Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I doubt he's really dead. They invested too much into the character. He's probably gonna heal or something.

When WAXM first dropped, dudes on :hamster: were jocking the fukk out of it. I never saw the big deal. It's silly and farcical...unbecoming of a main X-title. Gillen's UXM shyts on it. I was telling people that after both first issues and got a bunch of :childplease: shyt is borderline :trash: And fukk the hellfire babysitters club.

I like the concept of WAXM and really enjoyed the first couple of issues just ebcause it was a change of pace for an X-book to have so much humor in it after so many years of ridiculous melodrama. But the book has become very blah. Every once in a while Aaron delivers a decent issue (like the one focusing on Doop) and some of the characters are really cool (especially Quentin Quire and Broo) but the book as a whole has not lived up to expectations.
And the Hellfire Kids are just a horrible concept that needs to be trashed immediately.
Sebastian Shaw needs to show up, kill all of those little fukkers with his bare hands and take back his evil sex club/criminal empire.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I like the concept of WAXM and really enjoyed the first couple of issues just ebcause it was a change of pace for an X-book to have so much humor in it after so many years of ridiculous melodrama. But the book has become very blah. Every once in a while Aaron delivers a decent issue (like the one focusing on Doop) and some of the characters are really cool (especially Quentin Quire and Broo) but the book as a whole has not lived up to expectations.
And the Hellfire Kids are just a horrible concept that needs to be trashed immediately.
Sebastian Shaw needs to show up, kill all of those little fukkers with his bare hands and take back his evil sex club/criminal empire.

X-Factor is full of humor and not only is it funnier than WAXM, but the writing is better. That's all the humor I need from an X-book.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Wolverine and the X-Men is shytty as fukk, agreed. Never been a fan of Wolverine, and the whole series is just some shyt I don't want to read.

On the other hand, Batman 13.... :lawd:

That was some epic shyt. This is about to be a classic Joker story, brehs.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I agree that X-Factor is funny too but it is sometimes so far removed from the core X-universe that it doesn't really seem like an X-book sometimes.
It deserves to get even a tenth of the promo from Marvel that WAXM has gotten though. It is one of the best kept secrets at Marvel.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
SMH @ how they're treating Cyclops. They're gonna fukk around and create a supervillain :ufdup:

meh he would just be Magneto Status if that happens.

but the way they did Broo. :sadbron:

I hope they kill those little hellfire b*stards.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

The last great Wolverine and X-Men issue was when Rachel sonned the shyt out of Thor and it was focused on her.

Storm is joining the cast soon though so hopefully her stories can pick that stuff up. I'll be checking her X-Force book though over a Wolverine title.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Fahreal. I mean, how many muhfukkas did Cykes kill? I mean, didn't Jean do that kinda shyt under the Phoenix as well? at least she was a telepath and shyt. Cykes was just a regular ass mutant with optic blasts.

people were mad because he should have known better. Think about this these are heroes who stop the earth from being destroyed every week. When one of their own decides to play with cosmic force which endangers every one they were a little bit upset. But i see cyclops point of view. His people were nearly wiped out and he wanted to fix it like any of the heroes would have done if most of humans were wiped out. Don't know why Prof X just lied down and took the death of his race though. :manny: And I think that is the divide between the mutants and superhuman community. The mutants just see themselves are survivors while heroes like captain America see them as protectors weather they like it or not.