Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I don't even bother with none of these new "vs" video bullshyt youtube channels.

It sickens me that these are made by people who barely fukk with any of the mediums (comics, manga, anime)

then they're watched by people who barely fukk with the mediums (if at all)

who then go to various places and spout the shyt they saw as canon like they know shyt.

Do the comic brehs agree with the result?

:snoop:

they need to stop with these damn composite versions of characters

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
meanwhile....

BAtVFXS.jpg

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
and yes, the Infinity Gauntlet comic was great.

though I can't believe that I'm slowly starting to be okay with things becoming more... "MovieVerse".

I'm also hoping they somehow make all of this coherent some kind of way and not a lot of "What If's.

For instance, they could really do something with the facts that there's been a few Multi-Versal killing sprees in the last few years, and there's very VERY few Peter Parkers out there.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
:snoop:

they need to stop with these damn composite versions of characters
They do the composite versions cuz they feel it's the only fair way to have them fight using all of their glory and power. It's kinda like the reverse of comic book movies. Comic book movies nerf all of the characters, while Death Battle tries to make the characters the absolute strongest versions that they can make.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Sooooo, Convergence is the DC SECRET WARS? :huh:
Not really.
The plan was to just have a bunch of comics come out featuring old continuity characters to fill in the 2 months that DC was moving their offices out to Los Angeles and in the process editorial had the bright idea to turn it into the Convergence crossover and connect them all around one story.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
What comic book do i start on to see militant Cyclops?
Well the reason for Cyclops's militant stance is due to how House of M ends, so I guess you should start at Messiah Complex because that's the first major story arc after House of M. That's where Cyclops begins to develop that militant stance. If you want to see Militant Cyclops at full force start at Avengers vs X-Men then go into Uncanny X-Men #1
DEC120608_2.jpg

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
why do people use cage as a mouth piece for this shyt when the character has mostly been a stereotype and ended up wifing a white chick (There is nothing wrong with this but still).

lol, forreal, it's 2015 and Cage is still on that "Sweet Christmas!" shyt.

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
That stone that the girl picked up, isn't the reality gem, is it? If so, did she just wish her mother back (dead or alive) from wherever, to help out? Issue is lowkey sad af, if that's what actually happened. :mjcry:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
why do people use cage as a mouth piece for this shyt when the character has mostly been a stereotype and ended up wifing a white chick (There is nothing wrong with this but still).

Because he's the true "ghetto/cool" black man amongst the glut of more "civilized" black characters.

That supposedly means that not only us he more in touch with his roots, but he also has no tact or filter and will speak his mind all the time.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That stone that the girl picked up, isn't the reality gem, is it? If so, did she just wish her mother back (dead or alive) from wherever, to help out? Issue is lowkey sad af, if that's what actually happened. :mjcry:

Yeah I'm thinking that's what actually happened

And yeah its quite sad