Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

only from a couple of years ago when the West Dallas redevelopment started. Didn't realize this dude was bossin it up like that. He must be paying the right people at City Hall to leave him alone. Interesting Stringer Bell situation. If he's really legit, he will be a billionaire from the gentrification(but the feds will be on his a$$) If he's shady, city hall will leave him alone as long as he's doing what he's doing and he doesn't get in the way of say Trammell Crow or Hillwood.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Council member Adam McGough is tired of drivers getting hurt at one Dallas intersection.

:patrice: Brehs are they low-key hinting at gentrification in Northeast Dallas/Lake Highlands in this video? Forest Lane/Audelia Road intersection is just down the street from the intersection in this video.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:patrice: Brehs are they low-key hinting at gentrification in Northeast Dallas/Lake Highlands in this video? Forest Lane/Audelia Road intersection is just down the street from the intersection in this video.

They've been talking about that for like 10 years. There have been some tear downs with high priced single family homes replacing them very slowly. The Lake Highlands towncenter at Walnut Hill and Skillman tore down a lot of apartments and have only managed to get one new complex built, though they just signed a grocery store, so that might take off now. There was going to be a huge deal @ Skillman/LBJ near the train station. I'm talking tearing down almost every apartment from From Forest to all the way to the DART station and building a huge office and residential project like they are starting at Valley View right now. The whole interchange and overpass there was going to be reconstructed. The financial crisis in 2008 killed that. Most don't know how close the nawf was to not existing anymore. They were having meetings and taking territory. Lots of talk about joining Lakewood and Forest Hills in creating a White Rock ISD. They were trying to get council and school board people in place in Richardson and DISD to properly exit those neighborhoods from those ISDs. They also passed a lot of strict code ordinances in order to seize properties to tear them down if they didn't see fit. You had a lot of mysterious apartment fires just so happening in these areas. Yes I'm going conspiracy theory because I know this was going down(not the fires, LOL, but the other stuff). Some of this is still happening a little, but not to the extent it was in 07/08 when it looked like this was imminent. They were trying to get 5-points too over off Park and Skillman. They had a whole plan to tear through there all the way from NW Highway to Park. The area they(Lake Highlands Home Owners Association) had the most extensive progress was on what they called Midtown which is over there behind Presby between the DART tracks and Greenville around Meadows up to Royal. They got as far as tearing that whole area down. I was dating a girl over there then, and we had to move her out before they tore down that entire neighborhood, school and all. They've built a new school since then and then the project sat blank until the last couple of years. Now that whole area is a huge construction site. Kinda crazy that all those people are gone and it will be replaced by high priced townhomes and apartments. There were thousands of units there. Thousands going up.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

They've been talking about that for like 10 years. There have been some tear downs with high priced single family homes replacing them very slowly. The Lake Highlands towncenter at Walnut Hill and Skillman tore down a lot of apartments and have only managed to get one new complex built, though they just signed a grocery store, so that might take off now. There was going to be a huge deal @ Skillman/LBJ near the train station. I'm talking tearing down almost every apartment from From Forest to all the way to the DART station and building a huge office and residential project like they are starting at Valley View right now. The whole interchange and overpass there was going to be reconstructed. The financial crisis in 2008 killed that. Most don't know how close the nawf was to not existing anymore. They were having meetings and taking territory. Lots of talk about joining Lakewood and Forest Hills in creating a White Rock ISD. They were trying to get council and school board people in place in Richardson and DISD to properly exit those neighborhoods from those ISDs. They also passed a lot of strict code ordinances in order to seize properties to tear them down if they didn't see fit. You had a lot of mysterious apartment fires just so happening in these areas. Yes I'm going conspiracy theory because I know this was going down(not the fires, LOL, but the other stuff). Some of this is still happening a little, but not to the extent it was in 07/08 when it looked like this was imminent. They were trying to get 5-points too over off Park and Skillman. They had a whole plan to tear through there all the way from NW Highway to Park. The area they(Lake Highlands Home Owners Association) had the most extensive progress was on what they called Midtown which is over there behind Presby between the DART tracks and Greenville around Meadows up to Royal. They got as far as tearing that whole area down. I was dating a girl over there then, and we had to move her out before they tore down that entire neighborhood, school and all. They've built a new school since then and then the project sat blank until the last couple of years. Now that whole area is a huge construction site. Kinda crazy that all those people are gone and it will be replaced by high priced townhomes and apartments. There were thousands of units there. Thousands going up.

:ohhh: Where were they planning on moving these people to?

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The burbs where the rents are cheaper is where people went when they tore down that area along Meadow, which was about as big. There will certainly be a recalibration of areas we know.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Garland, Mesquite, Carrollton, GP, East Plano. Any of the post WWII areas that were built on straight up suburban principals of use exclusivity. There is no land value pressure and the initial housing was cheaper, so you're left with cheaper apts and houses. No different than what happened in those areas of Dallas specifically. Its textbook urbanism. The inner-city land values eventually have too much pricing pressure to hold onto cheaper priced housing and the post WWII suburbs usually end up as the poorest parts of a given metro area. Newer suburbs try to build more nodally to avoid that, so you see your Southlake Town Centers, Las Colinases and Legacies along with higher priced homes. Its an attempt at city-like sustainability. So if Dallas continues to grow, this cat is out of the bag now. Some areas are going to see massive demographic shifts or some areas wiped out and rebuilt. That's what Uptown is. My neighborhood is already headed there.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
The burbs where the rents are cheaper is where people went when they tore down that area along Meadow, which was about as big. There will certainly be a recalibration of areas we know.
:patrice: Which burbs specifically?

Garland, Mesquite, Carrollton, GP, East Plano. Any of the post WWII areas that were built on straight up suburban principals of use exclusivity. There is no land value pressure and the initial housing was cheaper, so you're left with cheaper apts and houses. No different than what happened in those areas of Dallas specifically. Its textbook urbanism. The inner-city land values eventually have too much pricing pressure to hold onto cheaper priced housing and the post WWII suburbs usually end up as the poorest parts of a given metro area. Newer suburbs try to build more nodally to avoid that, so you see your Southlake Town Centers, Las Colinases and Legacies along with higher priced homes. Its an attempt at city-like sustainability. So if Dallas continues to grow, this cat is out of the bag now. Some areas are going to see massive demographic shifts or some areas wiped out and rebuilt. That's what Uptown is. My neighborhood is already headed there.

:whoa: I don't really want these Lake Highlands/Nawf Dallas dusty hood nikkas coming to Garland, Richardson, & Mesquite. An East Garland breh I played football with in High School & Middle School just got killed out there this past summer. I used to live not far from Forest/Audelia when I was a kid back in the '90s, so I'm kinda shook reading about all of the shootings going on out there.