Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I thing aquaman will suffer because of the damn long wait... movie gonna be 2 years old when it drops and with DC having no real momentum and box office presence ... it might suffer

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Is it really? Disney has no major movies slated for Q4 (aside from Mary Poppins and Wreck-It-Ralph 2), and the rest of the movies that month are either Oscar bait or movies that aren't guaranteed to do very well.

At least two of Bumblebee, Alita: Battle Angel and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse are going to under-perform, and at least one of them will be a flop.
Yeah, Spider-Verse is December 14th. The next week on the 21st is Alita, Aquaman and Bumblebee all on the same weekend. Then 4 days later you got Mary Poppins.

The only flop I can see is Alita but it will still take away box office from other movies.

Spider-Verse recent trailer has been well received and it can bring in a new audience with the focus on new characters and the art style.

Bumblebee is in a similar situation like Aquaman since it’s coming off of the previous transformers movies but it might turn out to not be terrible and get good reviews. 80’s nostalgia, no Michael Bay, cleaner designs and smaller budget.

Then you got Mary Poppins which has like 50+ years of nostalgia, plus it’s a musical and we saw how Greatest Showman made bank last year.

Bottom line is all of these movies in December are going to disrupt each other at the box office.

Outside of Alita, I don’t think any of them will outright flop/bomb. They would do better with more breathing room is all I’m saying.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Mortal engines and Holmes and Watson also drop within the same two week time frame on top of allita,aquaman,Mary poppins,bumblebee and spider man.

That’s a lot of movies to split audiences up and fight for theatre screens. WB should move the film. That’s a bloodbath.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Yeah I didn’t even mention Mortal Engines and I forgot that Sherlock movie even existed.

Movies are expensive and people don’t have unlimited money.

I’ll be there for Aquaman and Spider-Verse for sure. Might check out Alita and Bumblebee.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Now that the merger is through I expect we will be getting more clarity on stuff soon.

I’ve read that the merger had been holding up certain things so we shall see.We need answers at comic con

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Warner Bros. Shifts DC Strategy Amid Executive Change-Up
RNYKJCO.jpg

How many Joker movies are too many? That's one question that Walter Hamada, named president of DC Entertainment-based film production at Warner Bros. in January, needs to figure out.

With the recent departures at DC — the studio said June 6 that Diane Nelson, who's been on leave, is not returning as president, and The Hollywood Reporter revealed June 11 that top exec Geoff Johns is moving into a producing pact — Hamada is even more firmly in charge of the film reins.

The exec, who successfully oversaw the Conjuring movies at New Line, inherited a slate in disarray and has quietly spent months sorting through projects. "He walked into a shytshow, and he's trying to clean it up," says one insider familiar with the scene.

In the wake of Wonder Woman's surprise $821.8 million worldwide gross and Justice League's disappointing $657.9 million last year, Warners' DC plans needed a reset. According to insiders, Hamada has spent months going over the projects in development, culling certain ones, elevating others, keeping an eye on the big marquee heroes while also developing lesser-known characters that could pop big. This year, there's only one DC movie on the schedule — Aquaman, James Wan's take on the hero that stars Jason Momoa and opens Dec. 21.

Next year there will be two: Shazam!, starring Zachary Levi, and Wonder Woman 2, which begins shooting June 13. Then there are two potential Joker features — one to star Jared Leto, who played the character in 2016's Suicide Squad, and another, starring Joaquin Phoenix, that Todd Phillips will direct. Phillips' movie, expected to begin shooting in the fall, is budgeted at about $55 million, a fraction of most superhero pics, and may be launched under a new label that could be branded with a name like "DC Dark" or "DC Black."

But the other DC movies are leaving behind the dark and brooding palette. The Flash, which will finally begin production in early 2019 with Ezra Miller starring, has abandoned the somber themes it had been expected to tackle. The film now has the Game Night team of John Francis Daly and Jonathan Goldstein on board, and it's looking to Back to the Future as a touchstone. Margot Robbie, who brought a manic energy to Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad, figures in the female-centric Birds of Prey, a Quinn spinoff film that is moving along with Sundance filmmaker Cathy Yan attached to direct. Meanwhile, a Batgirl movie, which had been in development with Joss Whedon before losing the director in February, is currently on track with Bumblebee screenwriter Christina Hodson penning a script.

The big question mark going forward is the future of Batman. Writer-director Matt Reeves turned in the first act of a new screenplay during the Memorial Day weekend. It's said to focus on a young caped crusader, and while the studio would not comment, it's unlikely that Ben Affleck, who has played Batman in three features, will again don the cowl.

Whatever Hamada does, the upcoming plans come as a federal judge on Tuesday approved AT&T’s acquisition of Time Warner, the parent company of both Warner Bros. and DC. One thing the exec will not be doing is convening a writers room, say insiders. Certain studios have taken that tack, such as Paramount and Hasbro with their toy-based properties, Universal with its monster universe, and Legendary with its creature features.

“Walter is philosophically opposed to that approach," says one insider.

Hamada and his boss Toby Emmerich, sources say, also are not looking to date upcoming titles in advance, something they're convinced has bedeviled the DC movies since 2013's Man of Steel. "Walter has a specific design for the universe," says one insider familiar with his thinking. "He has a plan."

Warner Bros. Shifts DC Strategy Amid Executive Change-Up

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Man I watched Justice League for the 1st time yesterday, and it was really underwhelming. Wasnt horrible but it was only OK :ld:
Should have picked a better villain, or at least gave that nikka a scene or 2 more. Like who is this nikka.
How Aquaman get that work in water but was dominating in the air. :gucci:
And what was up with the cgi? Looked weird and lit wrong in some scenes.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Baby Goat Wan gonna restore the feeling with Aquaman

i think they should move the film up by 2 weeks.. there's too much competition in December..

AquaGAWD will be the better film by far, judging off the recent set pics and leaked merchandise outfits.. plus has Wan had any flops ?? NO

son is a critic darling, so guarantee the film will do well review wise..