Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
1 issue left for Doomsday Clock. Man, what a let down. Johns trying to do his best Moore made this feel forced and obviously unauthentic. The story felt uneventful. Bringing back the Comedian was dumb; dude came and went into oblivion.

Glad I didn’t read this as it happened. shyt took like 2 years to complete. I didn’t have any expectations for this and still felt disappointed. :francis:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pull list for this week:

Amazing Spider-Man #60
Crossover #4
Department of Truth vol. 1 TPB
Future State: Dark Detective #4
Future Stare: Batman/Superman #2
Future State: Superman vs. Imperious Lex #2
Future State: Superman House of El #1
I Breathed a Body #2
Kaiju Score #4
Ms. Marvel #18
The Next Batman Second Son #1
Symbiote Spider-Man King in Black #4
X-Men #18

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
X-Men #18 read quickly as fukk, very much a "part 1" issue. Would've been better to wait till #19 was out to read them both back to back :francis:

A lot of mutants getting powerups after XoS :leon: wonder why :patrice:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
X-Men #18 read quickly as fukk, very much a "part 1" issue. Would've been better to wait till #19 was out to read them both back to back :francis:

A lot of mutants getting powerups after XoS :leon: wonder why :patrice:

yeah, definitely gonna read better in trade. Honestly this post was exactly what I was gonna say

Meanwhile..... I cannot believe they found a way to fit in "Logan got memory problems" AGAIN (wolverine series)

like..... do we REALLY gotta go there

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
yeah, definitely gonna read better in trade. Honestly this post was exactly what I was gonna say

Meanwhile..... I cannot believe they found a way to fit in "Logan got memory problems" AGAIN (wolverine series)

like..... do we REALLY gotta go there

I haven't bothered with the Wolverine book since like issue 2. Percy doesn't do much for me, I dropped X-Force a while ago too.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
Stopped following comics after doom war. Whats the general consensus on what's DC doing now with this Future State? Is it any good? Also without any spoilers, any updates on Darkseid in canon? Last I read of him was in Justice League Odyssey and it wasn't that good.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Stopped following comics after doom war. Whats the general consensus on what's DC doing now with this Future State? Is it any good? Also without any spoilers, any updates on Darkseid in canon? Last I read of him was in Justice League Odyssey and it wasn't that good.
A couple of the Future State books are OK but the majority of them are :manny: and can be skipped.

And honestly everything in DC is in flux until after Future State is over and Infinite Frontier begins.
iyPhI0P.jpg

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
DC created a new universe in this week's Generations Forged comic.
So the DCU is one gigantic Omniverse where all the Multiverses exist but there is also something called the Linearverse in there too that is basically a universe where DCU's entire history takes place in one singular timeline on one Earth.

3XPtrw3.jpg

QBF3nfy.jpg

ccDlsYp.jpg

K0C6S79.jpg

kISkjGT.jpg

Seems like an unnecessary added layer of nonsense to me.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
the horrible thing about my opinion of DC's "LinearVerse" is that I should be mad.... but I don't even care.

"they just age slower". oh. okay.
I just don't understand why they are even bothering with it.
If a writer wanted to do a story about Batman from 1955 or something with The New Teen Titans set in 1983 then just make it an Elseworlds story.