Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Daps
They captured him and recruited him

always hated Ross

its weird though like red hulk was this big bad ass fighting the hulk. and all of a sudden in x-sanction he's bigging up the avengers like he'll die for the cause?!

sometimes marvel feels like a soap opera...
nba-carmeloanthony2-amused_20120317_1056801613.png

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I need to play catch up on Captain Marvel...i don't like that new outfit they gave her. Pretty unnecessary. Gambit pretty much SUCKS.

I'm lovin the new cap marvel......and in my opinion the suit fits her charater well especially in these new books....and the art is top notch which makes the suit look even better......but I never read a captain/ms marvel book prior to these new ones

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
its weird though like red hulk was this big bad ass fighting the hulk. and all of a sudden in x-sanction he's bigging up the avengers like he'll die for the cause?!

sometimes marvel feels like a soap opera...
nba-carmeloanthony2-amused_20120317_1056801613.png

Marvel be fukking with our heads

In other news this should be interesting

detail.jpg

Apparently Peter is going to be darker after The Amazing Spiderman #700

Daps
inconsistencies in a comic? or a mere problem of not keeping up with them?

finished xsanction, and when iron man gets captured by cable his armor plates in his arms and chests look half way ripped off.

in the next two issues he has fully freshed out armor plates :beli:

i'm sure he either has some self replenishing armor, or cable hooked him up with some fresh armor to sit trapped in them chairs next to cap while the other avengers showed up... :snoop:

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
How they going to desecrate charles Xavier like that? That's like reading a book where the green goblin uses spider-mans dead hand to jack off with or some shyt wtf.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Marvel be fukking with our heads

In other news this should be interesting

detail.jpg

Apparently Peter is going to be darker after The Amazing Spiderman #700

A grim and gritty Spiderman? Not too sure about that...while Spiderman has a history of being a bit of a whiner I don't think making him be "darker" really works for the character. At the end of the day Spiderman needs to be a bit more lighthearted.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Spider Man is the quinessential wisecracker/jokester of comics. He's ultra intelligent but he's a ball breaker much like Human Torch and Iceman. Him crossing over with the Joker would make for good interactions too. But him developing a superiority complex? That definitely isn't the Peter Parker of standard.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
A grim and gritty Spiderman? Not too sure about that...while Spiderman has a history of being a bit of a whiner I don't think making him be "darker" really works for the character. At the end of the day Spiderman needs to be a bit more lighthearted.

Well, it might not end up being Peter at all, that still hasn't been confirmed (I think it will, though).

Also, people tend to forget that Peter lets shyt get to him from time to time. Spder-Man is as much tragedy as it is light-hearted archetypal Marvel. The problem with doing something like this in the past was just how poorly it's been handled (like in the early-mid 90s, for example). But every so often, you'd get a good, darker Spider-Man story that made sense for the character. As a matter of fact, I'd say those outweigh the massive, galloping failures in that regard.

Plus, Slott made me renege on my promise not to read Spider-Man comics after One More Day, so I'm willing to ride this one out and see where it goes before criticizing it.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
ANybody read Wolvering & The X-Men this week? Jason Aaron is starting to annoy me..
He is still pushing the Baby Hellfire Club and had Kade Kilgore "kill" Broo.
This better be a misdirection because it would be really shortsighted to kill off the best character in the book.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Well, it might not end up being Peter at all, that still hasn't been confirmed (I think it will, though).

Also, people tend to forget that Peter lets shyt get to him from time to time. Spder-Man is as much tragedy as it is light-hearted archetypal Marvel. The problem with doing something like this in the past was just how poorly it's been handled (like in the early-mid 90s, for example). But every so often, you'd get a good, darker Spider-Man story that made sense for the character. As a matter of fact, I'd say those outweigh the massive, galloping failures in that regard.

Plus, Slott made me renege on my promise not to read Spider-Man comics after One More Day, so I'm willing to ride this one out and see where it goes before criticizing it.

Still haven't read a Spider-Man issue since OMD. I don't care how good it may be. Spider-Man is dead to me.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Yeah, I've never liked the Red Hulk. shyts lame. And :wow: at the end of Uncanny Avengers. This shyt might just be good :obama:

And fukk is this new Spidey series? Always down for more Spidey. Curious to see the direction they take this one.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Uncanny Avengers is already shytting on 8 years of Bendis off one issue. It reminds me of Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men (which was :lawd: status) a lot. It has the same artist, John Cassaday.

I was getting mad reading AVX Consequences. :snoop:@how they're doing the god Cyke.

DMR

Killa
Daps
ANybody read Wolvering & The X-Men this week? Jason Aaron is starting to annoy me..
This better be a misdirection because it would be really shortsighted to kill off the best character in the book.

Yeah, he annoys me too. Who couldve thought that after scalped he would become utter :trash: writer. And his baby hellfire club is one of THE worst ideas that happened to comics imo :upsetfavre:

And I was so hyped for Uncanny Avengers but after reading this issue I was like :rudy: .Franken-Red-skull-bullshyt? No thanks, Ima give it one more chance with the next issue then its going to the bushes :birdman:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps

I doubt he's really dead. They invested too much into the character. He's probably gonna heal or something.

When WAXM first dropped, dudes on :hamster: were jocking the fukk out of it. I never saw the big deal. It's silly and farcical...unbecoming of a main X-title. Gillen's UXM shyts on it. I was telling people that after both first issues and got a bunch of :childplease: shyt is borderline :trash: And fukk the hellfire babysitters club.