The Official Dallas Cowboys 2023 Season Thread

Should Dak remain starter in 2024 if he doesnt win at least 2 playoff games?

• Total voters

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Via next generation stats, wr separation would've had our receivers ranked behind every single SF receiver in seperation. Even the fullback. This offense stinks.
Ceedee get off the line slow. Everybody does except Cooks. But Ceedee notoriously gets off the line slow, purposely. You see it most glaringly in the enzone. He does this slow release to, I guess, try to bait his defender into relaxing and then trys to speed up at the top of the route. It’s why he struggles with getting targeted in the edozne. I don’t known why he does the that either. It definitely doesn’t compliment our qbs talent or whatever. Dez did it but he was a go getter and jump ball receiver so it didn’t matter. None that shyt really mattered with Dez because he was so beastly and athletic. Man I miss watching him play. I don’t think his career was close to over when he got released.

Right now they’re saying Cooks is cooked like they said Dez was. Cooks got a thousand yard jsut last season with multiple qbs who shouldn’t have been In the league. He was open at least 4 times last night

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
At this point there really is no upside to Cooper Rush being the backup. Dak doesnt fear him.

Not that he'd fear Lance, but he's got tangible things that does better than Dak right now. Stronger arm, mobility. There's worry if the breh makes a nice run or throw that has people wanting more. There's a 1st round pedigree that'll have people wondering about his potential.
I wanna start my statement by saying, Dak is ass.

Objectively, Dak has a new system - no preseason and 4 warm up games before facing the best defense in football. In those 4 games, he didn’t have to be a factor because our defense was that good.

So the first time you reply on him, it’s against the best defense in the league and he looks like a deer in the headlights, the whole game. Dak is ass.

Personally, I think he shouldn’t have never gotten the 40 M’s, congrats to him, but it’s been time to move on from him. He’s just not that guy.

But I do think he still gets a chance to show in prove. Dak’s always been a guy that can make the easy throws, hit you when you’re wide open, comeback routes etc. now it’s timing route, back shoulder throws, touch etc and he ain’t got it. I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing Dak benched coming out of the bye if he loss this to the Chargers. Let Rush lose two games and turn it over to Trey :manny:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those teams you mentioned value Defense. Those teams figure build a great defense and everything else will work itself out.

Edit: They also make moves like getting AJ Brown, Stephon Diggs, and CMC.
Dallas values defense. They jsut build it the wrong way. They choose speed over size and skills. Over entire defense is small. Our offense is small too. Our oline is routinely on average one of the smaller group as a whole. That’s why they don’t dominate. Steele plays smaller or slower. Than his stature.

But the defense is just small. That’s why they get dominated upfront like they do against real fronts. LVE is our only above average defense I snide and he gets washed routinely if any body get a hand on him before he can get to the ball carrier. The cowboys have to change their philosophyy on how they want to build their defense because they’ll continually get out physicaled by sf and Philly until they do.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Posted this on CZ

Dak Prescott:

69% completion
1061 yards
5 TD
4 Ints
87.5 passer rating

Desmond Ridder:

65.4% completion
1073 yards
4 TD
3 Ints
85.8 passer rating

This is the level of QB play we are getting. If we went into this game w Desmond Ridder at QB, we all would say we have no chance against the 9ers.
You're an idiot. Stop discussing football please.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wanna start my statement by saying, Dak is ass.

Objectively, Dak has a new system - no preseason and 4 warm up games before facing the best defense in football. In those 4 games, he didn’t have to be a factor because our defense was that good.

So the first time you reply on him, it’s against the best defense in the league and he looks like a deer in the headlights, the whole game. Dak is ass.

Personally, I think he shouldn’t have never gotten the 40 M’s, congrats to him, but it’s been time to move on from him. He’s just not that guy.

But I do think he still gets a chance to show in prove. Dak’s always been a guy that can make the easy throws, hit you when you’re wide open, comeback routes etc. now it’s timing route, back shoulder throws, touch etc and he ain’t got it. I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing Dak benched coming out of the bye if he loss this to the Chargers. Let Rush lose two games and turn it over to Trey :manny:
Surprisingly, I read a tweet that of all the recent qbs to get a new contract is actually one of the better qbs to go to his pay raise in term of wins.

Kyler Murray, Russ, Watson, Cousins, Tannehil all got paid and their terms have struggled.

Only Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes have kept their teams competitive and betters this doesn’t include qbs who got their extension this year

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look at this cuck yall

Just came back from watching Dak fukk his wife :pachaha:
But but "give Lance a chance!""...you're sad. You were rooting for a loss last night. And despite you're incessant bytching about dak, he will STILL be a cowboy for years to come and your pathetic ass will be bytching about until your grave :umad:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I think about the dumb ass moves this franchise has done.

I was sitting back the other day thinking about how we resigned Leighton Vander Cac ol brittle ass instead of a true dawg Bobby Wagner.

I think the difference in price was only like $2Ms. I look at this defense; Philly, SF, Buff, etc they all hit hard and play sound ball. Our guys constantly drawing penalties, extending drives, quiet in the big moments...it's a product of the organization. Dan Quinn, for how great he is, is not exempt from this either...No answer for George Kittle? Losing Trevon exposed this defense to me as well.

How them good defenses come up with space eaters? Pass rushers that play big in the biggest moments? We can't get a 1 tech to save our lives. Thank goodness for Hankins but we need more. I haven't seen Mazi or heard from the guy all season. Does he still play for us Lol? Ish frustrating.

Part of me happy for a beatdown like that, because maybe (MAYBE) it'll spurn some real change...hopefully it was a wakeup call and eye opener

but knowing this franchise....LOL. They see cracks in the foundation, but Jerry and co will pretend they don't exist

Until LoPan dies nothing changes. Even then youre hoping that Stephen sees sense and hires someone from outside to do the team building. :francis:

The Cowboys makes so much money that LoPan doesn't really care about winning. Barring Covid and and the 2010 season revenue has gone up every year for the past 20 years.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Ceedee get off the line slow. Everybody does except Cooks. But Ceedee notoriously gets off the line slow, purposely. You see it most glaringly in the enzone. He does this slow release to, I guess, try to bait his defender into relaxing and then trys to speed up at the top of the route. It’s why he struggles with getting targeted in the edozne. I don’t known why he does the that either. It definitely doesn’t compliment our qbs talent or whatever. Dez did it but he was a go getter and jump ball receiver so it didn’t matter. None that shyt really mattered with Dez because he was so beastly and athletic. Man I miss watching him play. I don’t think his career was close to over when he got released.

Right now they’re saying Cooks is cooked like they said Dez was. Cooks got a thousand yard jsut last season with multiple qbs who shouldn’t have been In the league. He was open at least 4 times last night

The power of 4 :yeshrug: