The Official "Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness" Thread

Daps
:ohhh:

This fixes a major issue I had with "No Way Home", and is something I hoped they would address.

So the spell itself wasn't an issue, and it wasn't Dr. Strange being incompetent.

The spell would probably normally be light work for Strange, as he admitted he used it before on Wong.

Fred.

That's not what I got from that. What I got is that, if He Who Remains was still in charge, then when Strange's spell got off course, the TVA would have stepped in and arrested him and Parker on the spot.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
For the run time of the movie itself, I’m not expecting a lot of cameos. That being said, I wonder if a directors cut of the movie will happen as a few reviews that I’ve seen mentioned there was quite a bit of footage left out

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That's not what I got from that. What I got is that, if He Who Remains was still in charge, then when Strange's spell got off course, the TVA would have stepped in and arrested him and Parker on the spot.

His exact words are "He Who Remains is gone, and that allowed a spell to go wrong."

In "NWH" Strange comments "this shouldn't even be possible", meaning what happened was completely unexpected.

I find it hard to believe the two are unrelated. :manny:

Fred.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
For the run time of the movie itself, I’m not expecting a lot of cameos. That being said, I wonder if a directors cut of the movie will happen as a few reviews that I’ve seen mentioned there was quite a bit of footage left out

How would they even know? They are basing this on rumors they heard? Bad way to go into a movie.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The reason people are saying footage was left out is they obviously read all the spoilers.

Which were never even confirmed.
If people expected a bunch of shyt because they listened to random people on the internet, and let that dictate how they receive the movie....:mjlol:

There was a whole detailed "synopsis" of "NWH" on Reddit which turned out to be 100% bullshyt. From a guy that claimed to be an insider.

I've seen a few leaks and spoilers, I have no idea what is true or not. I'm going in expected nothing. If I go in expecting Arcade to appear and fight Alpha Flight while Galactus chills in the background.....yeah. Of course I'm gonna be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

Fred.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The reason people are saying footage was left out is they obviously read all the spoilers.

Which were never even confirmed.
If people expected a bunch of shyt because they listened to random people on the internet, and let that dictate how they receive the movie....:mjlol:

There was a whole detailed "synopsis" of "NWH" on Reddit which turned out to be 100% bullshyt. From a guy that claimed to be an insider.

I've seen a few leaks and spoilers, I have no idea what is true or not. I'm going in expected nothing. If I go in expecting Arcade to appear and fight Alpha Flight while Galactus chills in the background.....yeah. Of course I'm gonna be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

Fred.
Supplying rumors about upcoming MCU shyt is a career for too many people online. And it's weird how many people want to know what is in a movie before seeing a movie. I like discussing theories on a more grand scale AFTER a MCU movie comes out to discuss the implications. I do not want to know specifics about any movie before seeing it.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
How would they even know? They are basing this on rumors they heard? Bad way to go into a movie.

Well one reviewer, Grace Randolph mentioned this specifically in her review of the movie. Other reviewers also mentioned that they sensed that some scenes were cut short or a bit disjointed at times. Kind of makes me wonder if the movie was about 20-30 minutes longer just how much more could’ve been added

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
So its looking like this going to land in the 70s on RT:jbhmm:
I've been thinking that this movie might end of doing too much too fast for some of these critics
Yeah man, the MCU is so big and being a continuous story for 28 movies and counting make it just a unique theatrical experience. If you are not into it and review these like you do every other movie you are kinda missing the point. This is just its own thing and while it may not measure up to other movies in a traditional sense it does within its own unique context.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Yeah man, the MCU is so big and being a continuous story for 28 movies and counting make it just a unique theatrical experience. If you are not into it and review these like you do every other movie you are kinda missing the point. This is just its own thing and while it may not measure up to other movies in a traditional sense it does within its own unique context.
Sorry breh, this comes off as spin. You'd be better served just saying not to put so much stock in Reviews & keep it moving.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Sorry breh, this comes off as spin. You'd be better served just saying not to put so much stock in Reviews & keep it moving.
No, I am not saying these traditional type movie reviewers have to like it or give it a positive review. I'm saying at this point these movies are just very different than regular ones.
For example Infinity War, I would say storytelling wise and not referring to any plot points from prior movies and judging as a singular movie it is disjointed and too many action sequences to actually establish a coherent story. BUT for people like us invested in all the movies that came before it and the implications it would have for End Game it was just naturally more enjoyable. We count all the build up in prior movies to enjoy the current one. A lot the story/plot was explained in previous movies, etc. so it wasn't necessary.
Basically, that movie did not consider the uninitiated like at all. You would have e a hard time enjoying it if you didn't see the precious movies. And it is even more out of wack than say 1 movie in a trilogy because even then they do try to make each somewhat self contained.