Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
HVMPSfq.jpg

:mjcry:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I guess Hickman isn't for everyone. I've seen several people say they didn't like X of Swords.
I personally loved it. Also Hickman is the type of writer who will expound on your Apocalypse complaint as the story progresses (probably).
I Love Hickman. I loved his Avengers run. I loved SHIELD: Architects of Forever. I liked East of West. This just seems unnecessary - For the record I also love his current X-men minus a few things but this adding on to the mythos, just feels cluttered.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Avengers #36...

I don't think i've seen comic book T'Challa dog-walk a known character in a fight like that... in ages..

Not since he dogged Deadpool in Deadpool's own book 3-4 years ago when DP broke into Ultimates HQ

the thanks moon knight gets for saving him from a coma :mjlol:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
X-Factor 4 (well, X of Swords #2 :heh:)

Well damn :mjcry: Saturnyne a fukked up bytch :pacspit:

This whole issue was basically done to explain that death means death during this event. But this is comics so we know it doesn't mean that anyway. It's one of the reasons why I don't agree with people complaining about making deaths "cheap" in mutant books when to me, deaths in comics are horrendously cheap 90% of the time anyway :manny:

Regarding the event as a whole, I gotta say that I didn't expect XoS to practically be a tournament arc in a manga but it seems we are going in that direction and I'm excited to read it :leon:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'm not disliking X of Swords I'm just whelmed by it. I just have never been a fan of introducing mystical prophecies and shyt like that into certain comic characters.

I didn't like it when they did it with Spider-Man and I am not a fan of it with the X-Men either.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Avengers #36...

I don't think i've seen comic book T'Challa dog-walk a known character in a fight like that... in ages..

Not since he dogged Deadpool in Deadpool's own book 3-4 years ago when DP broke into Ultimates HQ
He whooped Moon Knight's ass. :lolbron:

But this is yet another arc in this book that just isn't clicking for me. Messed up part is that it seemed to be a storyline I would enjoy for about an issue and a half but then it just went the way of every other story that Aaron has done on this book.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
My favorite reads of the week:

The Immortal Hulk: The Threshing Place one shot by Jeff Lemire.

Lemire writes in that pseudo horror style that works so well with The Hulk and that Al Ewing has been doing good stuff with in the main book. An Mike Del Mundo's moody art was perfect for the story Lemire was telling.
The only criticism I have is that this felt like it had enough meat to it for a limited series and I would've love to have gotten that.

Batman: Joker War Zone specifically the first story where Joker visits Bane in Arkham. James Tynion hit all the right beats with that short story and set up what will potentially be an epic face off between Bane and Joker down the line.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
My favorite reads of the week:

The Immortal Hulk: The Threshing Place one shot by Jeff Lemire.

Lemire writes in that pseudo horror style that works so well with The Hulk and that Al Ewing has been doing good stuff with in the main book. An Mike Del Mundo's moody art was perfect for the story Lemire was telling.
The only criticism I have is that this felt like it had enough meat to it for a limited series and I would've love to have gotten that.

Batman: Joker War Zone specifically the first story where Joker visits Bane in Arkham. James Tynion hit all the right beats with that short story and set up what will potentially be an epic face off between Bane and Joker down the line.
That immortal hulk one-shot was great :wow:

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not disliking X of Swords I'm just whelmed by it. I just have never been a fan of introducing mystical prophecies and shyt like that into certain comic characters.

I didn't like it when they did it with Spider-Man and I am not a fan of it with the X-Men either.

Mysticism/magic has been a part of X books for the longest though.

Juggernaut's powers are from magic (X-Men #12) and Chuck has a damned N'Garai Cairn in his backyard that spits out demons time to time (X-Men #96)

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Mysticism/magic has been a part of X books for the longest though.

Juggernaut's powers are from magic (X-Men #12) and Chuck has a damned N'Garai Cairn in his backyard that spits out demons time to time (X-Men #96)
Magically powered enemies and occasional one off magic centered stories isn't what I'm talking about.
I'm talking about mutant prophecies over magic swords; all the stuff with Apoc's family in Otherworld and stuff like that.
The issues of X_Men where Kulan Gath magically turned the MU into a Conan World is one of my favorite X-Men stories. But that isn't the same as what is going on with X of Swords.