The Official "Empire" Thread (New Show on Fox by Lee Daniels starring Terrance Howard)

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

song so fire!!
Lucious knows how to find the hits :wow:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/0...sie-smollett-and-estelles-conqueror-hits-no-4

Empire has its first big musical hit as Jussie Smollett and Estelle's 'Conqueror' hits No. 4 on iTunes
The FOX hit brings its golden touch to the iTunes charts.

BY ISABELLA BIEDENHARN@ISABELLA324

(Chuck Hodes/Fox)

Posted March 5 2015 — 2:04 PM EST

Empire’s reign knows no bounds. The Fox smash (and recent EW cover subject) has consistently broken ratings records, and now the show’s music is taking over the iTunes charts, with the song “Conqueror” nabbing the No. 4 slot and “You’re So Beautiful” holding down No. 11.

On last night’s battle cry of an episode, Jamal (Jussie Smollett) and Delphine (Estelle) debuted their shining, triumphant duet, “Conqueror,” and in the hours since the episode aired, the track has raced up the charts. It’s the highest any of the show’s tracks have reached thus far. (Though if we’re being frank here, “Conqueror” doesn’t have half the soul of earlier efforts like “Tell The Truth” and “No Apologies.” Still, a hit’s a hit.)

Close on “Conqueror’s” tail at is “You’re So Beautiful,” the Lucious Lyon redux-turned-coming-out anthem, which Jamal shocked the world with at last week’s White Party. The track was produced by Jim Beanz, and co-written by Beanz and Smollett. Last week, Smollettrevealed to EW that he has inked his own deal with Columbia Records—and by the looks of these charts, that signing was a no-brainer.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
All i know is i want to see what they are going to do when next season drops. They are going to have a tough time topping this season with all the drama and whatnot that has happened so far. I'm sure Lee Daniels has plenty more up his sleeve and here's to hoping Empire gets a long run tv.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
I been watching this show the entire time with no complaints this week was too got damn silly, even for this show. The show suffers because of it, and let's be reality, the show is entertaining but it's not A1 anything
Speak for yourself :pacspit:

What other show put faggy kids in trash cans huh answer me that answer me :damn:

Show is A1 :whew:

Every recap show should start with mal getting thrown in the trash can :mjlol:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Look at her y'all doing what we all did in the beginning taking the show too serious.

If you don't sit down and stop using logic :scust:

Show is A1 let it do what it do baby girl :ahh:
meh. fine line between over the top and corny. empire gets on the wrong side quite often

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
So the nikka who plays Jamal is actually gay :ohhh:

More power to him

VSELQ.gif

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
no homo to the "this the type of song that make a man love a man" being stuck in my head all day

i know i ain't the only one either :sas2:
:dahell:

Lee Daniels would be the fruit booty c00n who makes it seem like black fathers are the only ones who don't want their sons being gay :rudy:

Bout to start downloading this show rather than DVR so I don't give him ratings.
:scust: This! Lowkey, Lee Daniels pushing the gay agenda so hard on this show makes me want the show to flop after this season.