Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Is this wise? I mean they dont need a superman the sentry is dead and they don't need to add another analog.

it gives gaiman a chance to finish his story if hr wants it, hrll it could be a good reason to bring marvel uk back and give us that deaths head series we were promised

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Is this wise? I mean they dont need a superman the sentry is dead and they don't need to add another analog.

They already have two active analogues that they actively half-ass, if not fully neglect.
  • Hyperion
  • Blue Marvel
They’ll scramble to reincorporate them (again) in a few years if/once they make their MCU appearances

parallax

Superstar
Daps
They already have two active analogues that they actively half-ass, if not fully neglect.
  • Hyperion
  • Blue Marvel
They’ll scramble to reincorporate them (again) in a few years if/once they make their MCU appearances

hyperion was just apart of heroes reborn, but i get your point. they break out the usual heavy hitters for events pretty much

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
hyperion was just apart of heroes reborn, but i get your point. they break out the usual heavy hitters for events pretty much

Yup. Heroes reborn... and then right back into the bushes

Kinda like "All New All Different Marvel" a few years back with the Squadron hype... then right back to bushes.

Ewing gave Blue Marvel a great push.. but the bushes were inevitable.

Company doesn't care about their DC analogues. Aaron gave us the best Nighthawk in years... nobody cares. MCU or bust. smh

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
With Inferno wrapping up Tomorrow, Hickman did a pretty interesting interview here 358 – Giant-Size Special #10 (starts at the 1 hr mark or close to it).

-He was supposed to write an Imperial Guard book that would develop the Phalanx storyline. The reason he wrote those 4 issues of New Mutants was to set up that story so the IG book was supposed to be pretty important. Makes sense considering how much he loves Sunspot.

-He reveals the reason those Giant Sized X-Men issues were a mess was because Marvel denied his original idea while the first issue was half way done. Hickman's plan was for Storm to be pregnant with T'Challa's kid (he would be the one from the Avengers next cartoon), he would be raised in The World and would be a big part of his original Endgame. The idea was nixed because there were other plans for Black Panther. He says it's the only time Marvel said "no" to him during this run.

-There was suppose to be a Gen X book. The idea being that every generation of mutants would have a book.

-He wrote Sinister this way because he always wanted Gillen to comebwck and ended up convincing him to return to Marvel.

-The only reason Al Ewing got into the X-Lime was because Hickman sold him the idea of writing the now infamous Moira X book that never happened. Ewing was iffy at first but then loved the idea.

-Hickman says part of what the Moira book was going to tackle was integrated to Inferno. But he says the biggest pieces of the Moira puzzle will be revealed after Inferno (probably in Immortal X-Men, I guess).

-Inferno's original title was Inmortal X-Men but they ended up giving that name to Gillen's book and changed it up.

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Good ending for Inferno #4. We already knew the ending had to punt to set up the relaunch and in that sense, it was a satisfying ending. Of course, this was clearly a goodbye by Hickman that had to adjust to everything else going in the X-Office so it doesn't really end with a bang.

Still:

The fight was :whoo: :ohlawd:

We continue to learn Moira's true goal. It really hurts we didn't get that Moira X book though, that would've been perfect considering were Hickman wanted to go with the character.

The ending:leon: :obama:

The table is served for Gillen and I'm all in for that Immortal X-Men book :feedme:

This coming weekly Wolverine series?? No idea what's gonna be the point of it. I'll give the first couple of issues a shot but I'm not that interested in it.