The Official Dallas Cowboys 2023 Season Thread

Should Dak remain starter in 2024 if he doesnt win at least 2 playoff games?

• Total voters
Daps

Makes sense.

People think that Dak struggles with pressure. He's always been good against the blitz and man coverage.

The only "thing" that he consistently struggles with is teams that have: great zone coverage plus top shelf linebackers that can cover TE's and running backs.

Most teams don't have that. The Niners are probably the only squad with a defense tailor made to give him fits. Against teams like that, you gotta be able to run, don't force anything and then hope the defense makes plays.

Daps
Jalen also beat the 49ers (sure, Purdy got knocked out the game) and almost beat the Chiefs in the Super Bowl.

Dak would have us in 3 score deficits entering the 4th before turning it on against Prevent defenses in both of those games, and you know it.
Almost beat the Chiefs....so no win.

Beat the Niners who JUST had a bloodbath with Dallas and was down to the waterboy taking snaps under center?

Philly is good but they're lucky as fukk. If SF plays them with the same energy they play Dallas (part of me feels like they won't), Philly might get beat by 3 TDs easily. Dallas and Philly are 50/50.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Almost beat the Chiefs....so no win.

Beat the Niners who JUST had a bloodbath with Dallas and was down to the waterboy taking snaps under center?

Philly is good but they're lucky as fukk. If SF plays them with the same energy they play Dallas (part of me feels like they won't), Philly might get beat by 3 TDs easily. Dallas and Philly are 50/50.
I agree that Philly is very lucky.

The first TD against the Chiefs last week, Swift rushing inside the RZ. Clear hold that wasn’t called.

When Schoonmaker was called short of the end zone in our game, clear DPI. scUM boy was being tackled to the ground before the ball even arrived.

Of course no hold against Micah ever gets called. And that unreal “PI” against Gilmore for incidental contact on a clearly uncatchable ball that gave Philly a 1st down which ended up being a TD drive.

All that being said, we don’t really have room to talk. Dak and the squad have had 3 chances to not look pathetic against SF. Failed every time.

We’ll see what they do against Philly coming up.

Regular season stats, records, and awards don’t move me. I only care about games vs Philly, San Fran, and playoff games. And that’s all anybody in this fanbase should care about. They’re taking care of business against bum teams, and Dak and the boys should get the minimal baseline credit for that. Which they are. But if they fold against Philly/SF in January, we’ll all be rehashing the same feelings and conversations we’ve been having the past 2 offseasons.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I agree that Philly is very lucky.

The first TD against the Chiefs last week, Swift rushing inside the RZ. Clear hold that wasn’t called.

When Schoonmaker was called short of the end zone in our game, clear DPI. scUM boy was being tackled to the ground before the ball even arrived.

Of course no hold against Micah ever gets called. And that unreal “PI” against Gilmore for incidental contact on a clearly uncatchable ball that gave Philly a 1st down which ended up being a TD drive.

All that being said, we don’t really have room to talk. Dak and the squad have had 3 chances to not look pathetic against SF. Failed every time.

We’ll see what they do against Philly coming up.

Regular season stats, records, and awards don’t move me. I only care about games vs Philly, San Fran, and playoff games. And that’s all anybody in this fanbase should care about. They’re taking care of business against bum teams, and Dak and the boys should get the minimal baseline credit for that. Which they are. But if they fold against Philly/SF in January, we’ll all be rehashing the same feelings and conversations we’ve been having the past 2 offseasons.
Although these blowouts have been entertaining to watch, they haven’t moved me in the slightest about this team’s playoff chances.

We have very specific matchup problem with SF which still hasn’t been addressed.

We have an issue of HFA with the Eagles which hasn’t been addressed bc the Eagles refuse to drop a game.

Idk what else to say. :yeshrug:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
We have an issue of HFA with the Eagles which hasn’t been addressed bc the Eagles refuse to drop a game.
We are all Bills fans today.

We have to beat Philly at home in two weeks.

And even then, Philly owns the tiebreaker because we already have 3 conference losses. They have 0 and would have two non-conference losses to Jets and Bills if the above scenario plays out.

So Philly would still have to drop another game. And we would have to run the table (Bills, Dolphins, Lions).

:francis: