Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
ASM 49 was really dope
I'm surprised they haven't revealed who Kindred was this issue I guess they'll save it for 50. Norman Osborn really fukked himself being a creep to Gwen. Dude really is a POS i think they even referenced Sins of the past with the happy times. :scust:
Wolverine 6 and X-force 13 were really dope I like this Solem character
What deal did he make with Logan at the end of the issue though to keep the blade? :patrice:

Marauders 13 was cool but
Storm could've easily waited a day for T'challa to get back she didn't even try to contact him. Typical comic book fight trope shyt. It is even shown T'challa would've gave up the sword for her

Thor 8 was pretty good
I love the flip on the JMS Thor Iron man fight and the ending scene with the mechanic guy was really good next arc looks good with the return of Donald Blake.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
i like how storm seems to think taking the sword is gonna have minimal consequences. and marvel really has no idea what to do with shuri do they?

If they insist on de-aging her and dumbing her down ("super genius" fighting an omega-level weather manipulator... with a knife?) then she might as well just join the champions and befriend Miles, Kamala, Riri etc.

Not ideal at all because she gotta be like... 25, but since they already got her and Riri acting the same age from there first meet up... :manny:

Nobody really cares about Shuri, anymore than Storm. But Storm at least has a defined role as wall paper/backup dancer with fellow backup dancers to interact with.

Shuri canonically is too old for the champions but is still considered/treated as the lil homie compared to the big boys and girls. Plus as a "I'm always in Wakanda" type, there's further limitations; habitually all dressed up with nowhere to go

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Ask what ppl want for TChalla in the movies and you'll hear illuminati, Ultimates, enemy of the state, king of the dead, etc..

Ask what they want for shuri... "oh, I want her to be BP! And then... and then..." *crickets*

Ask what they want for Storm... "Oh i want her to marry BP! And then... and then..." *crickets*

That's the underlying problem and end result with how those 2 have been handled.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The Solem character is dope. Good introduction. It's funny how these issues by Percy were the ones to make me realize how much Hickman is just copying East Of West with the children of Apocalypse.

:russ:

The Storm issue was trash. Feels like they are forcibly trying to pit Wakanda against Krakoa but doing it in the dumbest way possible. I refuse to believe anyone read this issue and believed Storm was in the right here, yet within the story itself they let her get away with it. Straight up terrible.

:francis:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
If they insist on de-aging her and dumbing her down ("super genius" fighting an omega-level weather manipulator... with a knife?) then she might as well just join the champions and befriend Miles, Kamala, Riri etc.

Not ideal at all because she gotta be like... 25, but since they already got her and Riri acting the same age from there first meet up... :manny:

Nobody really cares about Shuri, anymore than Storm. But Storm at least has a defined role as wall paper/backup dancer with fellow backup dancers to interact with.

Shuri canonically is too old for the champions but is still considered/treated as the lil homie compared to the big boys and girls. Plus as a "I'm always in Wakanda" type, there's further limitations; habitually all dressed up with nowhere to go

doesnt help that they did a 180 on her character. from a headstrong warrior to trying to synergize with the damn movie. if they tried deaging her but keeping her as the same smug warrior a$$hole, she could at least stand out. but a young girl super scientist? we have those in varying degrees

Ask what ppl want for TChalla in the movies and you'll hear illuminati, Ultimates, enemy of the state, king of the dead, etc..

Ask what they want for shuri... "oh, I want her to be BP! And then... and then..." *crickets*

Ask what they want for Storm... "Oh i want her to marry BP! And then... and then..." *crickets*

That's the underlying problem and end result with how those 2 have been handled.

thats a problem in general with people knowing of the characters, but not knowing about the characters.

its like people wanting namor to be the next bp villain despite him being a hero nore than being a villain.

storms marriage to bp was a waste of time, but people find out about it and push it without being aware of how trash it was

shuri being bp has a better chance now with chadwick being gone, but the character has been created as the goofy sidekick and its gonna be a hard read to make her like she used to be

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
How'd you all like the end of joker war?
A little anticlimactic but Joker did change Gotham and now Batman will be challenged by different types of protectors. I liked Batman leaving Jokers bum ass to die. Even though he knew the joker had the tech to get himself out. Crazy how the new Spider-Man and Batman issues did the same thing to their respective villains Green Goblin and Joker.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
doesnt help that they did a 180 on her character. from a headstrong warrior to trying to synergize with the damn movie. if they tried deaging her but keeping her as the same smug warrior a$$hole, she could at least stand out. but a young girl super scientist? we have those in varying degrees

thats a problem in general with people knowing of the characters, but not knowing about the characters.

its like people wanting namor to be the next bp villain despite him being a hero nore than being a villain.

storms marriage to bp was a waste of time, but people find out about it and push it without being aware of how trash it was

shuri being bp has a better chance now with chadwick being gone, but the character has been created as the goofy sidekick and its gonna be a hard read to make her like she used to be

I feel comic Shuri is in need of superhero peers/supporting cast in her age range. If this was DC, she'd be in that "Nightwing" peer class: too old for teen titans but a decade or two younger than your veteran Justice Leaguer. While Grayson can jump between either team (as mentor to the TT or premier young professional in the JL), he still has his own era of characters to fukk with that are clearly defined, if not an outright team at times (young justice, outsiders, etc).

Marvel may need to further cultivate that age bracket (so not Champions, but not veteran Avengers). Spider-man is the notable one perhaps but oversaturated. Maybe Yelena? Cloak? Dagger?? America Chavez? All scattered.

Hell, how much older are the "young avengers" from the champions or runaways? They all kids

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
How'd you all like the end of joker war?
I liked it. The new status quo in Gotham/with Batman has me intrigued and I am officially a fan of Punchline based on how she is working the system+media to get out of going to jail.
And Clownhunter is going to be an enjoyable problem...can't wait till he and Damian meet.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I feel comic Shuri is in need of superhero peers/supporting cast in her age range. If this was DC, she'd be in that "Nightwing" peer class: too old for teen titans but a decade or two younger than your veteran Justice Leaguer. While Grayson can jump between either team (as mentor to the TT or premier young professional in the JL), he still has his own era of characters to fukk with that are clearly defined, if not an outright team at times (young justice, outsiders, etc).

Marvel may need to further cultivate that age bracket (so not Champions, but not veteran Avengers). Spider-man is the notable one perhaps but oversaturated. Maybe Yelena? Cloak? Dagger?? America Chavez? All scattered.

Hell, how much older are the "young avengers" from the champions or runaways? They all kids
If Marvel didn't kill then piss all over the New Warriors they could be the team that Shuri would be a part of.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Whats Shuri's interaction like with Black Widow, She Hulk, Carol, and Wasp? Sue Richards? Didn't T'Challa try to bang Sue before?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Wolverine's quest to get the Muramasa sword was dope. I agree that Solem got a really good introduction here. Wouldn't believe Percy wrote those issues if I hadn't checked out who did it :pachaha:

Marauders was probably the worst X-Book I've red since the relaunch. None of what Storm said or did made any fukking sense. She's the only one that is in a hurry when we already know it took Logan 3 days and when she arrives at Krakoa ther's still 7 fukking people left to get their sword. And T'Challa let her leave with it anyway, which made her look like a fukking a$$hole AND a moron. What a weird read.

:mjlol: at Vita Ayala getting 1 issue and THAT'S what she writes :dead: