Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I think Black Robin of the Future might be a test run to grease the skids for an inevitable black Robin n the present.
DC has been on a serious diversity kick since the New 52 launch and nothing would be more attention grabbing on that front than for Batman's official sidekick to be black.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I think Black Robin of the Future might be a test run to grease the skids for an inevitable black Robin n the present.
DC has been on a serious diversity kick since the New 52 launch and nothing would be more attention grabbing on that front than for Batman's official sidekick to be black.

Nah, I feel Black Robin is just DC throwing a bone at the fans who keep asking for more racially diverse heroes. You know Snyder is already trying to push that Harper Row chick on us as the next Robin despite the poor fan reception.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Zero was my favorite comic of the week so far.

It read very much like those Warren Ellis standalone stories that he used to do in whatever series he was writing.

I'm thinking about going back and rereading Global Frequency just because of this issue of Zero... just to remind myself how much GOAT Ellis really is.

http://www.newsarama.com/19653-warren-ellis-to-relaunch-marvel-s-moon-knight.html

WARREN ELLIS To Relaunch Marvel's MOON KNIGHT
by Lucas Siegel, Site Editor
Date: 22 November 2013 Time: 09:45 AM ET

Moon_Knight_3.jpg

CREDIT: Marvel Comics
View full size image
MOONKN2014001_DC11.jpg

View full size image
The next All-New Marvel NOW! push belongs to a character who Marvel Comics has been trying for the better part of the last decade to find a way to make a star: Moon Knight. With Moon Knight #1 in March 2014, the team of Warren Ellis, Declan Shalvey and Jordie Bellaire will try to bring the character into the spotlight - something the character himself has always been reluctant to do.

“[His] cape is actually a crescent moon and he goes out only at night and dresses in reflective white so you can see him coming. Now that’s nuts…. I like that," Ellis told HeroComplex in the announcement interview. The writer promises that everything that has come before for Moon Knight, and that means several disparate looks at the character, will inform his run on the series. That means there will be story elements dealing with both Marc Spector's dissociative identity disorder and his association with Khonshu, the Egyptian moon god. But the real focus will be on making this a crime novel in the Marvel Universe.

“The best Moon Knight stories for me were always ground-level but weird crime,” he said. “‘Weird crime’ has kind of been the touchstone for me for this revival.”

Moon_Knight_2.jpg

View full size image
The most recent use of Moon Knight was in Secret Avengers - under Ellis himself, and a year-long series by Brian

Moon_Knight_1.jpg

View full size image
Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev that saw the character relocate to the West Coast. He'll be back in New York for this relaunch, something that Ellis says helps Moon Knight stick out more.

The writer also praised the work of the art time, saying there's a "palpable atmosphere" to the work, and promising "page-wide panels" that provide a cinematic feel.

Moon Knight #1, part of the All-New Marvel NOW! spotlight and relaunch program from Marvel Comics, will debut in March

How did I do that?

I'm squealing like a bytch right now.

hyperventilating and shyt.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
$3.99 for a Moon Knight book that won't last 10 issues...pass

Sex Criminals was dope, I wish all Fraction books were this good

JackBrannigan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Can't wait for the new X-Factor. Seems like a pretty cool team...

Polaris
Gambit
Quiksilver
Danger
Cypher
Warlock

Peter David writing. :obama:

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They gotta face that change has to come, at some point. I didn't hear much racist shyt from Batwing.

It wasn't AS much as it was with other things, but you definitely had people complaining that it was a "P.C.", "Affirmative Action" book made to "Pander" to minorities.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Marvel is fukking shameless with using #1 issues to try and bump sales. They are canceling Daredevil with issue #36 in February and relaunching it with a new #1 in March with the exact same creative team as the canceled series.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Marvel is fukking shameless with using #1 issues to try and bump sales. They are canceling Daredevil with issue #36 in February and relaunching it with a new #1 in March with the exact same creative team as the canceled series.
All they did was increase the price to $3.99. Marvel is really making it hard for me to support books man