauletta, Richmond Spiders

Scouts Inc. ranking: No. 89

Projecting Lauletta
Mean Projection in Years 3-5: 273 DYAR
Bust (< 500 DYAR) 56.0%
Adequate Starter
(500-1499 DYAR) 24.7%
Upper Tier (1500-2500 DYAR) 14.0%
Elite (>2500 DYAR) 5.4%

Projecting FCS-level quarterbacks is extremely difficult. For Lauletta's projection, we approximated that the pass defenses of the Colonial Athletic Association are roughly equivalent to the lowest FBS conference, the Sun Belt. That would give the average defense faced by Lauletta a rank of 90.8, the worst of this year's top prospects.

Lauletta's 8.7 AYPA in his senior year is similar to what Carson Wentz (8.7) and Joe Flacco (8.6) had in their final FCS years, but is far behind the 10.0 APYA put up by Jimmy Garoppolo.

i

Luke Falk, Washington State Cougars

Scouts Inc. ranking: No. 104

Projecting Falk
Mean Projection in Years 3-5: 277 DYAR
Bust (< 500 DYAR) 54.5%
Adequate Starter
(500-1499 DYAR) 23.6%
Upper Tier (1500-2500 DYAR) 14.4%
Elite (>2500 DYAR) 7.6%

Falk is right in the cusp of qualifying for QBASE, depending on where he is selected on draft day. The basic idea of only using QBASE on the top 100 picks is that if you drop to the third day of the draft, scouts have probably done a good job of determining that your great college stats are a sign of a system quarterback rather than a top NFL talent.

But Falk didn't even have great college stats. His 6.8 APYA last year was even lower than Allen's 6.9, thanks to short throws (just 10.1 yards per completion) and 13 interceptions.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos

2018 NFL Mock Draft 3.0: Mel Kiper's picks for 1-32

i

1. Cleveland Browns
*Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
No change here from my first two mock drafts. The Browns are zeroing in on a quarterback with the first overall pick, and Allen has crushed the pre-draft process. The addition of Tyrod Taylor allows Allen, who is the most raw of the top quarterback prospects in this class, to sit on the sideline and adjust to the speed of the NFL. Cleveland doesn't have to play Allen immediately, which really hurt DeShone Kizer in 2017.

i

2. New York Giants
*Sam Darnold, QB, USC
The Giants are in a good spot here. If they don't love one of these quarterbacks, they can solicit trade offers to move down and pick the best player available. They have needs at several positions, including pass-rusher (they just dealt Jason Pierre-Paul) and running back (I went with Saquon Barkley here in Mock Draft 2.0). New York, however, also needs its quarterback of the future, and new coach Pat Shurmur was among the Giants contingent that met with Darnold before his pro day workout. The G-Men could stick with Eli Manning in 2018 and move on to Darnold in 2019.

i

3. New York Jets (from Indianapolis Colts)
*Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
The Jets traded up with the Colts to get a quarterback. Now the question is: Which ones will be available? There's a legitimate chance the Jets have to settle for their third option, but it's possible they like three quarterbacks in this class. Rosen has rare arm talent and is the most NFL-ready of this group, but his injury history (shoulder in 2016, concussions in 2017) has been a point of discussion among teams.

i

4. Cleveland Browns (from Houston Texans)
*Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

I suspect general manager John Dorsey would be thrilled if he got his quarterback at No. 1 and Barkley at No. 4. My top-ranked prospect in this class, Barkley would make the Browns better on day one as an elite back who will help in the passing game. If Dorsey & Co. decide to try to grab a running back later in the draft, this scenario would allow Cleveland to target the top defender on its board. Alabama defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick and NC State edge rusher Bradley Chubb are both in play here.

i

5. Denver Broncos
Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma

Count me among the people who believe the Broncos are still in for a quarterback at No. 5, even after signing Case Keenum to a two-year deal. That's a short-term commitment with only $25 million guaranteed, and Denver can't pass up a guy it thinks could be the face of its franchise for at least a decade. General manager John Elway was among the people in attendance at Mayfield's pro day on the first day of free agency. The 2017 Heisman Trophy winner put up huge numbers at Oklahoma, and he has moxie that NFL teams love. If Denver decides against a quarterback, Notre Dame guard Quenton Nelson fills a major need.

i

6. Indianapolis Colts (from New York Jets)
Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State

So the Colts trade down from No. 3 and still end up with the prospect I've given them in my first two mock drafts. Chubb is the best pass-rusher in this class, and Indianapolis badly needs edge rushers for its expected move to a 4-3 defense. This fit is too perfect -- and the Colts added three second-round picks (two in 2018, one in 2019) in their trade with the Jets.

i

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
*Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State

Quenton Nelson might have been in play here, but the Bucs signed center Ryan Jensen in free agency and can move Ali Marpet back to guard. I think this pick has to be a defensive back -- the Bucs had the league's worst passing defense in 2017. Tampa Bay could choose from the best corner or safety on its board, and Ward is the top corner in this class. Former first-round pick Vernon Hargreaves III has not impressed, and Brent Grimes will be 35 when the season begins.

i

8. Chicago Bears
*Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame

I like what the Bears have done in free agency, adding weapons for quarterback Mitchell Trubisky in Allen Robinson, Trey Burton and Taylor Gabriel. Now go get Trubisky some more protection in Nelson, a dominant interior blocker who can slot in Josh Sitton's spot. Another thing to note: Chicago hired Harry Hiestand, Nelson's position coach at Notre Dame, this offseason to coach its offensive line.

i

9. San Francisco 49ers
*Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

San Francisco picked up Richard Sherman before free agency started, but its defensive backfield still isn't set. The 49ers could take the versatile Fitzpatrick and use him in a hybrid safety role in which he plays some slot corner too. He's a true playmaker with the size and athleticism to play any position in the secondary. General manager John Lynch showed last year that he isn't afraid to make draft-day trades, so this is a spot to watch for teams moving up.

i

10. Oakland Raiders
*Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia

This pick has been the same since Mock Draft 1.0 because Smith just makes sense as the new face of Jon Gruden's defense (with Khalil Mack, of course). Oakland's linebacker play was abysmal in 2017, and Smith is the type of sideline-to-sideline player that every defensive coordinator covets. Smith can play all three downs, and he also could pitch in and rush the passer.

i

11. Miami Dolphins
*Derwin James, S, Florida State

James is back in the discussion for the top 10 after he ran a 4.47 40-yard dash and showed off a 40-inch vertical at the combine. He has rare athleticism for a 6-foot-2 safety, though his 2017 tape was inconsistent after he returned from a knee injury that caused him to miss most of the previous season. At his best, James is an enforcer in the mold of Kam Chancellor -- he's not afraid to bring the wood. He can be a versatile defender who plays in the box and also covers the deep middle of the field. The Dolphins have arguably lost more talent this offseason than any other team, and they have needs all across their roster.

