Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Lol @ Deadpool's death being related to the Incursions stuff

Convergence :scust:

I read that shyt on ***** it stunk
The individual issues of Convergence I read were OK. It was cool seeing some of the old characters/characterization that have been replaced by the new 52 stuff.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Convergence :blessed:

All these Universes :banderas:

Idk what to describe it as. DC said it wouldn't effect the New 52 so I can't really say it's a hybrid of those two events.

I'm a sucker for Elseworlds tales, so I'm on board this. I'm not checking for all the single issue stories tho. I know it's not gonna have an affect on N52, but this storyline reminds me of those 2 events.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Liked seeing wally west again and night wing/oracle. They weren't perfect tales but it was nice going back to a happier DC

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Sx7bnit.jpg

caught me off guard :dwillhuh:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Brehs, I've decided to finally try to get into comics. I read the World War Hulk arc and Civil War. I'm reading the lead in to Secret Wars so I have New Avengers, Avengers and the Infinity arc. Put me on to some Marvel/DC piff:lupe:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs, I've decided to finally try to get into comics. I read the World War Hulk arc and Civil War. I'm reading the lead in to Secret Wars so I have New Avengers, Avengers and the Infinity arc. Put me on to some Marvel/DC piff:lupe:
You have a shyt load of avengers stuff to read. With marvel read the big events and DC ... fukk it's hard to say man . What type of stuff do you like ? Superior Spider-Man is good and all his interactions with the marvel universe is good . I like GOTG though most done , superior iron man is pretty dope . Hawkeyes too . It depends on your taste , in DC I'm a batman guy ( then tried the johns run but he left ) trinity war and jla with lex is good .

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
You have a shyt load of avengers stuff to read. With marvel read the big events and DC ... fukk it's hard to say man . What type of stuff do you like ? Superior Spider-Man is good and all his interactions with the marvel universe is good . I like GOTG though most done , superior iron man is pretty dope . Hawkeyes too . It depends on your taste , in DC I'm a batman guy ( then tried the johns run but he left ) trinity war and jla with lex is good .
I like the modern art style. That's pretty much my only pre-req

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside

Do you have a favorite DC character? Are you interested in older stories too?

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Do you have a favorite DC character? Are you interested in older stories too?
Superman's my favorite superhero, but I love Batman, Flash, the whole Justice League really. The Sandman characters seem interesting too. If it's good I don't really mind if it's old. I just have no idea where to start which is why I never bothered.

Courvoisier Clyde

Samui Joe
Daps
Reppin
Stankonia-ku
I'd say read Geoff John's run on Justice League or some even older stuff, but I stopped reading DC when the New 52 happened so I don't really know anymore. But a lotof John's Superman stuff was really good, especially the Legion of Super Heroes arc.

Or check out All-Star Superman and other stories that stand-alone i.e. Kingdom Come, Dark Knight Returns, Justice...

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
that Rage of Ultron shyt was ill as fukk!
i might catch shade (it all g tho) but Howard the Duck my favorite shyt right now lol
shyts just funny
i love the funny comic books

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I wish DC was putting out other shyt this month. I guess we still have Justice League 40 and Superman 40 coming out this month.

I hope they aren't doing some bullshyt cash grab shyt this September like the last few years.