The Official Dallas Cowboys 2023 Season Thread

Should Dak remain starter in 2024 if he doesnt win at least 2 playoff games?

• Total voters

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
By the end of next month, we will know if this team is legit.

They beat the Vikings 40 - 3 last year. Despite this win, I can't be impressed by it :manny:
Bruh we had the most 40 and 50 point games in the league last year, I think we had as many 50 point games as the rest of the league combined. We've always been good at getting to the QB. We been forcing turnovers like a mufukka. We look more or less the same to me to keep it 100 with you. I mean that in the sense make the playoffs and win games WHEN THEY REALLY MATTER and then my opinion of this team will change. I don't are about regular season wins anymore. This team has won 12 games the past two seasons and made the playoffs the last two seasons. This is McCarthy's 4th season as our head coach. IMO he should be coaching for his job right now. Ok you can get us double digit wins. We can make the playoffs. We need to WIN in the playoffs. If we don't have a deep playoff run this year I would let McCarthy go and try someone new while our talent is still young.

My expectations for this team are actually kinda high this season, we SHOULD make progress. If we don't make progress we need to move on from certain people. McCarthy first. Dak would be up next after him in my book and I don't even hate Dak like that, but right now he would have some serious trade value, because his contract is gonna be cheap soon.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Also this offense is sorely missing the power running game we used to have. We used to be able to run the ball straight up a teams gut, but now we can't do that it's all finesse now. It's the biggest reason why we can't beat San Francisco to me after we can't stop the run, we can't really run the ball on them either... not unless Dak actually chooses to use his legs too, then we could run on them but they won't do that.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Bruh we had the most 40 and 50 point games in the league last year, I think we had as many 50 point games as the rest of the league combined. We've always been good at getting to the QB. We been forcing turnovers like a mufukka. We look more or less the same to me to keep it 100 with you. I mean that in the sense make the playoffs and win games WHEN THEY REALLY MATTER and then my opinion of this team will change. I don't are about regular season wins anymore. This team has won 12 games the past two seasons and made the playoffs the last two seasons. This is McCarthy's 4th season as our head coach. IMO he should be coaching for his job right now. Ok you can get us double digit wins. We can make the playoffs. We need to WIN in the playoffs. If we don't have a deep playoff run this year I would let McCarthy go and try someone new while our talent is still young.

My expectations for this team are actually kinda high this season, we SHOULD make progress. If we don't make progress we need to move on from certain people. McCarthy first. Dak would be up next after him in my book and I don't even hate Dak like that, but right now he would have some serious trade value, because his contract is gonna be cheap soon.

Usually, the knock on the regular season is they don’t play teams with winning records, or contenders.

This season is unique because they get tested early and often.

Next week they get the Jets. A team that’s a “contender” in the AFC. Next month San Fran and the Chargers back to back on the road.

San Fran is considered the favorite in the NFC. And they have beat Dallas in the playoffs twice.

They beat Philly last year, but at the same time, I think every game is important because Philly probably won’t lose many.

Then in December they play Buffalo and Miami in back to back road games. So unlike previous years, they will be heavily tested in the regular season. At a minimum, this defense should easily handle

New England
Arizona
Washington (twice)
Carolina
Rams
Seattle
Giants

So that should be an easy 9 wins

They went 12-5 last year.

If they go 12-5 again it will be because they went 3-5 against the “most talented” teams on the schedule and they will be considered frauds in my eyes going into the playoffs.