i

12. Buffalo Bills (from Cincinnati Bengals)

*Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
The Bills are trying to move up even more to draft a quarterback; four could be off the board by the time they select at 12, the pick they received from the Bengals in the trade for offensive tackle Cordy Glenn. So with no trades in my mock draft, I'm going with a need here, as Buffalo lost leading tackler Preston Brown in free agency and doesn't have much depth at the position. I see Edmunds' best fit as an inside linebacker in a 3-4, but there are teams that like him as an outside linebacker and edge rusher. The versatility is a plus, and he could play inside or outside in the Bills' 4-3.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
i

13. Washington Redskins
*Vita Vea, DT, Washington

As I noted in Mock Draft 2.0, Washington ranked last in the league in run defense in 2017, allowing 134.1 yards per game. This team needs a nose tackle who can eat up space and take on blockers, and that's what Vea brings. He's a strong and athletic tackle who also can get after quarterbacks. The Redskins like 2017 first-round pick Jonathan Allen, who played in only five games because of a Lisfranc injury, and he and Vea would be a nice defensive foundation on which to build.

i

14. Green Bay Packers
Marcus Davenport, DE, Texas San Antonio

Cornerback is a need for Green Bay, but Davenport would be hard to pass up. He's the second-best pass-rusher in this class and a 6-foot-6, 264-pound quick-twitch athlete with a high ceiling. The Packers need to get younger at outside linebacker -- Clay Matthews will be 32 this spring -- and Davenport could be a part-time player while he gets up to speed at the NFL level. Davenport also fits as a defensive end with his hand in the dirt in a 4-3.

i

15. Arizona Cardinals
*Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville

Surprised? Don't be. Sam Bradford and Mike Glennon are short-term solutions for a team that has seen a talent drain since it went to the NFC title game in the 2015 season. There are holes all across the Cardinals' roster, particularly at wide receiver, as Larry Fitzgerald will be 35 when the season begins. Jackson is one of the most dynamic quarterback talents I've ever scouted, but he's raw. As I wrote in my updated Big Board, if a smart offensive coordinator builds his offense around Jackson's strengths, the former Heisman Trophy winner could be a star.

i

16. Baltimore Ravens
Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame

McGlinchey is a plug-and-play right tackle who would be playing on the same line as his college teammate Ronnie Stanley. McGlinchey played on the right side for Notre Dame two years ago, and he was dominant. Then he took Stanley's spot at left tackle -- and was dominant. This move also would allow Baltimore to keep Alex Lewis at guard instead of trying him at right tackle. Lewis also could move to center to replace Ryan Jensen.

i

17. Los Angeles Chargers
*Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama

This is another pick that has stayed the same across my first two mock drafts, and the Chargers haven't done anything in free agency to address their porous run defense (as I noted last month, their 4.9 yards per rushing attempt allowed ranked last in the league). Payne had only three career sacks at Alabama, but he's stellar against the run and is quick off the ball.

i

18. Seattle Seahawks
*Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa

Seattle is set at one corner with Shaquill Griffin, a steal in the third round of last year's draft. But after releasing Richard Sherman, the other corner spot is far from settled. The 6-foot Jackson fits the Seahawks' mold of bigger corners, and he has great ball skills (eight interceptions in 2017). Seattle has lost a lot of talent this offseason and could go after another offensive lineman or wide receiver.

i

19. Dallas Cowboys
Rashaan Evans, ILB, Alabama

This pick could depend on how the Cowboys feel about Jaylon Smith, who improved as the 2017 season went along but struggled at times. If they think Smith can fill in at middle linebacker with Anthony Hitchens gone to the Chiefs in free agency, they might look elsewhere in the draft. For now, I think Evans is a good fit as an every-down player. Tight end is another position to watch here -- Dallas needs to replace Jason Witten at some point.

i

20. Detroit Lions
*Taven Bryan, DT, Florida

This pick is all about projection, as Bryan is a freakish talent who didn't produce to his ability at Florida; he had only 5.5 career sacks. But there were games (turn on the Texas A&M tape from 2017) in which he looked like a top-10 pick. He would play 3-technique for the Lions and new coach Matt Patricia. Bryan is raw, but he could be a star given time (and coaching) to develop. Linebacker and cornerback also could be options for Detroit here, and running back shouldn't be out of the question.

i

21. Cincinnati Bengals (from Buffalo Bills)
*Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA

Miller impressed at the combine, running a 4.91 40 and jumping 10-foot-1 in the broad jump. Did I mention he's 6-foot-8, 309 pounds? The Bengals traded for Cordy Glenn to be their left tackle, as Cedric Ogbuehi struggled in 2017. Miller could compete with Jake Fisher on the right side, giving Cincinnati upgraded depth along the line. The Bengals also could eye a linebacker here with Vontaze Burfict facing a suspension to start the season.

i

22. Buffalo Bills (from Kansas City Chiefs)
*Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville

The Bills signed veteran Vontae Davis last month to start at corner opposite 2017 first-round pick Tre'Davious White, but it's a one-year deal. This is a team desperately in need of quality depth in the secondary. Alexander was a new addition to my latest Big Board because of how he performed at the combine; he ran a 4.38 40 and his numbers in the drills ranked near the top of his class. At 5-foot-10, 196 pounds, Alexander is undersized, and he could play in the nickel.

i

23. Los Angeles Rams
*Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State

The Rams' defense has undergone several changes this offseason. Robert Quinn, Trumaine Johnson and Alec Ogletree are gone, and Aqib Talib, Marcus Peters, Sam Shields and Ndamukong Suh are in. Cornerback is no longer Los Angeles' top need, which is why I'm going with an athletic inside linebacker here to replace Ogletree. Vander Esch is versatile enough to be an every-down player. Trust in defensive coordinator Wade Phillips to develop him.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
i

24. Carolina Panthers
*Justin Reid, S, Stanford

Reid is another fast riser after the combine, and he stands out on the Stanford tape. He can play in the box or as a deep safety, taking over for Kurt Coleman in the Panthers' secondary. I think he's going to play on day one in the NFL and be a key rookie standout wherever he ends up. The Panthers traded for Torrey Smith, but they should still be in the market for an upgrade at receiver.

i

25. Tennessee Titans
Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College

Landry is the top 3-4 outside linebacker in this class, an elite edge rusher when he's at his best. That wasn't in 2017, as he missed five games with an ankle injury. He dominated in 2016, though, with 16.5 sacks and looked like a potential top-five pick. The team that selects Landry will hope he can replicate his 2016 form. Tennessee needs to get younger at outside linebacker, and starters Brian Orakpo and Derrick Morgan will be free agents next March.

