The Official Dallas,TX DFW Metroplex Thread

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anything happening in Fort Worth tonight? :yeshrug:

I'm back in the Metroplex to go to the American Athletic Conference Championship Game.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Californians have fukked up this housing market badly. Been trying to get another investment property for the last two months. Been putting in competitive offers (10/15% above list price) that will still produce some monthly cash flow. Californians are coming in with 100-150k over w/ cash on everything. All of my real estate agent friends are working with Californians manly now. Their clients are selling 1-3 million dollar homes in Cali and coming here with a boatload of cash in hand. To them, putting down 100-150k over ask is quite normal, they are used to putting down 200-500k over in California. It's actually gotten worse since the new year with supply drying up and people in a rush to get a home before rates explode.

Last edited:

Dak Pickscott

Shout out to Dallas my bih is a star
Daps
Californians have fukked up this housing market badly. Been trying to get another investment property for the last two months. Been putting in competitive offers (10/15% above list price) that will still produce some monthly cash flow. Californians are coming in with 100-150k over w/ cash on everything. All of my real estate agent friends are working with Californians manly now. Their clients are selling 1-3 million dollar homes in Cali and coming here with a boatload of cash in hand. To them, putting down 100-150k over ask is quite normal, they are used to putting down 200-500k over in California. It's actually gotten worse since the new year with supply drying up and people in a rush to get a home before rates explode.
275872278_10159394721132424_6796084972588901216_n.jpg

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Californians have fukked up this housing market badly. Been trying to get another investment property for the last two months. Been putting in competitive offers (10/15% above list price) that will still produce some monthly cash flow. Californians are coming in with 100-150k over w/ cash on everything. All of my real estate agent friends are working with Californians manly now. Their clients are selling 1-3 million dollar homes in Cali and coming here with a boatload of cash in hand. To them, putting down 100-150k over ask is quite normal, they are used to putting down 200-500k over. It's actually gotten worse since the new year with supply drying up and people in a rush to get a home before rates explode.

Yeah the Dallas boom is almost over breh.

It's a sellers market, but only if you basically are willing to move somewhere else. You might be able to sell ur $155k house now for $275K...but you won't find a house as good as what you just sold

My girls neighbor just moved to Oklahoma and sold her house in West Dallas for $399K, and she paid like $218K for it just 3 yrs ago. I literally can't believe a house that size sold for $400k.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I can't blame ppl from Cali tho.

You live in a house that traditionally would cost 100k in Texas, but ur Cali value is 900k...you gotta leave unless you're just super attached. Which many of them are.

Alot of them are also moving to Oregon and Idaho, but they jacked up those prices just like they doing here. Oregon is now almost as bad as Cali.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Yeah the Dallas boom is almost over breh.

It's a sellers market, but only if you basically are willing to move somewhere else. You might be able to sell ur $155k house now for $275K...but you won't find a house as good as what you just sold

My girls neighbor just moved to Oklahoma and sold her house in West Dallas for $399K, and she paid like $218K for it just 3 yrs ago. I literally can't believe a house that size sold for $400k.
What makes you think the boom is over? These supply issues are going to continue through at least the end of 2023. Disgruntled Californians are not going to stop coming here. Musk moving here was a gamechanger.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
What makes you think the boom is over? These supply issues are going to continue through at least the end of 2023. Disgruntled Californians are not going to stop coming here. Musk moving here was a gamechanger.

Nah, i mean the "boom" as in Dallas being an affordable real estate market to get "more house for your money". And like you are trying to buy investment props, the problem ur having is describing exactly why the boom is over.

Elon wasn't the gamechanger though. Dallas has become a total transplant city, and this was happening when I got my first post college job in the late 00s. Everyone in our training class was from Florida, Michigan,Illinois, East Coast etc. I was the only pure Dallas person.

And when Toyota came a few yrs ago, they brought thousands of employees from Cali to here(Frisco, McKinney).

But my point is, ppl always came here bc of affordable, big housing, space in yards etc. The extreme heat, lack of beaches, mountains etc were all things that kept prices down for years. Not anymore though.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps

:rip: I used to listen ESPN Radio Dallas all day back in the 2000's.

Damn, that used to be my drive home and my driving anytime of day. I kinda stopped listening after they canceled Michael Irvin show and then Galloway retired. I went to Galloways last show actually.

Matt Mosley was entertaining but not enough to keep me around. Then I think they even took Ben & Skin from 1053 the Fan at one point.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
patty too thick. thin smashburgers>>>>
I like my burgers Dr. Miami surgery thick:mjgrin:

That was my 1st time at Wingfield's

I couldn't even park my truck there it was so many people waiting

They had me working in that bih
Going out to tell people they order was ready:francis:

The lady working there was like "where u from? New Orleans or the Islands?" :usure:

After i spoke to her

My food was good tho
Burger was seasoned right