Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is :ohhh: and :what: and :gladbron: at the same time...:blessed:

'Goosebumps' Author R.L. Stine Is Writing A Comic Series For Marvel | Huffington Post

Millennials: your preteen dreams ― and nightmares ― are about to come true.

R.L. Stine, author of “Goosebumps” and a slew of horror series for adults, has signed on to write a comic series for Marvel.

In a recent Reddit AMA, Stine told a curious fan that he not only had an interest in writing comics ― he’s in the process of doing so. “But I’m not allowed to talk about them yet,” he added.

Before he made a name for himself as an author of horror books in the ‘90s, Stine was already a prolific writer ― of joke books.

“It’s the same kind of guttural reaction,” Stine said in an interview with The Huffington Post last year. “I’m kind of odd because scary stuff doesn’t scare me. Horror always makes me laugh. I’m always the one in the movie theatre and the shark comes up, and it chews the girl up — I’m always the one laughing. I don’t know why.”

So, he may be the ideal candidate for a comic series, capable of balancing the thrills and puns in equal measure.

There’s no word yet on whether the possessed camera from “Say Cheese and Die,” or the red-eyed dog from “The Barking Ghost” will make an appearance. We can only hope ― and brace ourselves for the youth-appropriate scares.

5818cbf4170000c3045bb063.gif

Also on HuffPost: Read This And Die!: An Interview With R.L. Stine

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Champions is a fun book. Some cringe worthy lines by the kids, but i'm not sure if that's not just me in my :flabbynsick:'ness not processing that type of humor like i would when i was 13.

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

'Goosebumps' Author R.L. Stine Is Writing A Comic Series For Marvel | Huffington Post

R.L. Stine, author of “Goosebumps” and a slew of horror series for adults, has signed on to write a comic series for Marvel.

In a recent Reddit AMA, Stine told a curious fan that he not only had an interest in writing comics ― he’s in the process of doing so. “But I’m not allowed to talk about them yet,” he added.

Before he made a name for himself as an author of horror books in the ‘90s, Stine was already a prolific writer ― of joke books.

“It’s the same kind of guttural reaction,” Stine said in an interview with The Huffington Post last year. “I’m kind of odd because scary stuff doesn’t scare me. Horror always makes me laugh. I’m always the one in the movie theatre and the shark comes up, and it chews the girl up — I’m always the one laughing. I don’t know why.”

So, he may be the ideal candidate for a comic series, capable of balancing the thrills and puns in equal measure.

There’s no word yet on whether the possessed camera from “Say Cheese and Die,” or the red-eyed dog from “The Barking Ghost” will make an appearance. We can only hope ― and brace ourselves for the youth-appropriate scares.

RL the GOAT :wow:

His books got me through middle school :salute:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
KANG AGAIN!?!??? :what::what::what:

I was already over Waid's Avengers before #1 came out. We need new/rising writers not washed up writers like Waid on the Avengers

Actually it wasn't that bad, outside of a few continuity hiccups and sorta-out of character moments. Nice set up.

I kinda don't like Del Mundo's art here, though. It's better for fantasy settings.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Champions is a fun book. Some cringe worthy lines by the kids, but i'm not sure if that's not just me in my :flabbynsick:'ness not processing that type of humor like i would when i was 13.

It's good.

It's very good.

"I can see this being animated" good. "USA Today" article good.

If Wizard was still around I could see this being hyped and pushed like "Ultimate Spider-Man" was.

Watch it get fukked up by a crossover or a change in artist to someone drawing stick figures or some shyt. :francis:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon

:blessed: 90s baby shyt

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Actually it wasn't that bad, outside of a few continuity hiccups and sorta-out of character moments. Nice set up.

I kinda don't like Del Mundo's art here, though. It's better for fantasy settings.

Yea, i was about to say, my biggest issue with Avengers 1 was the art. the plot itself wasn't terrible
The thing with Waid is that you won't get anything mindblowing its just okay shyt

I disagree with y'all on Del Mundo. He seems like a perfect fit for a Kang story

Champions is cool but I need Waid to cool down with the pop culture references :francis:

shyt just comes off like an old man trying to be hip