i

26. Atlanta Falcons
*Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama

Finally, a receiver comes off the board. Ridley is still my top-ranked wideout, but he's dropping a little bit. He didn't test well athletically at the combine, and he didn't show off the explosion I expected (a vertical jump of 31 inches was concerning). Still, the tape shows a player who consistently beats cornerbacks and is great after the catch. Ridley, Julio Jones and Mohamed Sanu would form one of the most talented receiving corps in the league.

i

27. New Orleans Saints
*Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina

As I noted in Mock Draft 2.0 when I pegged Hurst to New Orleans, Drew Brees needs a No. 1 tight end. Coby Fleener was a free-agent bust, and we thought the Saints might try to bring back Jimmy Graham. Hurst is an all-around tight end who can help in the running game while he develops as a pass-catcher. The New Orleans offense is loaded, but this is a critical void that needs to be filled. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Saints targeted a quarterback at this spot or on Day 2.

i

28. Pittsburgh Steelers
Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia

Yes, the Steelers took an edge rusher in T.J. Watt in the first round of last year's draft, but I still think this is a position of need. Bud Dupree hasn't quite broken out like we thought he might when he was selected on Day 1 in 2015. The reason I'm going with Carter here is because he could potentially play inside linebacker too, taking over for Ryan Shazier. Carter showed versatility at Georgia and wasn't always asked to rush the passer -- he had only 9.5 sacks over the past two seasons.

i

29. Jacksonville Jaguars
*D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland

Moore is one of my favorite prospects in this class, and he tested off the charts at the combine (4.42 40 and 11-foot broad jump). He could be a No. 1 receiver in time, and he'll be an impact returner as a rookie. Jacksonville lost top wideout Allen Robinson in free agency and will try to replace him with a combination of Dede Westbrook, Donte Moncrief and Keelan Cole. Why not take a big-time receiver on Day 1 and fill that hole?

i

30. Minnesota Vikings
*James Daniels, C/G, Iowa

Daniels is my top-ranked center, but in this scenario he'd slot in as an immediate starter at guard for the Vikings, who already have Pat Elflein at center. Daniels is a technically sound player who can get to the second level with ease. After having one of the NFL's worst offensive lines in 2016, Minnesota made some smart moves to upgrade in 2017. And if the Vikings add Daniels, they might have one of the league's best O-lines in 2018.

i

31. New England Patriots
*Mike Hughes, CB, Central Florida

The Patriots lost Nate Solder, Malcolm Butler, Dion Lewis, Cameron Fleming and Danny Amendola, among others, in free agency, and they have more holes in their roster than usual. Are they really expecting veteran Jason McCourty to replace Butler? Former second-round pick Cyrus Jones has barely played in two seasons in New England, so I don't think he's the answer. Hughes emerged as a shutdown corner in 2017 and also will help as a punt and kick returner. He had three returns for touchdowns last season. Given Bill Belichick's history in the draft, the Patriots could trade down to acquire more picks.

i

32. Philadelphia Eagles
Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State

My best comp for Goedert after watching him closely in 2017? Eagles tight end Zach Ertz. So this pick would mean the Eagles get a ready-made replacement for Trey Burton (and Brent Celek). Philadelphia showed last season that there are plenty of snaps available for multiple tight ends. Goedert is an adequate blocker who will be a threat as a pass-catcher. This is a great situation for him.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest

NFL two-round 2018 mock draft - Mel Kiper, Todd McShay dueling first, second round pick rankings, draft order, 32 picks
by Mel Kiper Jr.Todd McShay on 2018-04-14 09:23:00 UTC (original: Dueling two-round 2018 NFL mock drafts: Kiper, McShay go 1-64)

It's Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay. It's two rounds of projected picks for the 2018 NFL draft. It's 128 possible prospect-team matches. It's ... almost time for the real thing.

As a reminder, Mel and Todd are not making these picks based on their personal preferences; they're peering into the future and predicting what they think will happen during the draft.

Mel's predictions for picks 1-64 don't feature any trades, but Todd projects two big trades for teams moving up in the first round to take quarterbacks. Those picks are denoted with an asterisk.

Here we go, starting with the Browns, who have five picks in the first two rounds.

Jump to: Kiper's complete 1-64 | McShay's complete 1-64 | Full draft order

ROUND 1
1. Cleveland Browns

Kiper: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

Allen, my top-ranked quarterback, can sit behind Tyrod Taylorin 2018 and take the Week 1 snaps in 2019.

McShay: Sam Darnold, QB, USC

I've had Darnold here in all three of my mocks. Nothing he has done at the combine or pro day has changed my thoughts on this pick.

2. New York Giants
Kiper: Sam Darnold, QB, USC

Darnold won't have to play early, giving him time refine his mechanics and footwork. Unless the G-Men get a trade offer they can't refuse.

NFL draft coverage » | Full order: 1-256 »

Mel Kiper's Mock Draft 3.0 »
Todd McShay's Mock Draft 3.0 »
Kiper's Big Board » | McShay's Top 32 »
Teams with most, least draft capital »
Projecting QB booms, busts »
Kiper: Re-grading 2017 NFL draft »

2. Buffalo Bills (from Giantsvia Bengals)*
McShay: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

A trade! I know, I am flouting Kiper's rules. Here's what I'm projecting:

Bills get: Pick No. 2
Giants get: Pick Nos. 12, 22 and 53

I'm hearing a lot of buzz that a deal could happen between Buffalo and the Giants at No. 2. The strong-armed Allen fits the AFC East, and the Bills can be patient with him as AJ McCarron can start in 2018. Allen has the highest upside of the quarterbacks in this class, but he also might need the most polish.

3. New York Jets (from Colts)
Kiper: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

General manager Mike Maccagnan didn't trade up to not take a quarterback. And starter Josh McCown will be 39 when Week 1 begins.

McShay: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

This pick seems as if it probably will come down to Rosen or Baker Mayfield. Rosen is more polished, and if Maccagnan is OK with the character issues, Rosen is the pick here.

4. Cleveland Browns (from Texans)
Kiper: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

Cleveland gets its quarterback at No. 1 and some help for its quarterback at No. 4. Barkley is my top-ranked prospectoverall.

McShay: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

A dream scenario for GM John Dorsey, who gets his QB at No. 1 and the best player in the draft at 4.

5. Denver Broncos
Kiper: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma

Case Keenum got only a two-year deal in free agency. Mayfield could take his job at some point ... and be the Broncos' starter for the next 12 years.

