Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's DC's problem now.:umad:

Uh-uh, he's not exclusive. :umad:

unless they put him on Green Arrow he's gonna ruin shyt.

The fact that they still haven't done a Bendis/Maleev Green Arrow run despite Bendis holding both of them hostage is still :snoop: to me.

If Bendis doesn't want to do it, let Zdarsky have it since he's doing more work at DC lately.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody get any books on Prime Day?

Copped the Sandman Omnibus vol. 1 for $68 (originally $86), which was cheaper than what it was on InStockTrades or Cheap Graphic Novels. :ehh:

Amazon also had a buy two, get one free sale about a week ago, so I copped the Black Hammer Library Editions, which were already half off, so I basically got three for the price of one. :leon:

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
SWORD #6 was fantastic :wow: Ewing stays killing it.

Wakanda continues to be on some ":ufdup: we don't need you" to the mutants and it's awesome.

Now will you all stop bytching about Storm? :wow:

Mutants really are heat checking from half court to the entre galaxy :russ: the gala ending up being legit important.

THE PRETENDER :damn: @R=G this is the issue you wanna read.
Downloading now

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
SWORD #6 was fantastic :wow: Ewing stays killing it.

Wakanda continues to be on some ":ufdup: we don't need you" to the mutants and it's awesome.

Now will you all stop bytching about Storm? :wow:

Mutants really are heat checking from half court to the entre galaxy :russ: the gala ending up being legit important.

THE PRETENDER :damn: @R=G this is the issue you wanna read.
Ewing basically wiped away most of my biggest issues with the X-books in like 7 pages of S.W.O.R.D. #6.
Those last four pages were a combo of :whoo: and :mjgrin:

And the report from The Power Skrull to Hulkling has a lot of potential to be massive moving forward.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Infinite Frontier #1 was interesting I guess? I didn't bother with Snyder's Dark multiverse fukkery so I'm a little interesed in the premise of the book. But isn't it too much to have another crisis just after they had like 3 years of "everything is on the line and about to end forever"?
I liked Infinite Frontier precisely because it was more of a throwback to the old school days of multiple Earths and everyone knowing it which ended with the first Crisis.

Plus the Big Bad is Darkseid which I'm always up for a story where Darkseid is the main bad guy.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:gladbron: I didn't know a new Checkmate series was dropping today!

edit: It's by Bendis

source.gif
The first issue wasn't bad but Bendis really isn't the guy who should be writing a Checkmate book or any book about the spy world in the DCU.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Uh-uh, he's not exclusive. :umad:
Marvel don't want him back he's given them all he could.:umad:

The fact that they still haven't done a Bendis/Maleev Green Arrow run despite Bendis holding both of them hostage is still :snoop: to me.

If Bendis doesn't want to do it, let Zdarsky have it since he's doing more work at DC lately.
Jeff Lemire basically tried to copy their Daredevil on his GA run, seems like it would be a no brainer but Bendis wanna be all up in the video.:aicmon:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm gonna have to reread Ultimatum pretty soon because I'm reading Ultimate Spider-Man from the beginning. :lolbron:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
since im probably the only one reading the heroes reborn series, i must say considering its an aaron series, it wasnt too bad. kinda feel for some of the squadron though. they are fukked up in many ways.

on the xmen tip, its about time max dealt with that pretender shyt, especially since he cares about her but let exodus craft that narrative about her.
and its hilarious to see that human aligned space provinces arent drinking the arakko/krakoa kool aid. theres definetly gonna be a new illuminati and the seeds have already been sown, the only question is whos gonna at this council.

also, how long has krakoa been a thing comic time wise? how are there so many abandonded childen? how are there so many children with mutations before puberty, and how crazy is it for all that speak of mutants being better than humans that mutants like their predecessors are just as much pieces of shyt

and the speaker of arakko? i guess she offiicially has no standing in wakanda now, so are they gonna check her ass for stealing from them?

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Infinite Frontier #1 was interesting I guess? I didn't bother with Snyder's Dark multiverse fukkery so I'm a little interesed in the premise of the book. But isn't it too much to have another crisis just after they had like 3 years of "everything is on the line and about to end forever"?
I hope this is just a teaser series. Hopefully they don’t do the “Great Crisis” until another 2 years.

im a sucker for multiverse books, so I’m on board with this series.