The Official "Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness" Thread

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
I hate when people are so negative because a movie didn't follow the comic enough, or the movie did go how they thought it would, or whatever reason to be negative. Folks have to remember first and foremost these are Superhero movies. A lot of shyt don't need to make sense. Why Strange ain't do this or why such and such ain't do that. Bro, it's a PG-13 Superhero movie. Plot devices are going to have to exist. Also a lot of irrational things that happen in Superhero movies can be applied to real life. Just watch any sports game and watch people shyt on a player for doing something that you think is irrational and stupid; forgetting the person actually performing the action is doing it in real time and may do some stupid ass shyt. Life ain't perfect.

Going on Reddit and looking at some of the discourse made me type this up.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I figured they were gonna make variant of Strange as the main villain

That would've been a better move

This was basically Wanda's movie

?

Letting wanda be the villain fresh off the warm reception of wandavision was a great move, and she killed it. What's the problem

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I hate when people are so negative because a movie didn't follow the comic enough, or the movie did go how they thought it would, or whatever reason to be negative. Folks have to remember first and foremost these are Superhero movies. A lot of shyt don't need to make sense. Why Strange ain't do this or why such and such ain't do that. Bro, it's a PG-13 Superhero movie. Plot devices are going to have to exist. Also a lot of irrational things that happen in Superhero movies can be applied to real life. Just watch any sports game and watch people shyt on a player for doing something that you think is irrational and stupid; forgetting the person actually performing the action is doing it in real time and may do some stupid ass shyt. Life ain't perfect.

True.

See, the thing is, I saw a movie for what a movie is. The Batman was a terrible ass movie and the ending was cringe af.

This movie was genuinely just really good but I do feel like they should've not released the illuminati in the trailers. That fukked it up because that was the only surprise. I actually like Krasinski as Reed but I feel like that was just fan service and they're still debating on recasting or using the cast they previously had.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

ReasonableMatic

Daps
“Open your EYE”

- The Ancient One (in Dr Strange 1)
AB3-F6-FC1-3821-4106-87-DF-5-A7146-ACFA2-F.gif

Dr Strange in Dr Strange 2
790-FA5-C7-3973-41-DA-ACB6-84576-ACF7288.jpg

8145548d523a52c0f609118530a7440d.jpg

Dr Strange opened his 3rd eye alright :wow:

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Lol@ you

What about that character resonated with you ?

She was a dope character. She's doing exactly what she does in the comics, punching her way through multiversal realities. This movie was more of a origin story for her and she doesn't fully develop her powers until the final fight, then we see her acting as a apprentice to dr strange. This movie was supposed to be out before NWH, she was supposed to team up with Ned and MJ to find peter and reveal tobey and Andrew via her newly acquired powers she learns from strange

She's serving her purpose, she's like the 5th or so "Young Avenger" we've been introduced to so far in this phase alone so this isnt a one and done we will see her again more developed then she was here. Nothing about her was wasted

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
A Kang variant should've been the villain in this

Or even that What If version of Ultron
What If ...nailed it

They dropped numerous balls throughout this movie

If they were gonna do cheap fan service cameos then give me 4 mins of Tom Cruise as Superior Iron Man (for example) and that's better than MR fantastic showing up just to get shredded

Or Patrick Stewart reprising his role as useless bish Xavier from the 90s cartoon

It could've been amazing and it's more like 5.5/10

That would've been a clusterfukk and terrible writing. I'm actually glad they didn't listen to us and kept it simple. They'll add Kang and the other characters later.