McShay: Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State

I'm told Mayfield is a legit possibility here, but I think they pass if Chubb is still on the board.

6. Indianapolis Colts (from Jets)
Kiper: Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State

Easy choice here. Indy needs pass-rushers, and Chubb is the best in the class.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Barnwell's free agency & trade grades »
Signings, analysis for all 32 teams »
Ranking top 100 NFL free agents »
Players who landed in perfect spots »
Highest-paid players at every position »
Who really got best free-agent deals? »
Biggest remaining need for all 32 »
Are Vikings NFC fave with Cousins? »
Fantasy impact of key deals, moves »

6. Miami Dolphins (from Colts via Jets)*
McShay: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma

Another trade!

Miami gets: Pick No. 6
Indianapolis gets: Pick Nos. 11, 42

If Denver passes on Mayfield, I think Miami pounces and moves up to get him. Moving up wouldn't bankrupt Miami from a draft capital standpoint. The Dolphins like Ryan Tannehill when he's healthy, but they can't trust him to stay on the field.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Kiper: Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State

Easy choice here, too. The Bucs' pass defense was woeful in 2017, and Ward is the best true corner in this class.

McShay: Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State

I'm with Mel here. Tampa Bay still needs help in the secondary, so the Bucs take the best man-to-man corner on the board.

8. Chicago Bears
Kiper: Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame

I thought about a linebacker here, but Nelson fills a big hole and should help Mitchell Trubisky.

McShay: Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame

Josh Sitton is gone and Nelson would represent a big upgrade. This continues a promising offseason trend of Chicago giving Trubisky what he needs to succeed.

9. San Francisco 49ers
Kiper: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

Fitzpatrick could start at corner -- opposite Richard Sherman-- or safety for the 49ers, who have a young, talented front seven but need to fill out the secondary.

McShay: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

San Francisco would love if Nelson fell here, but CB is still a need. John Lynch will go for the best player available and Fitzpatrick is the best player on the board.

10. Oakland Raiders
Kiper: Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia

As the first pick in the (new) Jon Gruden era, Smith could become one of the faces of the Raiders.

McShay: Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia

Raiders have choice between the high-motor sideline-to-sideline Smith and the less-polished but freakishly-gifted Edmunds. A tough call, but I'll go Smith here.

11. Miami Dolphins
Kiper: Derwin James, S, Florida State

There's a chance James could be off the board here. Miami gets a safety in the mold of Kam Chancellor.

11. Indianapolis Colts (from Dolphins)*
McShay: Derwin James, S, Florida State

The Colts pick up more picks to move back and add a really solid, versatile playmaker to line up next to Malik Hooker in the secondary.

12. Buffalo Bills (from Bengals)
Kiper: Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech

Edmunds might be the best athlete in this draft -- and he could play inside or outside linebacker in Buffalo.

12. New York Giants (from Bills via Bengals)*
McShay: Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech

With their first pick in the draft after the trade with Buffalo, the Giants get a versatile player who can play any linebacker spot in their new 3-4 defense. New York hasn't taken a first-round LB since Carl Banks in 1984, but Edmunds breaks the streak.

13. Washington Redskins
Kiper: Vita Vea, DT, Washington

Vea fills a critical need in the middle of the Washington defense.

McShay: Vita Vea, DT, Washington

Vea is a perfect fit for a defense that needs to get stout versus the run (last in league in run defense last season). James would be a possibility if still on the board, especially with Su'a Cravens gone to Denver.

14. Green Bay Packers
Kiper: Marcus Davenport, DE, Texas San Antonio

As I noted in my Mock Draft 3.0, pass-rusher Clay Matthewswill be 32 in May. Green Bay needs to find (and develop) his replacement.

McShay: Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa

Marcus Davenport is still a possibility here, but I think the Packers go with a tall, long CB in Jackson, who is a good fit in new defensive coordinator Mike Pettine's scheme.

15. Arizona Cardinals
Kiper: Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville

This is a change from my last 1-32 projection, when I went with quarterback Lamar Jackson. Now I'm going with his former teammate, who fills a big hole on the other side of Patrick Peterson.

McShay: Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville

Arizona needs a QB, but in this scenario the Cardinals can't get any of the top four guys. Alexander is a fast riser, according to people in the league, and could immediately compete for the No. 2 CB spot.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
16. Baltimore Ravens
Kiper: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame

Snagging a new right tackle in Round 1 gives Baltimore an upgraded offensive line -- and helps quarterback Joe Flacco, too.

McShay: Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina

The Ravens need another playmaking pass-catcher and Hurst fits the bill. I have Dallas Goedert ranked ahead of Hurst, but I think I'm in the minority.

17. Los Angeles Chargers
Kiper: Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama

The Chargers have a stellar edge rushing duo in Joey Bosaand Melvin Ingram, but they need better players on the interior.

McShay: Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama

Los Angeles could go offensive tackle here, but Brandon Mebane is 33 and the Chargers need to improve the interior of their defensive line. Payne is an immediate upgrade.

18. Seattle Seahawks
Kiper: Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa

Jackson and 2017 third-round pick Shaquill Griffin can help Seattle transition into the next phase of the Legion of Boom.

McShay: Marcus Davenport, DE, Texas San Antonio

Without Michael Bennett and Sheldon Richardson, pass rush is all of a sudden a big need for Seattle. Davenport is raw but loaded with talent and would fit the scheme.

19. Dallas Cowboys
Kiper: Rashaan Evans, ILB, Alabama

Evans could replace Anthony Hitchens at middle linebacker and help rush the passer on third downs.

McShay: Taven Bryan, DT, Florida

An interior pass-rusher with his best football ahead of him, Bryan has elite first-step quickness. He'd fit well in a D-line rotation in Dallas.

20. Detroit Lions
Kiper: Taven Bryan, DT, Florida

New coach Matt Patricia gets a highly talented piece to coach up. The Lions could also take the second running back off the board.

McShay: Sony Michel, RB, Georgia

A lot of buzz surrounding Michel right now. He'd be a great addition to the backfield with Matthew Stafford.

21. Cincinnati Bengals (from Bills)
Kiper: Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State

The versatile Vander Esch is surging. The Bengals added middle linebacker Preston Brown in free agency, but it's a one-year deal.

McShay: Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama

Evans is a stud. The Vontaze Burfict suspension makes LB more of a need for Cincy.

22. Buffalo Bills (from Chiefs)
Kiper: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville

With two picks on Day 1, Buffalo could trade up again. In this scenario, Sean McDermott & Co. get their quarterback of the future.

22. New York Giants (from Bills via Chiefs)*
McShay: James Daniels, OC/OG, Iowa

New York signed Nate Solder to be its left tackle and now solidifies the interior of the offensive line with Daniels, who could start at center or guard.

