Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
What was announced?

DC COMICS ANNOUNCES CONVERGENCE IS THEIR NEXT MAJOR EVENT IN 2015
uRBAUiX.jpg

DC Comics has announced their next major event will be titled Convergence and will launch on a weekly schedule starting on April 1, 2015. It will be written by Jeff King -- a veteran TV writer most popularly known for his work on Stargate SG-1, White Collar and Continuum -- with art by Carlo Pagulayan and Stephen Segovia.

According to a USA Today interview with DC Comics Co-publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee, the story will feature a plot by the villain Brainiac, who has decided to conduct a great experiment by taking all of the cities he has bottled from various timelines and planets to a planet outside of time and space and then open them all up to see what happens when all of the inhabitants meet. A new villain named Telos -- Greek for "end" or "goal" -- will also play a part.

Most interestingly, when USA Today asked about characters and events from the pre-New 52 universe, Lee said, "What we're really addressing is they all exist and have existed and exist within the framework of the New 52. Convergence is in many ways the most meta epic event we've done." This not only appears to confirm that the pre-New 52 universe does in fact still exist as part of DC's multiverse of parallel realities, but that we may very well see lost characters like Donna Troy, Cassandra Cain, and Superman in his red underwear again.

Two different comics -- The New 52: Futures End and Earth 2: World's End -- will act as lead-ins to Convergence, which will be a nine-part event. This includes a #0 issue co-written by King and Dan Jurgens (who is part of The New 52: Futures End writing team), and then the core #1-8 series, which will be written by King with plotting by Scott Lobdell (who recently ended his run on Superman).

In addition to the main Convergence event story, there will be 40 two-part miniseries launched to coincide with the event. DC's regular monthly comics will go on hiatus during this time.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11...convergence-is-their-next-major-event-in-2015

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Forgetful writers or just them saying fukk it with Scoot?

w7ZshXJ.jpg

nxx34dw.jpg

XZqfU5C.jpg

Certain writers have stories they want to tell and just say fukk a character's prior history.
So the same people wanting to give Wanda a pass ride Cyclops' ass over the Phoenix stuff.
But if we are being honest, Cyclops was being a hypocritical c*nt in the Children's End story because as much of a hard ass as he was being concerning Wanda he would have not given a damn if it was Jean Grey/Phoenix causing untold death and destruction again.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'm so not interested in the DC event that was announced today
I'll probably check out the main book and then pick up any of the miniseries that look interesting.
As a total nerd for the Multiverse I am interested in how they plan on pulling this off.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They didn't seem to like it on there but I did like it :yeshrug: and as much I was against ssm I look forward to seeing him and regular Peter interact with the killer Spider-Man he's gathered

Superior was a very dope story though. I'm never against anything until I can see the turnout and it was a very dope spider man story that proved Peter's worth without him even being present for most of it. This looks like it's going to be a lot of fun

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Certain writers have stories they want to tell and just say fukk a character's prior history.
So the same people wanting to give Wanda a pass ride Cyclops' ass over the Phoenix stuff.
But if we are being honest, Cyclops was being a hypocritical c*nt in the Children's End story because as much of a hard ass as he was being concerning Wanda he would have not given a damn if it was Jean Grey/Phoenix causing untold death and destruction again.
Eh well from my prospective the avengers in this story (low key which was a better AvsX than the real story ) helped add to the problem by not being more willing partners with the xmen to capture Wanda . The thing is there is no real proof she didn't go do all this stuff by herself resulting in her going crazy and no more mutants while Phoenix is a force of nature just running around picking hosts without permission :yeshrug: so I Can understand fighting for her more than just being like doom said he did it :yeshrug: sorry mutants you lose ! Avengers fukk yeah ! That's kind of how cap deals with the mutants and why he picks a shytty unity team as he has done zero research on mutants

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Superior was a very dope story though. I'm never against anything until I can see the turnout and it was a very dope spider man story that proved Peter's worth without him even being present for most of it. This looks like it's going to be a lot of fun
I'll be honest I misjudged it and was wrong , I should of known all the beginning stuff makin Spock look so great was going to come back to bite him in the ass and reveal that Peter is the superior .however Peter should know he can fight crime smarter though and not just to make life easier but to be more effective