The Official Dallas,TX DFW Metroplex Thread

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whoa: I don't really want these Lake Highlands/Nawf Dallas dusty hood nikkas coming to Garland, Richardson, & Mesquite. An East Garland breh I played football with in High School & Middle School just got killed out there this past summer. I used to live not far from Forest/Audelia when I was a kid back in the '90s, so I'm kinda shook reading about all of the shootings going on out there.

Its already happening but the crime rates stay the same. Conditions aren't the same. Demographics are different. Environment is different.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
only from a couple of years ago when the West Dallas redevelopment started. Didn't realize this dude was bossin it up like that. He must be paying the right people at City Hall to leave him alone. Interesting Stringer Bell situation. If he's really legit, he will be a billionaire from the gentrification(but the feds will be on his a$$) If he's shady, city hall will leave him alone as long as he's doing what he's doing and he doesn't get in the way of say Trammell Crow or Hillwood.
on the cool once u get ya foot in the door at any construction job in dallas...u already got it made...dont matter if u framing..or just diggin ditches..all u gotta do is learn watch and show up

u will learn the ends and outs be4 the summer is over with..

stack ya bread..next summer get u a small crew

i learned over the summers when i was a teen ..n did construction with my cousins n their uncles.. mexicans got a pipeline deep in the constructions business in dallas

i seen ese's go from diggin ditches...that didnt know a lick of english...this when they was cleanin up parts of south dallas..

to havin their own crew down small contract jobs with dart...

u will learn early to get ya paper work n permits right..because dallas is a cuttthroat city when it comes to inspections

have ya shyt right..u will have no problems...

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My pops and I had a contracting business for a while. It was like a minefield dealin with the city until we finally got a job, then we were in there for a while workin on mains and pump work. They need to watch the quality control. I appreciate the ability to get your peoples in the door, but whoever they are using to patch streets in East Dallas was just plain bad for a while to the point they actually rebuilt our part of Munger with actual concrete. Then they did Fitzhugh. Then they patched our street with actual concrete when they did the gas line. I noticed they were from Houston. Somebody lost that contract.

I just meant as far as developing land goes. There are a few big dogs in Dallas that will push everyone the hell out the way and use everyone else to do what they want. To see such a big landowner outside of that circle is unusual. Have seen them even push white guys from outside the area outside of the land gathering business. That's truly the only way to prevent the gentrification of your area, but they have to be offering big money at some point if that area keeps developing. If he gets past that initial push, they will be on his ass about every little thing like they did in Lake Highlands till the owners cash out. That's the more interesting part to watch for I think.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
My pops and I had a contracting business for a while. It was like a minefield dealin with the city until we finally got a job, then we were in there for a while workin on mains and pump work. They need to watch the quality control. I appreciate the ability to get your peoples in the door, but whoever they are using to patch streets in East Dallas was just plain bad for a while to the point they actually rebuilt our part of Munger with actual concrete. Then they did Fitzhugh. Then they patched our street with actual concrete when they did the gas line. I noticed they were from Houston. Somebody lost that contract.
whomever they were using was using cheap product...aint no way in hell those streets in east dallas was suppose to be like that...

last time i was in east dallas..i swore to god i thought i was in tacoma wa..tacoma got some fukked up streets..n its hard patchin due to how often it rain..n majority of the area with fukked off streets are always at the bottom of hills

2007-09 was horrible in the area i was at pt ruston...try to hit the lobster shop for a cranberry turkery sandwich in the spring..fukk off 24in rims bearings and everything...

its was tunnel at the end of that waterfront...that leads to pearl st n the tacoma zoo...man soon as u get near it..u swear ya shyt had hydraulics...

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

The distinct neighborhoods that grew up around downtown Dallas in the decades following the turn of the century and helped to create the city's unique character are the focus this KERA production. "Big D Back When" combines archival film footage, still photos and interviews with a wide range of Dallasites to create a portrait of the past that offers fascinating insights about how Dallas has evolved. Among the neighborhoods featured in "Big D: Back When" are Little Jerusalem -- which later became Little Mexico -- Deep Ellum, the Thomas and Hall community now known as State-Thomas, Old South Dallas and Oak Cliff -- a separate city until it was annexed by Dallas in the early years of the century. The program also highlights La Reunion, a short-lived utopian colony along the Trinity that was settled by European immigrants. For new Dallasites and longtime residents alike, "Big D: Back When" offers an entertaining and informative look at how early neighborhoods grew up and changed in relation to downtown, the river and the railroads. Most of all, however, this is the fascinating story of the people themselves, the pioneers, the visionaries and the families who made something special out of Big D -- back when.