23. New England Patriots(from Rams)
Kiper: Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA

The Patriots added this pick in the Brandin Cooks deal. Miller has a high ceiling -- he was an under-the-radar prospect heading into the season. At 6-8, 309 pounds, Miller could play left or right tackle.

McShay: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame

This deal gets New England in the position to take a left tackle. McGlinchey's NFL comp is Solder, so he'd make sense here.

24. Carolina Panthers
Kiper: Justin Reid, S, Stanford

I expect Reid to make my All-Rookie Team in 2018, wherever he ends up. He did it all for the Cardinal in 2017. Carolina could also target a defensive end.

McShay: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama

Carolina still needs pass-catchers on the outside, and Ridley is a good value here.

25. Tennessee Titans
Kiper: Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College

Is Landry more like the dominant edge rusher he was in 2016 (16.5 sacks), or is he like the player who underperformed in 2017? He put up great numbers at the combine.

McShay: Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College

Landry has a ton of talent but didn't put it together last season. This might be a little bit of a reach, but Landry has explosive traits.

26. Atlanta Falcons
Kiper: Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP

Hernandez, a road-grading blocker, could be an immediate starter on a top-to-bottom roster that is one of the league's most talented.

McShay: D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland

The Falcons have a strong roster already but add a speedy wideout here as another option for Matt Ryan.

27. New Orleans Saints
Kiper: Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina

Coby Fleener hasn't done much in two years, and Hurst would be a clear upgrade. The NFC is loaded in 2018, and the Saints should be in the thick of it again.

McShay: Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State

My top-ranked tight end is a good value here and gives Drew Brees another playmaker.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
28. Pittsburgh Steelers
Kiper: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama

Pittsburgh has JuJu Smith-Schuster and Martavis Bryant(and Antonio Brown, of course), but Bryant is a free agent in 2019. This position isn't set long term, and teams need multiple pass-catchers. The Steelers could also look closely at a linebacker.

McShay: Mike Hughes, CB, UCF

Pittsburgh could use help in the secondary. Hughes might slip because he ran just a decent 40 time in Indy, but he's a ballhawk with good man-to-man cover skills.

29. Jacksonville Jaguars
Kiper: D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland

Moore could be the top receiver picked on Day 1. And he'll help in the return game.

McShay: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville

Jackson could provide competition for Blake Bortles, who is on a cap-friendly deal.

30. Minnesota Vikings
Kiper: James Daniels, C/G, Iowa

Minnesota could look at guards or tackles with this pick. Daniels could move to guard for the Vikings.

McShay: Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP

Not a lot of holes on this roster, so Minnesota probably will look at the offensive or defensive line here. Hernandez will help shore up the O-line to protect the investment the Vikings made in Kirk Cousins.

31. New England Patriots
Kiper: Mike Hughes, CB, Central Florida

Hughes could be Malcolm Butler's replacement and the punt and kick returner on Day 1.

McShay: Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama

A versatile defensive back, Harrison could be an eventual Patrick Chung replacement.

32. Philadelphia Eagles
Kiper: Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State

Zach Ertz and Goedert would form one of the best tight end duos in the league. Philadelphia could also try to beef up its defensive line here.

McShay: Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State

The Eagles have the luxury of drafting for value. This would be a great landing spot for Vander Esch, as Philadelphia could utilize his versatility.

ROUND 2
33. Cleveland Browns

Kiper: Geron Christian, OT, Louisville

For the first time since 2007, Joe Thomas won't be the Browns' left tackle in Week 1. Christian is one of the most talented tackles in this class.

McShay: Connor Williams, OG/OT, Texas

The Browns need more help on the offensive line without Thomas lining up at left tackle.

34. New York Giants
Kiper: Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

If the Giants pass on Saquon Barkley on Day 1, they could snag the No. 2 running back of the class here. And I'm sure their new quarterback would be thrilled.

McShay: Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

The Giants get my third-ranked RB and another offensive playmaker for new coach Pat Shurmur.

35. Cleveland Browns (from Texans)
Kiper: D.J. Chark, WR, LSU

The 6-3 Chark ran a 4.34 40-yard dash at the combine. That's elite speed. Now, can he be more consistent with his route-running? This is a pick based on projection.

McShay: Justin Reid, S, Stanford

Cleveland gets another versatile safety on the back end to pair with Jabrill Peppers.

36. Indianapolis Colts
Kiper: Connor Williams, OT/OG, Texas

The Colts need to hit on these three second-round picks. Williams would slot in at right tackle in this scenario.

McShay: Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia

The Colts have plenty of needs, and pass-rusher is one of them. Carter gives more speed to this defense and helps with the rush.

37. Indianapolis Colts (from Jets)
Kiper: Donte Jackson, CB, LSU

Both cornerback spots are open in Indianapolis. The 5-10, 178-pound Jackson is undersized but has elite speed and athleticism.

McShay: Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA

Indianapolis must keep Andrew Luck upright to have a chance. Miller has excellent size and makes good second-level blocks.

38. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Kiper: Ronald Jones II, RB, USC

The Bucs had one of the league's worst rushing offenses in 2017, and Muscle Hamster is gone. Jones is a threat to score on every touch.

McShay: Ronald Jones II, RB, USC

Running back is a glaring hole for Tampa Bay. Jones has home-run potential with the ball in his hands.

39. Chicago Bears
Kiper: Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia

Carter could sneak into the end of the first round. He could battle with newly signed outside linebacker Aaron Lynch for a starting spot.

McShay: Donte Jackson, CB, LSU

The fast CB (4.32 40-yard dash) would help give Chicago some much-needed depth in the secondary.

40. Denver Broncos
Kiper: Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia

Wynn played tackle in college but is only 6-2. He dominated defenders during Senior Bowl practices.

McShay: Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia

Wynn should move inside in the pros, but he has had an excellent postseason process. Denver needs O-line help.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
41. Oakland Raiders
Kiper: Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado

Oakland should get much more out of 2017 first-round pick Gareon Conley this season -- he played only 89 snaps last season -- but the spot across from him is wide open.

McShay: Jessie Bates III, S, Wake Forest

A fast riser after a great combine workout, Bates helps solidify Oakland's secondary.

42. Miami Dolphins
Kiper: Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan

Hurst was diagnosed with a heart condition at the NFL combine but was recently cleared by doctors. He's one of the best 3-technique tackles in this class.

42. Indianapolis Colts (from Dolphins)*
McShay: Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M

This pick goes to the Colts as part of my proposed trade to have Miami move up from No. 11 to No. 6 to get a quarterback. The Colts don't have much at wide receiver behind T.Y. Hilton. Kirk is dangerous with the ball in his hands and can return kicks.

