satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Deep ellum

Uptown or Drop Ellum.

shyt uptown, deep Ellum, or las colinas, Weigh your options. Uptown and deep ellum is where it's at, las colinas is a easy commute to the job. All nice areas.

Yo seeing how important access to DART rail is important to @666 ReVeNGe 666 makes me realize how fukked up it is that the southern suburbs & Mesquite/Balch Springs don't have DART service. Them places are gonna get left behind.

EDIT:

A reminder of the positive effect of having a DART rail station in Farmers Branch has had:

Economy Booming Around DART Station In Farmer's Branch

Last edited:

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Yo seeing how important access to DART rail is important to @666 ReVeNGe 666 makes me realize how fukked up it is that the southern suburbs & Mesquite/Balch Springs don't have DART service. Them places are gonna get left behind.
I just think it would be cool if people visit and I don't live directly in the downtown area we can just hop on the train and go down there

Rent is a little cheaper for a two-bedroom in Las Colinas compared to Uptown or Deep Ellum and I kind of don't like having a long commute to work.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I just think it would be cool if people visit and I don't live directly in the downtown area we can just hop on the train and go down there

Rent is a little cheaper for a two-bedroom in Las Colinas compared to Uptown or Deep Ellum and I kind of don't like having a long commute to work.
Get something more along east Las Colinas as opposed to West, which is Lake Carolyn. Las Colinas actually borders Dallas, so go East. You might also take a look at living in Northwest dallas and driving into Las Colinas. The traffic probably won't be all that bad since most of the traffic will be going from Las Colinas to Dallas. Where exactly is your job? You don't have to give a specific address or anything, but is it more east or west LC?

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Get something more along east Las Colinas as opposed to West, which is Lake Carolyn. Las Colinas actually borders Dallas, so go East. You might also take a look at living in Northeast dallas and driving into Las Colinas. The traffic probably won't be all that bad since most of the traffic will be going from Las Colinas to Dallas. Where exactly is your job? You don't have to give a specific address or anything, but is it more east or west LC?
It is near the Irving Convention Center.

I am actually going down for 2 weeks next month to help out the new office so I will actually be able to get to explore and see if I like the area before accepting the job.

Anyone wanna show me around :lupe:

Whats East las colinas?

I need more details because I'm just using general searches on apartment websites

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
It is near the Irving Convention Center.

I am actually going down for 2 weeks next month to help out the new office so I will actually be able to get to explore and see if I like the area before accepting the job.

Anyone wanna show me around :lupe:

Whats East las colinas?

I need more details because I'm just using general searches on apartment websites
Actually, looking at the map, I'm mistaken. Lake Carolyn is actually a bit to the east, and east of that convention center. If your job is around the convention center, get something inbetween uptown and the convention center. I don't know any actual apartments because I haven't really looked in that area but any apartment finder should give you enough results. I'm not sure why it said the train ride is 45 minutes. That looks like a 20 minute drive to me with no traffic. Get something inbetweeen and you should be alright

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I'd say just go ahead and get an apt off lake Carolyn. 114 turn into 35 and will take you straight into uptown, the drive ain't bad at all. There aren't really any "upscale" apts off 114/35 in between las colinas and downtown. It's actually pretty shytty in between.

Yeah, honestly, that'd probably be the best idea. Lake Carolyn looks to be only about 20 something minutes away from Uptown... He'd be very close to his job and only about a 20 minute drive from uptown

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Actually, looking at the map, I'm mistaken. Lake Carolyn is actually a bit to the east, and east of that convention center. If your job is around the convention center, get something inbetween uptown and the convention center. I don't know any actual apartments because I haven't really looked in that area but any apartment finder should give you enough results. I'm not sure why it said the train ride is 45 minutes. That looks like a 20 minute drive to me with no traffic. Get something inbetweeen and you should be alright

I'd say just go ahead and get an apt off lake Carolyn. 114 turn into 35 and will take you straight into uptown, the drive ain't bad at all. There aren't really any "upscale" apts off 114/35 in between las colinas and downtown. It's actually pretty shytty in between.

Yeah, honestly, that'd probably be the best idea. Lake Carolyn looks to be only about 20 something minutes away from Uptown... He'd be very close to his job and only about a 20 minute drive from uptown

Thank you so much

I actually narrowed it down to six places I'm going to look at next month

I need to start reading these reviews because they are scaring me but I know people usually leave reviews when they are super angry so I am trying to ignore them