2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If it fails they will have to kill everything and re do it, my logic is why wait..
You have a terrible foundation in which this DCEU is based with shytty MoS, BvS is going to flop, and the notion that a movie like WW with no established director, no established star, a weak property, is going to some how get over 600 million when Captain America and iron Man first outings never broke 600 mil and were stronger properties and in the case of Iron man actually had a star (fallen at that time but a star none the less).

The writing is on the wall.
Either DC can stop it now and set about fixing things or they will waste a lot of money and end up reseting later and being less likely to put out film versions of their properties while they wait.
Who is to say a reboot will have a positive reaction
Man of Steel got mixed reviews
Batman vs Superman got mixed reviews
People are still hyped for Suicide Squad
People are hyped for Wonder Woman

They arent going to throw away money with shelving Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman, so you'll just have to get over it :yeshrug:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Who is to say a reboot will have a positive reaction
Man of Steel got mixed reviews
Batman vs Superman got mixed reviews
People are still hyped for Suicide Squad
People are hyped for Wonder Woman

They arent going to throw away money with shelving Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman, so you'll just have to get over it :yeshrug:

Didn't say it would have a positive reaction, I said either way it would be more financially sound than the risks and failures they are setting themselves up for now.
MoS barely broke even, if I remember correctly it was the home market that really got it out of the red. That is terrible for the property.
BvS is looking like it might need the home market to get it to break even as well, it has shown to have no legs and a very negative word of mouth leading to what a 70% drop in week 2.

SS has to come out before we can comment, but its already got a tough hill to go as well with its budget being 250 mil without advertising, so we don't know if that will be the success anyone thinks it will be.
People being hyped for WW is irrlevant to any argument I've made.

Atleast try to keep up.

SS is done, its in post from what I hear, that said if its successful you might be able to do what I said earlier and build around that and reintegrate larger DCU through the SS and Batman angle.

WW though they still have a chance, and if I'm the suits at WB for the greater good I tell them we need to cut that budget in half right now or push it back until a later date.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't say it would have a positive reaction, I said either way it would be more financially sound than the risks and failures they are setting themselves up for now.
MoS barely broke even, if I remember correctly it was the home market that really got it out of the red. That is terrible for the property.
BvS is looking like it might need the home market to get it to break even as well, it has shown to have no legs and a very negative word of mouth leading to what a 70% drop in week 2.

SS has to come out before we can comment, but its already got a tough hill to go as well with its budget being 250 mil without advertising, so we don't know if that will be the success anyone thinks it will be.
People being hyped for WW is irrlevant to any argument I've made.

Atleast try to keep up.

SS is done, its in post from what I hear, that said if its successful you might be able to do what I said earlier and build around that and reintegrate larger DCU through the SS and Batman angle.

WW though they still have a chance, and if I'm the suits at WB for the greater good I tell them we need to cut that budget in half right now or push it back until a later date.
They arent going to reboot if SS and WW are a success. They'll just keep moving forward. Rebooting Superman would be pointless and a waste of money

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
They arent going to reboot if SS and WW are a success. They'll just keep moving forward. Rebooting Superman would be pointless and a waste of money
They aren't rebooting if BvS is a success.

We don't know the future, the point is that with the budgets they have set a bar so high in return that they are pratcially writing a check for guaranteed failures.
do you understand that point?

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They aren't rebooting if BvS is a success.

We don't know the future, the point is that with the budgets they have set a bar so high in return that they are pratcially writing a check for guaranteed failures.
do you understand that point?
You are saying they should start over which will cost more money. If I'm not mistaken they two in filming and three complete. They just need to make sure the next release are received better than MoS and BvS by the critics, which they are already doing.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
You are saying they should start over which will cost more money. If I'm not mistaken they two in filming and three complete. They just need to make sure the next release are received better than MoS and BvS by the critics, which they are already doing.

Do you have problems reading and comprehending english?
Seriously, if english isn't your first language I'll try to type differently for you here on out.

That said, not I didn't say they should start over which will cost more money.
I specifically said they should delay or cancel the other projects, which if budgeting is consistant is costing them damn near 200+ mil a movie, reorganize with a hard 45 mil cap on the first movies being launched with only a 100+ mil allowance for established successful film franchises like Batman.

As for the filming, there is a real possibility that simply because of the cost of the films even if they were good on their own with no bagagge would have problems breaking even, it is because of this that they have hampered themselves because it can quickly snowball into something worse for WB. Convservative estimates of BvS have it at 400 mil production costs with print and advertising, it is most likely not hitting the money mark worldwide, MoS was already weak WW box office, now you have two franchises starting off with 250+ budgets and they most likely aren't going to hit their expectations, both movies gonna have to hit probably 600 mil minimum worldwide to breakeven and they are tied to the toxic BvS. This is a bad possesion to work off going forward. Do you understand that?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
fukk what you heard its still going down :blessed:

uGC6zUp.gif