43. New England Patriots(from 49ers)
Kiper: Sam Hubbard, OLB/DE, Ohio State

The Patriots' top pick in 2017 -- outside linebacker Derek Rivers -- tore his ACL in the preseason and never got on the field. This is a position that needs to be addressed in the draft (again).

McShay: Jerome Baker, LB, Ohio State

New England continues to shore up its D with an athletic, undersized weakside linebacker.

44. Washington Redskins
Kiper: Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State

Samaje Perine, a fourth-round pick last year, averaged only 3.4 yards per carry. Penny is a home-run threat.

McShay: D.J. Chark, WR, LSU

Chark has had a terrific postseason process and his speed (4.34 40) would give Alex Smith another playmaker.

45. Green Bay Packers
Kiper: M.J. Stewart, CB, North Carolina

This is the seventh cornerback off the board so far. Is Green Bay really counting on 1,000 snaps this season from 35-year-old Tramon Williams?

McShay: Brian O'Neill, OT, Pittsburgh

The most important player on Green Bay is No. 12. This is a pick to help protect him.

46. Cincinnati Bengals
Kiper: Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford

Geno Atkins is under contract for only one more season, and the Bengals need depth at the interior of their defense.

McShay: Billy Price, C/G, Ohio State

Price tore his left biceps at the combine but should be back in time for offseason workouts. He'll help add depth to a Bengals offensive line in need of some.

47. Arizona Cardinals
Kiper: Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M

Kirk is a dynamic playmaker who could play in the slot, and he's a stellar return man.

McShay: Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State

Sam Bradford can't be trusted to stay healthy and Arizona needs to take a shot on a QB early in this draft. The value proposition fits here.

48. Los Angeles Chargers
Kiper: Jessie Bates, S, Wake Forest

This is another pick to solidify the middle of the L.A. defense. Bates is rising after he tested well at the combine.

McShay: Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon

Another pick to help keep Philip Rivers upright.

49. Indianapolis Colts (from Jets via Seahawks)
Kiper: Sony Michel, RB, Georgia

That's three positions of need addressed in the second round. Marlon Mack, a fourth-round pick in 2017, showed flashes, but he averaged only 3.8 yards per carry.

McShay: B.J. Hill, DT, NC State

With their fourth (!) pick in this second round, the Colts get some much-needed help on the interior of the defensive line.

50. Dallas Cowboys
Kiper: Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State

I thought about tight end in Round 1 for Dallas, which needs to plan for a future without soon-to-be 36-year-old Jason Witten. Gesicki isn't much of a blocker at this point, but he has the skill set of a 6-5 slot receiver.

McShay: Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis

With Dez Bryant's Cowboys future up in the air, Dak Prescottneeds playmakers on the outside.

51. Detroit Lions
Kiper: Billy Price, OC/OG, Ohio State

Graham Glasgow could start at center or guard, which means the Lions have a hole to fill along the offensive line. Price, a four-year starter for the Buckeyes, tore his left pectoral muscle during the bench press at the combine but should be healthy for training camp.

McShay: Arden Key, DE, LSU

Key has the natural talent of a first-round pick, but his stock has dropped due to off-field concerns. The potential outweighs the risk at this point in the second round.

52. Baltimore Ravens
Kiper: Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma

Former second-round pick Maxx Williams has only 47 catches since being drafted in 2015. Andrews played essentially as a slot receiver for the Sooners, so he needs to develop as a blocker.

McShay: Antonio Callaway, WR, Florida

Even with the additions of Michael Crabtree and John Brown, another wideout would be helpful for Baltimore.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
53. Buffalo Bills
Kiper: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

I love this pick for the Bills, who need better weapons for whomever plays quarterback in 2018 (I gave them Lamar Jackson in Round 1). Zay Jones, taken in Round 2 last year, struggled as a rookie.

Scraped at insider2text.xyz, brought to you by HeheStreams — No ads, No Bullshyt Live & On-Demand NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL Streaming

53. New York Giants (from Bills)*
McShay: Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford

Remember: For me, this pick goes to the Giants as part of their deal with Buffalo, which moved up to No. 2 overall. The Giants need help on the defensive line to spell Damon Harrison and Dalvin Tomlinson. Phillips would be a good fit.

54. Kansas City Chiefs
Kiper: James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State

The Chiefs gave a big free-agent deal to Sammy Watkins, but they shouldn't be done. New starter Patrick Mahomes needs some help.

McShay: Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado

With Marcus Peters gone and no first-round pick from the Mahomes deal, Kansas City needs to hit on this pick. Oliver can help fill the void left by Peters.

55. Carolina Panthers
Kiper: Tyquan Lewis, DE, Ohio State

Surely 38-year-old Julius Peppers has to retire at some point, right? Lewis is inconsistent on tape, but he shows flashes of first-round potential.

McShay: Rasheem Green, DE, USC

Green is still raw but has excellent pass-rushing ability. He'd help on the edge for Carolina.

56. Buffalo Bills (from Rams)
Kiper: Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn

This is the Bills' fourth pick so far, and they have more holes to fill than the average playoff team. The 6-1 Davis is a big corner who could battle for the spot opposite Tre'Davious White.

McShay: James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State

Washington provides a good playmaker on the outside for Buffalo's new QB Josh Allen.

57. Tennessee Titans
Kiper: Austin Corbett, OC/OG, Nevada

Tennessee could upgrade at all three of its interior offensive line positions with the versatile Corbett, who played tackle at Nevada.

McShay: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

Sutton would provide Marcus Mariota with another option in an offense that lacks playmakers.

58. Atlanta Falcons
Kiper: B.J. Hill, DT, NC State

Hill is a powerful player who had a good week of practices at the Senior Bowl. He could take some of the snaps Dontari Poe played in 2017.

McShay: Maurice Hurst, D, Michigan

Hurst has been bumped down because of his heart condition, but he would be a great addition to Atlanta's defensive line.

59. San Francisco 49ers(from Saints)
Kiper: Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis

Miller injured his foot at the end of the season and didn't participate in testing at the combine. On film, he's a stud, though we don't know his true speed. San Francisco could use another playmaker outside.

McShay: Geron Christian, OG, Nevada

The 49ers have their QB; now it's time to help protect him.

60. Pittsburgh Steelers
Kiper: Uchenna Nwosu, OLB, USC

I mentioned linebacker as a need for the Steelers, and Nwosu was nearly unblockable down the stretch of the season for the Trojans. The edge rusher had eight sacks in his final six games.

McShay: Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State

Gesicki crushed his combine workout and would give Pittsburgh another versatile option in an extremely talented offense.

