The Official Corey Holcomb 5150 Show Thread

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
In the latter portion of his latest show, Corey seemed perplexed about why some Black men date white or non-Black women.

I know reasons why some people are more open minded and versatile when it comes to dating/marriage, but I am not sure if it is worth discussing, especially if some people are going to be dismissive and disrespectful towards the messenger.

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
In the latter portion of his latest show, Corey seemed perplexed about why some Black men date white or non-Black women.

I know reasons why some people are more open minded and versatile when it comes to dating/marriage, but I am not sure if it is worth discussing, especially if some people are going to be dismissive and disrespectful towards the messenger.

Elaborate on that playa

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Elaborate on that playa

Man, I don't any the bullshyt that comes with answering your query, but basically, it really comes down to fukkin with people who fukk with you! People want to be desired, wanted, needed and accepted for who they are.

People of different ethnic and cultural backgrounds may have obvious differences, but they may also share a common ground to some form or fashion..

For instance, a Black and non-Black may have both struggled meeting people or connecting with people wthin their immediate surroundings and end up meeting each other in a social setting thst they both enjoy and build their relationship off that..But, that doesn't mean that the both of them hate themselves or have some sort of disdain for their own, although it may be the case for some people..

Also, factor in that in some places, people in diverse settings may have grown up together, listen to the same music, know each other's family, frequent the same social settings and with that may hook up with each other.

Then you have people who are attracted the contrasting skin tones or may find certain physical characteric to be appealing, contrary to certain beliefs.

There are a myriad of reasons why people connect. Trust me, a non-Black who is in a relationship with a Black person catches flack too. Some even risk being disowned or will be deemed tainted from members of their community just like a Black person may be in his or her community.

Bottomline..

Not everyone subscribes to the social construct that most people have been indoctrinated to accept within our society. You will always have a subculture of people who will always resist the social norm and customs of any given society.