Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wonder Woman is only known right now cuz chicks don't have anyone else to cosplay as. Go to cons the only ones u see them dressing up as are Diana and Ms Marvel

Jean was popping since the 90's cartoon and those X-Men movies, she's had more exposure to the general public in the last 20 years. Wonder Woman's only recent exposure is the justice league cartoons and that failed TV pilot

Dude stop......Wonder Woman is a cultural Icon. She's one of those characters that EVERYBODY knows even if they've never read a comic, seen a tv show, or know the specifics of her origin. She's one of the few comic book characters that gets regularly discussed in Academia because of her cultural impact.

There is not a single female character that is bigger than Wonder Woman. Only handful of male characters are bigger than Wonder Woman.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Dude stop......Wonder Woman is a cultural Icon. She's one of those characters that EVERYBODY knows even if they've never read a comic, seen a tv show, or know the specifics of her origin. She's one of the few comic book characters that gets regularly discussed in Academia because of her cultural impact.

There is not a single female character that is bigger than Wonder Woman. Only handful of male characters are bigger than Wonder Woman.
How is the Wonder Woman solo book doing :usure:

even Batgirl is outselling Wonder Woman right now. I was arguing who is bigger now with what Bendis wrote on his tumblr

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How is the Wonder Woman solo book doing :usure:

even Batgirl is outselling Wonder Woman right now. I was arguing who is bigger now with what Bendis wrote on his tumblr

Batgirl is not bigger than Wonder Woman. Comic book sales are not an indicator of how popular a character is. Guardians of the Galaxy is currently outselling Superman, Green Lantern, and The Hulk, you gonna try and argue Starlord is a bigger character than any of them?

Like I said Wonder Woman is a cultural icon. She's synonymous with female empowerment and is THE female superhero. Just because Bendis said some ignorant shyt doesn't mean it's true.

Nobody is bigger right now. I don't see anybody clamoring for a Batgirl, Storm, or Jean Grey movie, but people have been demanding a Wonder Woman movie for YEAR, to the point where the people who run WB have had to address it multiple times.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Batgirl is not bigger than Wonder Woman. Comic book sales are not an indicator of how popular a character is. Guardians of the Galaxy is currently outselling Superman, Green Lantern, and The Hulk, you gonna try and argue Starlord is a bigger character than any of them?

Like I said Wonder Woman is a cultural icon. She's synonymous with female empowerment and is THE female superhero. Just because Bendis said some ignorant shyt doesn't mean it's true.

Nobody is bigger right now. I don't see anybody clamoring for a Batgirl, Storm, or Jean Grey movie, but people have been demanding a Wonder Woman movie for YEAR, to the point where the people who run WB have had to address it multiple times.
People are clamoring for any female superhero movie right now because of the trend, Ms Marvel and Black Widow are being demanded. Wonder Woman is obviously this biggest solo star out of em that can carry a solo.

Jean has had more exposure with those succesful X-Men movies and even the new Wolverine movie, that's my point

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People are clamoring for any female superhero movie right now because of the trend, Ms Marvel and Black Widow are being demanded. Wonder Woman is obviously this biggest solo star out of em that can carry a solo.

Jean has had more exposure with those succesful X-Men movies and even the new Wolverine movie, that's my point

She has more exposure but shes not even close to being as popular as Wonder Woman. Nick Fury and Black Widow have more exposure than Wonder Woman too but you're not gonna argue that they're more popular are you?

There isn't another female superhero out there who comes close to Wonder Woman's popularity or cultural impact. Jean Grey isn't referenced constantly across media, Jean Grey merchandise isn't sold around the world, Jean Grey isn't a feminist icon, and nobody is asking for Jean Grey movie or even hoping she appears in more X-Men films.

Bendis was just talking out of his ass trying to hype up the character he's currently handling.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
my mom knows who wonder woman is and she doesn't even read comics. she only knows who jean grey is because the movies.

They aren't blood related. Thanos "adopted" her after The Universal Church of Truth wiped out her entire race in the future.

didn't know that

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my mom knows who wonder woman is and she doesn't even read comics. she only knows who jean grey is because the movies.

That's what i'm saying, people who don't read comics and have never seen a Superhero film, tv show, or cartoon know Wonder Woman.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You forget she had that TV show back in the day, that's where older folks know her from

She had been around and well known WELL before that show though. She's was appearing on non comic book related magazine covers a few years before that show even premiered.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

I would be surprised if Marvel who generally have their shyt together don't pivot into a Mr Marvel movie after they establish their Space continuity in Guardians

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Mighty Avengers was dope even Falcon's lame ass couldn't ruin it

Ult Spider-Man was dope af. That last page was great.

Ultimates was meh

Marvel Knights Hulk > Indestructible Hulk

about to read my DC books and Lazarus in a few

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Superman/ Wonder Woman is quickly becoming my favorite book, this shyt is dope

Justice League was pretty dope too Thomas Wayne is a badass even though he's evil

The new issue of Lazarus is probably the best so far

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cap gave Nuke that work. Book has been much better since they brought him back to earth.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
:sad: Brehs...

Issue_48.jpg

For some reason I haven't been reading TWD

The show fell off til the mid-season finale showed to be a great payoff for all those boring episodes

But, I'm caught up on the source material (library, brehs) and MAN :ohmy:

I remember it bein' spoiled for me, a while ago, but; that is prolly the most gruesome death I've ever witnessed in comics

I had to go back in the panels to see if I saw, what I just thought I saw

That was a great scene; lots of chaos

Man, now I'm up to the part about the cats goin' to DC :ohmy:

:guilty: Those pills making Rick hallucinate