61. Jacksonville Jaguars
Kiper: Jordan Akins, TE, UCF

That's two pass-catchers to help out Blake Bortles in the first two rounds (D.J. Moore was my pick at No. 29). The Jags added Austin Seferian-Jenkins in free agency, but it's a two-year deal with only $4 million guaranteed.

McShay: Jordan Lasley, WR, UCLA

Allen Hurns and Allen Robinson are gone. The Jaguars need some more receivers and Lasley has first-round ability.

62. Minnesota Vikings
Kiper: Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon

With offensive linemen for the Vikings in their first two picks (center/guard James Daniels in Round 1), they can go with the best five players available. Crosby is versatile enough to play either tackle position.

McShay: Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn

Insurance if Trae Waynes or Mackensie Alexander doesn't pan out the way Minnesota hopes.

63. New England Patriots
Kiper: Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State

I expect Rudolph to be the sixth quarterback off the board, and it will likely come in the second round. New England doesn't have a developmental quarterback on its roster. This would be a good spot for Rudolph.

McShay: Anthony Averett, CB, Alabama

After adding Harrison in Round 1, New England doubles down with secondary help.

64. Cleveland Browns (from Eagles)
Kiper: Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama

With their fifth pick of the draft, the Browns get a physical and underlooked defender who can play the deep middle of the field and help in run support.

McShay: M.J. Stewart, CB, North Carolina

Cleveland could use help at cornerback. The Browns would be thrilled with these two rounds of picks.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
64. Cleveland Browns (from Eagles)
Kiper: Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama

With their fifth pick of the draft, the Browns get a physical and underlooked defender who can play the deep middle of the field and help in run support.

McShay: M.J. Stewart, CB, North Carolina

Cleveland could use help at cornerback. The Browns would be thrilled with these two rounds of picks.

Cleveland Josh Allen QB Wyoming
2 NY Giants Sam Darnold QB USC
3 NY Jets
(from IND) Josh Rosen QB UCLA
4 Cleveland
(from HOU) Saquon Barkley RB Penn State
5 Denver Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma
6 Indianapolis
(from NYJ) Bradley Chubb DE NC State
7 Tampa Bay Denzel Ward CB Ohio State
8 Bears Quenton Nelson G Notre Dame
9 San Francisco Minkah Fitzpatrick DB Alabama
10 Oakland Roquan Smith ILB Georgia
11 Miami Derwin James S Florida State
12 Buffalo
(from CIN) Tremaine Edmunds LB Virginia Tech
13 Washington Vita Vea DT Washington
14 Green Bay Marcus Davenport DE Texas San Antonio
15 Arizona Jaire Alexander CB Louisville
16 Baltimore Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame
17 LA Chargers Da'Ron Payne DT Alabama
18 Seattle Josh Jackson CB Iowa
19 Dallas Rashaan Evans ILB Alabama
20 Detroit Taven Bryan DT Florida
21 Cincinnati
(from BUF) Leighton Vander Esch LB Boise State
22 Buffalo
(from KC) Lamar Jackson QB Louisville
23 New England
(from LA Rams ) Kolton Miller OT UCLA
24 Carolina Justin Reid S Stanford
25 Tennessee Harold Landry OLB Boston College
26 Atlanta Will Hernandez OG UTEP
27 New Orleans Hayden Hurst TE South Carolina
28 Pittsburgh Calvin Ridley WR Alabama
29 Jacksonville D.J. Moore WR Maryland
30 Minnesota James Daniels OC/OG Iowa
31 New England Mike Hughes CB Central Florida
32 Philadelphia Dallas Goedert TE South Dakota State
33 Cleveland Geron Christian OT Louisville
34 NY Giants Derrius Guice RB LSU
35 Cleveland
(from HOU) D.J. Chark WR LSU
36 Indianapolis Connor Williams OT/OG Texas
37 Indianapolis
(from NYJ) Donte Jackson CB LSU
38 Tampa Bay Ronald Jones II RB USC
39 Chicago Lorenzo Carter OLB Georgia
40 Denver Isaiah Wynn OG Georgia
41 Oakland Isaiah Oliver CB Colorado
42 Miami Maurice Hurst DT Michigan
43 New England
(from SF) Sam Hubbard OLB/DE Ohio State
44 Washington Rashaad Penny RB San Diego State
45 Green Bay M.J. Stewart CB North Carolina
46 Cincinnati Harrison Phillips DT Stanford
47 Arizona Christian Kirk WR Texas A&M
48 LA Chargers Jessie Bates S Wake Forest
49 Indianapolis
(from NYJ via SEA) Sony Michel RB Georgia
50 Dallas Mike Gesicki TE Penn State
51 Detroit Billy Price OC/OG Ohio State
52 Baltimore Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma
53 Buffalo Courtland Sutton WR SMU
54 Kansas City James Washington WR Oklahoma State
55 Carolina Tyquan Lewis DE Ohio State
56 Buffalo
(from LAR) Carlton Davis CB Auburn
57 Tennessee Austin Corbett OC/OG Nevada
58 Atlanta B.J. Hill DT NC State
59 San Francisco
(from NO) Anthony Miller WR Memphis
60 Pittsburgh Uchenna Nwosu OLB USC
61 Jacksonville Jordan Akins TE UCF
62 Minnesota Tyrell Crosby OT Oregon
63 New England Mason Rudolph QB Oklahoma State
64 Cleveland
(from PHI) Ronnie Harrison S Alabama

