Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
hawkeye could just mean he is good at aiming. A good guy version of bullseye.

As weapons get more advanced i can not take a bow an arrow as seriously.

When Roy Harper became Arsenal (the identity he assumed between Speedy and red Arrow) he started carrying guns along with his bow and arrows plus knives and pretty much anything else he could use as a weapon.
There really isn't a reason why Hawkeye couldn't start doing the same...he is an expert marksman and he is a skilled sword fighter from being trained by The Swordsman.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
LOL that makes ZERO sense but I guess man.

Hawkeye walks into a hydra base and takes about a gang of troops with a bow an arrow while these dudes have automatic weapons. :dwillhuh:

It is not as if he is cap so i could give chalk it up to superhuman reflexes. but do not let it stop your level of enjoyment shyt I like Beta Ray bill and i dare anyone to find a fault with him.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Just finished checking out "Secret Six" by Gail Simone, Dope run, you should be able to find all 36 issues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Six_(comics)

Secret Six was a great series. I was hoping that Gail Simoe would have been given the Suicide Squad book in the new 52 because she had a nice handle on the criminals as leads in a series.
To this day Simone's Bane is my favorite iteration of the character.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Hawkeye walks into a hydra base and takes about a gang of troops with a bow an arrow while these dudes have automatic weapons. :dwillhuh:

Man using this logic about 85% of the marvel universe would be killed in a battle with a group of well armed crips. Its just comics. a shyt load of cats with basic power sets running around without any bullet proof vest or armor on.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps

Man using this logic about 85% of the marvel universe would be killed in a battle with a group of well armed crips. Its just comics. a shyt load of cats with basic power sets running around without any bullet proof vest on.

most have superhuman reflexes or some type of protection.

I like ultimate universe Hawkeye because they did just that they gave him guns. But characters like hawkeye and green arrow have there fans and are fairly popular despite there weapons. I can not explain it.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
most have superhuman reflexes or some type of protection.

I like ultimate universe Hawkeye because they did just that they gave him guns. But characters like hawkeye and green arrow have there fans and are fairly popular despite there weapons. I can not explain it.

STOP it. Very few characters are able to dodge bullets or shrug off gunshots.

And what's the issue you have with bow and arrows? it's not like that nikka don't got explosive tipped arrrows or acid tipped arrows or some other stupid shyt like that, and if you read the series, he uses whatever he can get his hands on.

Do you hate knives? you know people still use knives in real life right. Despite guns being widely available.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
STOP it. Very few characters are able to dodge bullets or shrug off gunshots.

And what's the issue you have with bow and arrows? it's not like that nikka don't got explosive tipped arrrows or acid tipped arrows or some other stupid shyt like that, and if you read the series, he uses whatever he can get his hands on.

Do you hate knives? you know people still use knives in real life right. Despite guns being widely available.

:blink:

you read a comic

excluding team books you have
Captain Marvel (bullet proof)
Daredevil (super human senses that allows him to anticipate danger)
Spiderman (spider sense)
Captain america (super human reflexes plus shield)
Gambit (his powers which give him super human reflexes)
etc..

Hawkeye is the only regular human carrying a marvel book.

and I have a problem with bow and arrows because humans stopped using them as offensive weapons when the gun became popular. for hunting a recreation sure but in an intense battle what would you rather have?

But now that I think about it Hawkeye and Green Arrow are from a time when Good guys did not use guns and mixed with nostalgia could be a reason why they never made the switch.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama

you read a comic

Daredevil (super human senses that allows him to anticipate danger)Can be shot
Spiderman (spider sense) Is the only person you named who has hardly been shot over the years(Punisher shot him to death in a What If tho)
Captain america (super human reflexes plus shield) Can be shot (hell he was murdered)
Gambit (his powers which give him super human reflexes) Can be shot (LOL Gambit, cmon man.)
etc..

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach

you read a comic

Daredevil (super human senses that allows him to anticipate danger)
Spiderman (spider sense)
Captain america (super human reflexes plus shield)
Gambit (his powers which give him super human reflexes)
etc..

Hawkeye is the only regular human carrying a marvel book.

and I have a problem with bow and arrows because humans stopped using them as offensive weapons when the gun became popular. for hunting a recreation sure but in an intense battle what would you rather have?

But now that I think about it Hawkeye and Green Arrow are from a time when Good guys did not use guns and mixed with nostalgia could be a reason why they never made the switch.

Ok, whatever ni99a the hawkeye book is a great book. Now please stop begging for attention like a fa99it. :win:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps

you read a comic

Daredevil (super human senses that allows him to anticipate danger)Can be shot
Spiderman (spider sense) Is the only person you named who has hardly been shot over the years(Punisher shot him to death in a What If tho)
Captain america (super human reflexes plus shield) Can be shot (hell he was murdered)
Gambit (his powers which give him super human reflexes) Can be shot (LOL Gambit, cmon man.)
etc..

anyone can be shot it is the ability to doge that you brought up and all the characters i mentioned have superhuman reflexes or an advantage that would allow them to doge bullets. Now you bringing up that they have been shot (and spiderman has been shot numerous times) is meaningless when these characters are dependent on a writer who has to think of new ways to make drama. But my whole point was that you said very few characters could doge bullets and that is just not true.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York