Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Magically powered enemies and occasional one off magic centered stories isn't what I'm talking about.
I'm talking about mutant prophecies over magic swords; all the stuff with Apoc's family in Otherworld and stuff like that.
The issues of X_Men where Kulan Gath magically turned the MU into a Conan World is one of my favorite X-Men stories. But that isn't the same as what is going on with X of Swords.

Eh, think of the Summoner as the talking necklace that opens up this world they never knew existed and it's fairly parallel minus most of NYC heroes forgetting who they are.

Also prophecies/swords/Merlin/Roma/Otherworld are all hand in hand with each other and have been in X books since Claremont brought in Betsy & Brian from Captain Britain.

Not saying you've got to enjoy it if it's not your lane of what you enjoy in X-Men, but it is very X-Men.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Magically powered enemies and occasional one off magic centered stories isn't what I'm talking about.
I'm talking about mutant prophecies over magic swords; all the stuff with Apoc's family in Otherworld and stuff like that.
The issues of X_Men where Kulan Gath magically turned the MU into a Conan World is one of my favorite X-Men stories. But that isn't the same as what is going on with X of Swords.

I don't know breh. To me it's as simple as a retcon for Apocalypse to make a different and cool (well, that's always subjective but the intention is to make it cool) event. The magic, tarot and Otherworld fukkery is mumbo jumbo to try to explain such fukkery and give a new twist to a typical "choose your champion" story :manny:

I'm not saying you should like it or anything like that, but I don't see the big deal :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Yeah. I loved the superscience X-Men. On another note I think I want Hickman on BP.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't know breh. To me it's as simple as a retcon for Apocalypse to make a different and cool (were, that's always subjective but the intention is to make it cool) event. The magic, tarot and Otherworld fukkery is mumbo jumbo to try to explain such fukkery and give a new twist to a typical "choose your champion" story :manny:

I'm not saying you should like it or anything like that, but I don't see the big deal :yeshrug:
It's not a big deal. I just am not a fan of this specific type of mystic mumbo jumbo when it comes to X-Men stories.