McShay's 1-64 projection

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
cShay's 1-64 projection

Pick No. Team Player Position School
1 Cleveland Sam Darnold QB USC
2 Buffalo
(from CIN)*
trade with NYG Josh Allen QB Wyoming
3 NY Jets
(from IND) Josh Rosen QB UCLA
4 Cleveland
(from HOU) Saquon Barkley RB Penn State
5 Denver Bradley Chubb DE NC State
6 Miami*
trade with IND Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma
7 Tampa Bay Denzel Ward CB Ohio State
8 Chicago Quenton Nelson OG Notre Dame
9 San Francisco Minkah Fitzpatrick DB Alabama
10 Oakland Roquan Smith ILB Georgia
11 Indianapolis*
(from NYJ)
trade with MIA Derwin James S Florida State
12 NY Giants*
trade with BUF Tremaine Edmunds LB Virginia Tech
13 Washington Vita Vea DT Washington
14 Green Bay Josh Jackson CB Iowa
15 Arizona Jaire Alexander CB Louisville
16 Baltimore Hayden Hurst TE South Carolina
17 LA Chargers Da'Ron Payne DT Alabama
18 Seattle Marcus Davenport DE UTSA
19 Dallas Taven Bryan DT Florida
20 Detroit Sony Michel RB Georgia
21 Cincinnati
(from BUF) Rashaan Evans LB Alabama
22 NY Giants*
(from KC)
trade with BUF James Daniels OC/OG Iowa
23 New England
(from LA Rams ) Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame
24 Carolina Calvin Ridley WR Alabama
25 Tennessee Harold Landry OLB Boston College
26 Atlanta D.J. Moore WR Maryland
27 New Orleans Dallas Goedert TE South Dakota State
28 Pittsburgh Mike Hughes CB UCF
29 Jacksonville Lamar Jackson QB Louisville
30 Minnesota Will Hernandez OG UTEP
31 New England Ronnie Harrison S Alabama
32 Philadelphia Leighton Vander Esch LB Boise State
33 Cleveland Connor Willimas OT Texas
34 NY Giants Derrius Guice RB LSU
35 Cleveland
(from HOU) Justin Reid S Stanford
36 Indianapolis Lorenzo Carter OLB Georgia
37 Indianapolis
(from NYJ) Kolton Miller OT UCLA
38 Tampa Bay Ronald Jones RB USC
39 Chicago Donte Jackson CB LSU
40 Denver Isaiah Wynn OG Georgia
41 Oakland Jessie Bates S Wake Forest
42 Indianapolis*
trade with MIA Christian Kirk WR Texas A&M
43 New England
(from SF) Jerome Baker OLB Ohio State
44 Washington D.J. Chark WR LSU
45 Green Bay Brian O'Neill OT Pitt
46 Cincinnati Billy Price OC/OG Ohio State
47 Arizona Mason Rudolph QB Oklahoma State
48 LA Chargers Tyrell Crosby OT Oregon
49 Indianapolis
(from NYJ via SEA) B.J. Hill DT NC State
50 Dallas Anthony Miller WR Memphis
51 Detroit Arden Key DE LSU
52 Baltimore Antonio Callawa WR Florida
53 NY Giants*
trade with BUF Harrison Phillips DT Stanford
54 Kansas City Isaiah Oliver CB Colorado
55 Carolina Rasheem Green DE USC
56 Buffalo
(from LAR) James Washington WR Oklahoma State
57 Tennessee Courtland Sutton WR SMU
58 Atlanta Maurice Hurst DT Michigan
59 San Francisco
(from NO) Geron Christian OT Louisville
60 Pittsburgh Mike Gesicki TE Penn State
61 Jacksonville Jordan Lasley WR UCLA
62 Minnesota Carlton Davis CB Auburn
63 New England Anthony Averett CB Alabama
64 Cleveland
(from PHI) M.J. Stewart CB North Carolina

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Barnwell's free agency & trade grades »
Signings, analysis for all 32 teams »
Ranking top 100 NFL free agents »
Players who landed in perfect spots »
Highest-paid players at every position »
Who really got best free-agent deals? »
Biggest remaining need for all 32 »
Are Vikings NFC fave with Cousins? »
Fantasy impact of key deals, moves »

6. Miami Dolphins (from Colts via Jets)*
McShay: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma

Another trade!

Miami gets: Pick No. 6
Indianapolis gets: Pick Nos. 11, 42

If Denver passes on Mayfield, I think Miami pounces and moves up to get him. Moving up wouldn't bankrupt Miami from a draft capital standpoint. The Dolphins like Ryan Tannehill when he's healthy, but they can't trust him to stay on the field.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Kiper: Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State

Easy choice here, too. The Bucs' pass defense was woeful in 2017, and Ward is the best true corner in this class.

McShay: Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State

I'm with Mel here. Tampa Bay still needs help in the secondary, so the Bucs take the best man-to-man corner on the board.

8. Chicago Bears
Kiper: Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame

I thought about a linebacker here, but Nelson fills a big hole and should help Mitchell Trubisky.

McShay: Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame

Josh Sitton is gone and Nelson would represent a big upgrade. This continues a promising offseason trend of Chicago giving Trubisky what he needs to succeed.

9. San Francisco 49ers
Kiper: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

Fitzpatrick could start at corner -- opposite Richard Sherman-- or safety for the 49ers, who have a young, talented front seven but need to fill out the secondary.

McShay: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

San Francisco would love if Nelson fell here, but CB is still a need. John Lynch will go for the best player available and Fitzpatrick is the best player on the board.

10. Oakland Raiders
Kiper: Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia

As the first pick in the (new) Jon Gruden era, Smith could become one of the faces of the Raiders.

McShay: Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia

Raiders have choice between the high-motor sideline-to-sideline Smith and the less-polished but freakishly-gifted Edmunds. A tough call, but I'll go Smith here.

11. Miami Dolphins
Kiper: Derwin James, S, Florida State

There's a chance James could be off the board here. Miami gets a safety in the mold of Kam Chancellor.

11. Indianapolis Colts (from Dolphins)*
McShay: Derwin James, S, Florida State

The Colts pick up more picks to move back and add a really solid, versatile playmaker to line up next to Malik Hooker in the secondary.

12. Buffalo Bills (from Bengals)
Kiper: Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech

Edmunds might be the best athlete in this draft -- and he could play inside or outside linebacker in Buffalo.

12. New York Giants (from Bills via Bengals)*
McShay: Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech

With their first pick in the draft after the trade with Buffalo, the Giants get a versatile player who can play any linebacker spot in their new 3-4 defense. New York hasn't taken a first-round LB since Carl Banks in 1984, but Edmunds breaks the streak.

13. Washington Redskins
Kiper: Vita Vea, DT, Washington

Vea fills a critical need in the middle of the Washington defense.

McShay: Vita Vea, DT, Washington

Vea is a perfect fit for a defense that needs to get stout versus the run (last in league in run defense last season). James would be a possibility if still on the board, especially with Su'a Cravens gone to Denver.

14. Green Bay Packers
Kiper: Marcus Davenport, DE, Texas San Antonio

As I noted in my Mock Draft 3.0, pass-rusher Clay Matthewswill be 32 in May. Green Bay needs to find (and develop) his replacement.

McShay: Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa

Marcus Davenport is still a possibility here, but I think the Packers go with a tall, long CB in Jackson, who is a good fit in new defensive coordinator Mike Pettine's scheme.

15. Arizona Cardinals
Kiper: Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville

This is a change from my last 1-32 projection, when I went with quarterback Lamar Jackson. Now I'm going with his former teammate, who fills a big hole on the other side of Patrick Peterson.

McShay: Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville

Arizona needs a QB, but in this scenario the Cardinals can't get any of the top four guys. Alexander is a fast riser, according to people in the league, and could immediately compete for the No. 2 CB spot.

Derwin deserves better than playing for @Freddie.Cane squad :snoop: