Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
People actually read that Thanos Rising bullshyt? I threw that shyt in the bushes halfway the first issue. And only in the unimaginative minds of Marvel's 'top' writers could come up with something as lame as the son of Thanos being called Thane. Like what were his other kids called? Thani? Thano? La'Thanapole? (that's the one he had with a black chick)

I'm a Thanos stan. :heh:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
tumblr_mtqt6rDlSx1qj1xuxo1_500.jpg

damn i use to love these back in the marvel VS DC comics.
:banderas:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
http://tmblr.co/ZcHxBv10hXVDC

Jean Grey is already more interesting and popular than wonder woman

she has starred in more movies and more television shows, she outsells her in comics, and she wins stupid Internet polls :-)

and she IS back.

Bendis is my man 50 grand and all but there is no way Jean Gray is more popular then Wonderwoman

Hell Jean Gray never even had her own solo ongoing. :dead:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Reading that Hickman interview on CBR, dude has been handed the keys to the kingdom. He's got big ideas that stretch way into the future and has the greenlight to see his vision through. He's going to define Marvel for this era. Hope he lives up. I'm enjoying so far.

Sucks that they've dumped the corpse of Bendis on X-Men though.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Reading that Hickman interview on CBR, dude has been handed the keys to the kingdom. He's got big ideas that stretch way into the future and has the greenlight to see his vision through. He's going to define Marvel for this era. Hope he lives up. I'm enjoying so far.

Sucks that they've dumped the corpse of Bendis on X-Men though.

I'm not surprised about that. He's known to be one of the most methodical planners when it comes to comics. Remember the infamous Fantastic Four plot chart he made?

1DuWQmU.jpg

Dude's room must be looking like this right about now with all the shyt he has on his plate:

F1ZZ3Rt.jpg

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Yeah it's pretty obvious it was just supposed to be a crossover at best.

No way in Hell is that Thane character a Hickman idea...Guarantee that's some Bendis bullshyt that's gonna be picked up on in Guardians of the Galaxy.

It's annoying as fukk. You REALLY CAN tell when Bendis is interjecting something into a book/series, whether it be him ghostwriting a single character when the book has his name on it to an idea in an "event", to whole events that kill other more promising storylines and books.

i bet some coli cash that bendis will use thane to kill gamora. there can only be one b*stard seed of thanos in the cosmos

They aren't blood related. Thanos "adopted" her after The Universal Church of Truth wiped out her entire race in the future.

Can any of you Thanos fans answer me this question why is Thanos making babies?

Since he is so in love with death what is he doing creating life?

That's one of the things that pissed me off about this whole shebang. Thanos pitched an unholy fit at the thought of having a granddaughter (nebula) and said exactly that. "Me!? Create LIFE!? Who the fukk do you think I am!?!?"

The contradicting fact that he had been travelling the universe and knocking up strane pieces of strange is fukking preposterous.

Why does Apocalypse have heirs when he's immortal?
to carry on his work while he hibernates.

Why does Doom have Doombots and Kristoff as stand ins when he transfer his mind into other bodies?

I... I dunno. :to:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
http://tmblr.co/ZcHxBv10hXVDC

Jean Grey is already more interesting and popular than wonder woman

she has starred in more movies and more television shows, she outsells her in comics, and she wins stupid Internet polls :-)

and she IS back.

Bendis is my man 50 grand and all but there is no way Jean Gray is more popular then Wonderwoman

Hell Jean Gray never even had her own solo ongoing. :dead:
I would argue she is like what has Wonder Woman be in since that TV Show back in the day?

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=49540 Good interview about the future of Hickman's arc. Just imagining infinity as the fellowship of the rings in his grand scheme :ohlawd:

Brevoort: He's in a very similar situation to the one that Namor is in and the Black Panther is in. His city wasn't bombed, and he hasn't been cast out for conspiring with the enemy

oh, word? namor bout to be kicked out from under the Illuminati Umbrella that's been keeping T'Challa from shytting on him from on high?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I would argue she is like what has Wonder Woman be in since that TV Show back in the day?
Wonder Woman is more relevant culturally than Jean Grey has ever been in her entire existence.
And the movie Jean Grey is about as shytty a transfer of a character from comics to film as Storm.

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
oh, word? namor bout to be kicked out from under the Illuminati Umbrella that's been keeping T'Challa from shytting on him from on high?

Nah, he's actually referring to t'challa getting cast out of wakanda for having meetings with namor in the last issue:whoo:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Wonder Woman is more relevant culturally than Jean Grey has ever been in her entire existence.
And the movie Jean Grey is about as shytty a transfer of a character from comics to film as Storm.
Wonder Woman is only known right now cuz chicks don't have anyone else to cosplay as. Go to cons the only ones u see them dressing up as are Diana and Ms Marvel

Jean was popping since the 90's cartoon and those X-Men movies, she's had more exposure to the general public in the last 20 years. Wonder Woman's only recent exposure is the justice league cartoons and that failed TV pilot