The Official Dallas Cowboys 2023 Season Thread

Should Dak remain starter in 2024 if he doesnt win at least 2 playoff games?

• Total voters

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
When was the last time the cowboys defense won a game when our offense was bad:patrice:

Like when Watson got hurt and Cleveland OC was like "look...we playing some random dude at qb and Amari back to rubbing tennis balls on his thighs half the game so don' expect much from us today. We probably not going to score more than 14." And Cleveland defense said "don't matter we only going to give up 10." And they won the game 13 to 10.

When was the last time Dan Quinn defense did that :patrice:
I said nothing about the defense winning a game. I said its good to see the Cowboys offense go win a game when the defense is having a rough night

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
@Codeine Bryant @Spade @DTXwavey_02

We might be on the verge of a massive L the way Dak is playing

200w.gif
I'll welcome it. If he shuts me up it's for the better. I'm rooting for it. But that's why I made my qualifier.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
This the second time in two seasons our defense couldn't make the other team punt 1 time .

Funny enough we 2 - 0 in these never punt games cause you know, we got a qb who can go get us 40 or more.

But do you REALLY think you can win at the highest level with a defense who can't make Gardener Minshew and Geno Smith punt one time :mjlol:
I get it, you have something to hang your hat on - Dak is playing well, played magnificent last night but the fact of the matter is when it counts, where is this Dak?

He produced a sneaky 17 points getting booted out the playoffs in 22 and backdoor’d that with a quiet 12 points in a magnificent defeat to follow it up the next year. You can talk about the run game, I can show several teams averaging more than 14.5 points without a run game. We can talk about the defense but they held SF to 19 and 23 points. So this offensive juggernaut needs to be consistent going forward or at the least continue to get his stock up so we can Hershel Walker his ass to the Bears or sum

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
I love it! Philly ONLY plays teams above .500 and even when they win close, it's "gritty"

We ONLY play below .500 teams and blow them out...When we win close against a tougher opponent, they "sucked" and "but can they do it next week?"

Nevermind that we don't make the schedule or that there's common opponents. For the Cowboys the goalposts are on permanent skates, moving back or forth to suit whatever argument against them. It's crazy.

Had we LOST to Seattle, the narrative would've been "See? They just can't beat an opponent with a pulse"

There are no "gritty" games when you play in Dallas...it's either "you were SUPPOSED to beat them" or "This was aiight, but how they gon look NEXT week?" or "All this is great but what happens when they play _______?":stopitslime: eff the media

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I get it, you have something to hang your hat on - Dak is playing well, played magnificent last night but the fact of the matter is when it counts, where is this Dak?

He produced a sneaky 17 points getting booted out the playoffs in 22 and backdoor’d that with a quiet 12 points in a magnificent defeat to follow it up the next year. You can talk about the run game, I can show several teams averaging more than 14.5 points without a run game. We can talk about the defense but they held SF to 19 and 23 points. So this offensive juggernaut needs to be consistent going forward or at the least continue to get his stock up so we can Hershel Walker his ass to the Bears or sum

This is Dak where they actually were somewhat aggressive in the offseason and got him Cooks and he's no longer tied to Jerry Jones coaching experiments.

How has Herbert looked under Kellen Moore? The careers of both Romo and Dak were held back due to Jerry Jones trying to fast track Garrett and Kellen Moore. Now, with proven NFL coaching, Dak looks much better

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
How has Herbert looked under Kellen Moore? The careers of both Romo and Dak were held back due to Jerry Jones trying to fast track Garrett and Kellen Moore. Now, with proven NFL coaching, Dak looks much better
Is comparing Herbert under Kellen fair? Seems like everybody is blaming Herbert/Chargers not doing more on Staley. But for the Moore difference I've seen ppl bring up how last year Dallas was like top/top 3 in redzone efficiency, now they like bottom 6 team in the redzone this year.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I hope Evans gets acclimated to LB in the next few games.
If Shaq comes here and is healthy and can contribute? Cool.

It would be perfect if the defense could gell and get hot going into the playoffs.

Last edited: