Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
That's the problem with avengers arena the characters no one cares about and are made up by the creator I believe are thriving . Who is that girl controlling robots and sonning x-23 like that?

I dont even know, but the fact that she's sharing her body with her twin or some shyt is the lamest thing I've seen in a minute. All those new characters are lame. How am I supposed to care about Generic Alantean Girl?

I don't know why but kid Loki got me into young avengers , and prodigy and speed possibly joining:noah:

Cause he's a smirking chessmaster and it doesn't seem like he's on anybody's side but his. He was the same in Journey into Mystery. Which was good, until they switched artists during that Hellstrom arc.

I don't like marvel boy but that scene where he was like come with me if you want to be awesome was kind of cool

Marvel Boy is a cool ass character with a cool and unique powerset, breh. You just wouldn't know it by paying attention to that worthless Avengers stint he did.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
If Alex knew the sonning Doom just went through at that table, he woulda just shut his mouth.

FFv2008-004_zps3eb0bdaf.jpg

This page will be remembered in time as a Top 10 Doom moment. That panel where he stands over Alex captures all the turning gears in Doom's mind right now, both the schooling he received from Reed and Strange as well as him literally being told what will be by a young Kang & co. Great stuff.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I dont even know, but the fact that she's sharing her body with her twin or some shyt is the lamest thing I've seen in a minute. All those new characters are lame. How am I supposed to care about Generic Alantean Girl?

Cause he's a smirking chessmaster and it doesn't seem like he's on anybody's side but his. He was the same in Journey into Mystery. Which was good, until they switched artists during that Hellstrom arc.

Marvel Boy is a cool ass character with a cool and unique powerset, breh. You just wouldn't know it by paying attention to that worthless Avengers stint he did.

I really expected to like Avengers Arena more than I am because the idea of teen heroes in a Battle Royale setting where they are forced to become extreme interested me but the new characters that have been created for the series suck and the characters that pre-existed have been used horribly except for Cammi (who really should be in Guardians of the Galaxy hanging out with Drax).

And Young Avengers has been pure shyt since issue one. It tries too hard to be hip and instead just comes off as lame plus the only character that has been worth a damn is Kid Loki. All the others have either been written horribly or just barely written for like has been the case with Marvel Boy.
I do have to admit to considerting this past issue with Speed and Prodigy to be the most enjoyable of the series though.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I had never even heard of this book...looks cool though.
Image is like the new Vertigo now with the wide array of outside the box books they are putting out.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I had never even heard of this book...looks cool though.
Image is like the new Vertigo now with the wide array of outside the box books they are putting out.

Image got that crack.

It's like they're writing good comics with the intention of one day getting them to the small or big screen....

and not taking existing characters with well established histories, critically acclaimed series and extremely happy fanbases and ruining them to make them small reflections of the Big Screen. :deadhorse:

Take Rucka's new series over there that debuted this week, which was described as "Part La Femme Nikita, part Highlander and part Road Warrior":

260613094514RR4f2DbTeK.jpg

It's already begging to be put on the CW, at least.

Right now I got Image ranked 2nd behind Valiant.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I really expected to like Avengers Arena more than I am because the idea of teen heroes in a Battle Royale setting where they are forced to become extreme interested me but the new characters that have been created for the series suck and the characters that pre-existed have been used horribly except for Cammi (who really should be in Guardians of the Galaxy hanging out with Drax).

I had been doing my best not to just flat out say "They Promised Me Battle Royale :sadcam:"

If this were Battle Royale, Nico would have been killed spur of the moment by X-23 in issue 3. lol

It really does feel like dude just thought he had some cool ideas for characters and wanted to write them somewhere.

Cause really, except for Mettle "dying"? I feel like none of this shyt matters one bit.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Image got that crack.

It's like they're writing good comics with the intention of one day getting them to the small or big screen....

and not taking existing characters with well established histories, critically acclaimed series and extremely happy fanbases and ruining them to make them small reflections of the Big Screen. :deadhorse:

Take Rucka's new series over there that debuted this week, which was described as "Part La Femme Nikita, part Highlander and part Road Warrior":

260613094514RR4f2DbTeK.jpg

It's already begging to be put on the CW, at least.

Right now I got Image ranked 2nd behind Valiant.

Lazarus was a realy good first issue...Rucka immediately grabbed me with the new world he created and Forever's conflict with her role in it.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I'm confused did Magik go back in time to meet Dr Strange in Uncanny X-Men

Watch Prodigy and Speed become gay lol that issue is probably the best issue of YA so far, they still got me salty that Patriot isn't on the team anymore

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had been doing my best not to just flat out say "They Promised Me Battle Royale :sadcam:"

If this were Battle Royale, Nico would have been killed spur of the moment by X-23 in issue 3. lol

It really does feel like dude just thought he had some cool ideas for characters and wanted to write them somewhere.

Cause really, except for Mettle "dying"? I feel like none of this shyt matters one bit.
Yeah I expect some resurrections or something at the end :why: but they did nico and Justin dirty... Have no idea why cammi is there
I'm confused did Magik go back in time to meet Dr Strange in Uncanny X-Men

Watch Prodigy and Speed become gay lol that issue is probably the best issue of YA so far, they still got me salty that Patriot isn't on the team anymore
I hope they don't become gay :to: I wonder if that's prodigy mutant powers tryin to come back but since he's mad about what happened he's subconsciously denying them .

What's up with Loki sayin he got his body stolen? I only read issues 4,5,6

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Anyone still reading teenage mutant ninja turtles? Looks like they're turning Leo heel since they mind wiped him and made him pledge allegiance to the shredder

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm a little late, just got back from vacation this weeks Justice League was good as usual, I'm not interested in the back up of Shazam but it was a good story and I'm glad its over with looking forward to seeing his role in trinity war and the new 52. Justice League of America was great, looking forward to next months issue and the martian manhunter back up is actually interesting. Aquaman wasn't that interesting this week but it was still a good issue. I bought Batman/Superman it was good but I dont know if it was necessary, maybe a team up book where one arc could be Batman/Superman, next arc would be Green Lantern and flash, Aquaman and wonderwoman, Cyborg and Batman or something.