David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
You think they should reboot it now :patrice:

Yes, especially if they are currently budgeted at 250 mil production for wonder woman.
They have a fractured toxic brand.

They might be able to relaunch around suicide squad, but I have my doubts on that movie as well.

Close shop, scrap management, relaunch DC Films as a real seperate Studio under WB with an actual plan of films and hard budgets.
No more than 45 mil budgets on all the first phase movies excluding a Batfleck film, since he is the only one with positive reaction. He gets a budget no more than 100 mil.
Relaunch and organically build this thing right.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, especially if they are currently budgeted at 250 mil production for wonder woman.
They have a fractured toxic brand.

They might be able to relaunch around suicide squad, but I have my doubts on that movie as well.

Close shop, scrap management, relaunch DC Films as a real seperate Studio under WB with an actual plan of films and hard budgets.
No more than 45 mil budgets on all the first phase movies excluding a Batfleck film, since he is the only one with positive reaction. He gets a budget no more than 100 mil.
Relaunch and organically build this thing right.
Wonder Woman has got a positive reaction even from the people who hated BvS. No need rebooting lol.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Wonder Woman has got a positive reaction even from the people who hated BvS. No need rebooting lol.
Wonder Woman didn't get 250 mil worth of positive reaction and she wasn't really in the movie enough to get any good reading from it.
At best you might be able to keep her and simply push it back and see if she wants to hang on, but 250 mil will ensure the movie is a flop and money loser even if it is alright.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wonder Woman didn't get 250 mil worth of positive reaction and she wasn't really in the movie enough to get any good reading from it.
At best you might be able to keep her and simply push it back and see if she wants to hang on, but 250 mil will ensure the movie is a flop and money loser even if it is alright.
Push back Wonder Woman? I think that would cause a feminist backlash WB doesn't need.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk feminist backlash, they aren't the main buyers of tickets and it was a terrible decision to ever okay a 200+ mil budget for that movie
Main buyers are causals. At least in my area I see an equal or near equal amount of women movie goers whenever I go see a comic book based movie. Many of those women (as well as men) were digging Wonder Woman and are looking forward to her movie next year.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Main buyers are causals. At least in my area I see an equal or near equal amount of women movie goers whenever I go see a comic book based movie. Many of those women (as well as men) were digging Wonder Woman and are looking forward to her movie next year.

Its not about your area though, its about the risk of launching a traditionally underselling property with a budget of an established franchise when it isn't one and is directly tied to a movie that could possibly be a major flop.

Like I said no reason to fall into the sunken cost trap

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its not about your area though, its about the risk of launching a traditionally underselling property with a budget of an established franchise when it isn't one and is directly tied to a movie that could possibly be a major flop.

Like I said no reason to fall into the sunken cost trap
Honestly you are the only person against this Wonder Woman film dropping next year. People are ready for it and if the critics don't slam it the film going to do numbers.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Honestly you are the only person against this Wonder Woman film dropping next year. People are ready for it and if the critics don't slam it the film going to do numbers.
You know the odds of that movie getting 200+ mil production budget adding 150+ mil to the advertising and thinking its going to turn a profit, when that same property has never been huge?

Its not about how you feel its about business sense, its a unneccessary risk and its a build up to something that needs to be scrapped because its fundamentally tarnished from the get go.

Makes no sense to proceed along the current track with the current fundamental problems in place.
Fall back, repair and then proceed with better money management and a solid plan, than this rushing to equal marvel shyt they are doing now.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know the odds of that movie getting 200+ mil production budget adding 150+ mil to the advertising and thinking its going to turn a profit, when that same property has never been huge?

Its not about how you feel its about business sense, its a unneccessary risk and its a build up to something that needs to be scrapped because its fundamentally tarnished from the get go.

Makes no sense to proceed along the current track with the current fundamental problems in place.
Fall back, repair and then proceed with better money management and a solid plan, than this rushing to equal marvel shyt they are doing now.
:what: If that's what they want to spend let them do it. If the movie gets good reviews they going to do numbers at the box office + Wonder Woman merchandise. They taking a gamble and I'm sure they learned from BvS, so if they have to do re-shoots or whatever they'll do it.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
:what: If that's what they want to spend let them do it. If the movie gets good reviews they going to do numbers at the box office + Wonder Woman merchandise. They taking a gamble and I'm sure they learned from BvS, so if they have to do re-shoots or whatever they'll do it.

If it fails they will have to kill everything and re do it, my logic is why wait..
You have a terrible foundation in which this DCEU is based with shytty MoS, BvS is going to flop, and the notion that a movie like WW with no established director, no established star, a weak property, is going to some how get over 600 million when Captain America and iron Man first outings never broke 600 mil and were stronger properties and in the case of Iron man actually had a star (fallen at that time but a star none the less).

The writing is on the wall.
Either DC can stop it now and set about fixing things or they will waste a lot of money and end up reseting later and being less likely to put out film versions of their properties while they wait.