The Official Dallas,TX DFW Metroplex Thread

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
Well, help a nikka out...where would you suggest based on the information I provided in my last post (work located in the middle of FW and wanna play in Dallas)?

Idk really. I stay on the border of GP and Arlington....neither city is too far for me. Grapevine and the other cities you named are full of Cacs though

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Idk really. I stay on the border of GP and Arlington....neither city is too far for me. Grapevine and the other cities you named are full of Cacs though

How is GP? Is it also full of cacs?

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
How is GP? Is it also full of cacs?

Nah.

Minorities pretty much outnumber cacs here....they're only like 30 percent of the population. But it also depends on the part of GP you live in. Where I live there are plenty of black people.....I only have like 1 or 2 white neighbors. But in rich places like Mira Lagos (which really should be Mansfield) it's pretty much all Cacs. The border lines for the cities are weird as hell too. You can be deep in Arlington and then see a sign that says welcome to GP :mindblown:

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
What if you get a job in downtown Fort Worth TX but you want to live in the mid-cities so that you can be in striking distance of Fort Worth AND Dallas?

Where would my Dallas brehs recommend for a nikka to live, enjoy the nightlife/bar scene, and meet some women? Euless? Hurst? Grapevine?

Or should a nikka just move to North Dallas and take the L commuting to Fort Worth daily?

@Turk3 @jadillac @dtownreppin214 and anybody else...
Arlington or Grand Prairie

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
:wow:
The city of Dallas has spent nearly $610 million on work related to the Trinity River corridor project, according to a city document sent to Mayor Mike Rawlings and the Dallas City Council late Friday.

Assistant City Manager Mark McDaniel also posted the document on the city’s corridor project website.

That number includes completed projects, such as the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge, trails in the Great Trinity Forest, the Texas Horse Park, pump stations along the levees, and the Trinity Audubon Center; those in the works, such as lakes; and those still being debated — namely the Trinity River toll road.

The figure includes only money raised in the city’s 1998, 2003, 2006 and 2012 bond programs as well as grants and private money that came to the city, said Sarah Standifer, interim director of the city’s Trinity Watershed Management, which oversees the Trinity project.

But the amount does not include money spent by the Texas Department of Transportation, the Army Corps of Engineers or other partners that have helped fund Trinity-related projects, most involving transportation and flood control.

“In addition to the city’s bond funds,” McDaniel wrote, “our partners have provided over $1 billion in funding for projects that have been completed or are underway.”

Of that $1 billion, an $800 million chunk is being spent by TxDOT on the Horseshoe project to rebuild the Interstate 30 bridge over the river.

At least one council member wishes the expenditures by partners had been included in the spreadsheet sent to the council.

“I have high confidence in Mark McDaniel,” Philip Kingston said. But “the numbers don’t add up.”

For instance, the document says $46,611,330 in bond, grant and private funding has been spent to date on the Hill Bridge. But that’s far from a complete number. According to an accounting provided by TxDOT to The Dallas Morning News in February, the first of two Calatrava bridges over the Trinity River actually cost $182 million. TxDOT spent nearly $47 million just to acquire land.

“We don’t have a total accounting of what’s been done,” Standifer said. “We’ve allowed everyone to keep their own data. If it’s city money or money that came to the city in a council resolution, we have to have an accounting of it.”

The city still has about $89 million in bond money, grants and private donations in reserve for various projects.

More than half of that is for the Trinity Parkway toll road ($36 million) and lakes ($11 million). However, the council could vote to shift that money elsewhere, Standifer said.

“Things could change, as with any policy decision,” she said.

The unspent money also includes $12 million left for Elm Fork flood protection-related items, although the council recently voted to reallocate some of that money toward finishing maintenance trails south of downtown with a match from the corps.

Several long-needed flood control projects are not yet funded — the Trinity Portland Pump Station in West Dallas and the Lamar and Cadillac Heights levees south of downtown, for example. The city also needs to rebuild the Charlie Pump Station and update the Delta Pump Station near the Hampton Avenue Bridge; both stations are 83 years old.

Council member Jennifer Staubach Gates asked for a detailed breakdown of corridor project expenditures in large part, she said, to show people complaining about $900 million in street-repair needs that the city isn’t actually sinking an enormous amount of money into the Trinity Parkway.

“Everyone has been asking: ‘What is the city’s contribution toward the road? We have all this money to spend. Why don’t we spend it on streets?’” Gates said. “The reality is that money has been allocated toward that road because it’s meant for that one road, and it’s not much — $36 million — with the North Texas Tollway Authority or TxDOT or whoever picking up the rest.”

Gates said she’s concerned about the proposed park and recreational amenities in the floodway.

“There’s not a lot of money we haven’t spent if you go through those numbers,” she said. “The private sector will start contributing, but how are we going to pay to maintain that parkland?”

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nah.

Minorities pretty much outnumber cacs here....they're only like 30 percent of the population. But it also depends on the part of GP you live in. Where I live there are plenty of black people.....I only have like 1 or 2 white neighbors. But in rich places like Mira Lagos (which really should be Mansfield) it's pretty much all Cacs. The border lines for the cities are weird as hell too. You can be deep in Arlington and then see a sign that says welcome to GP :mindblown:
Man ain't that the truth.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will be back in the Triple D at the end of July for my birthday. :blessed:

What clubs are poppin now of days. Last time, I went to Beamers and it have turned ratchet. I miss the old Club Che and Cirque(Blue) days. :ohlawd:

Texas2step

H-Town it's NOT our year
Daps
Im new to the Dallas area, :damn: how the fukk yall don't have a H.E.B. down here? :mindblown: Where do yall shop to get groceries? I just went to a store called Aldi and had to pay a quarter to use a shopping cart:childplease: then had pay for my own grocery bags :dahell: ....And I hate krogers so I don't know where to shop at

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Nah.

when I was visiting dallas on google maps they made it seem like these towns were 35- 40 min apart, I was in Irving and I swear within a 10 min drive I was in addison etc etc junk would suprise me stumbling into these places

...o3

...eye see messages in music
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
dallas, tx
:takedat::takedat::takedat: ya boy's off 'til monday night...coli summit at onyx strip club friday night.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im new to the Dallas area, :damn: how the fukk yall don't have a H.E.B. down here? :mindblown: Where do yall shop to get groceries? I just went to a store called Aldi and had to pay a quarter to use a shopping cart:childplease: then had pay for my own grocery bags :dahell: ....And I hate krogers so I don't know where to shop at

nikka there are Albertson, Tom Thumb, Minyard, and Trader Joes. :dahell:

H.E.B. (Which is WOAT by the way) are in Tarrant County.

You like H.E.B? :skip: Even the ones in Houston I been to are WOAT. :camby:

Texas2step

H-Town it's NOT our year
Daps
nikka there are Albertson, Tom Thumb, Minyard, and Trader Joes. :dahell:

H.E.B. (Which is WOAT by the way) are in Tarrant County.

You like H.E.B? :skip: Even the ones in Houston I been to are WOAT. :camby:
What is traders joes? I always see it off 75 but never new what it was...And Tom Thumb is like Randells right? And I've never heard of Minyard