Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
The deal for this book was done in 2018 though. And the subject matter is basically what John Ridley tends to focus on with his work in TV and film.
If I hear it's good, I'll check it.

I'm about to read that comic from that Mr. Terrific post above.

I hate the pandering in modern entertainment. They lead with race, sexuality, etc. and you don't even know what the story is about.

I need more than BLACK CHARACTERS...owned by white people...BUY OUR BOOK.

But, I'll peep if it's good.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
People have been sleeping on Hawkman and the last ending of issue #26 was :mjgrin::gladbron:

RY0ZYXK.jpg

wRUJN6O.jpg
Feel like a lot of people are sleeping on Venditti's work in general. He's not one of those pompous writers who try to make every story into the biggest story ever, just a writer who sets out a clear arc for his main character(s) and then just delivers.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
DC cancels Teen Titans, Young Justice, Suicide Squad, Hawkman, and more

Following the cancellations of Batgirl, Batman and The Outsiders, and Justice League Odyssey in October, more DC titles are scheduled to get the ax in November. DC's just-released November solicitations reveal that Teen Titans, Young Justice, Suicide Squad, Hawkman, and John Constantine: Hellblazer are all ending in November – with a cryptic message about Aquaman that makes the title's fate questionable. The Batman's Grave and Metal Men limited series will also reach their planned end in November.

Read more...

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Feel like a lot of people are sleeping on Venditti's work in general. He's not one of those pompous writers who try to make every story into the biggest story ever, just a writer who sets out a clear arc for his main character(s) and then just delivers.
And DC just canceled the book.:unimpressed:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I had a feeling Teen Titans was going to get cancelled. Shyt fell off hard after terminus agenda.
Yeah Teen Titans has been aimless for a while.

Shocked that Bendis' Young Justice got the chop. Makes me think that a new Teen Titans or Young Justice book will be coming out that is more inline with the TV shows.

The books getting canceled that really bums me out are Suicide Squad and Hawkman. Tom Taylor and Robert Venditti were killing it on those two books.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
DC cancels Teen Titans, Young Justice, Suicide Squad, Hawkman, and more

Following the cancellations of Batgirl, Batman and The Outsiders, and Justice League Odyssey in October, more DC titles are scheduled to get the ax in November. DC's just-released November solicitations reveal that Teen Titans, Young Justice, Suicide Squad, Hawkman, and John Constantine: Hellblazer are all ending in November – with a cryptic message about Aquaman that makes the title's fate questionable. The Batman's Grave and Metal Men limited series will also reach their planned end in November.

Read more...
Damn, I really liked Suicide Squad

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yeah Suicide Squad will definitely come back.
The consensus opinion is that most of the canceled books will come back soon but be more in line with how the characters are depicted in other media.
So the Suicide Squad will consist of the characters being used in the movie.
I wonder if that means they plan on re-designing Aquaman to look like Jason Momoa?

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Random comics crap on my brain:

1. Anybody fans of that wild and sexually graphic Image Comic “Sex”? Also do they still print new issues or nah?

2. I think Shadow King is behind everything in Hickman’s X-Men and secretly controlling Charles. Think about it. He’s tha ONLY powerhouse mutant or villain that’s not on Krakoa.

3. The Batman Who Laughs is THE most overpowered character in comics. Next they gonna have him cross into the Marvel Universe and put on the Infinity Gauntlet.

4. I wish Marvel would let one of their “big events” be a street character based one. Luke Cage, Daredevil, Elektra, Punisher, Iron Fist, etc., The last street character big event we got was “Shadowland”.

5. I finally saw the fate of Hank Pym. Wtf?! I wish they’d let Dan Slott use him n rehabilitate his character. He treated the character with respect in his “Mighty Avengers” run.

6. Is The Hood completely a demon now with NO trace of Parker Robbins?

7. I miss the “Heroic Age” when Marvel has a slew of new characters, teams, and concepts.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Random comics crap on my brain:

2. I think Shadow King is behind everything in Hickman’s X-Men and secretly controlling Charles. Think about it. He’s tha ONLY powerhouse mutant or villain that’s not on Krakoa.

The Shadow King is on Krakoa. He was shown in Empyre: X-Men #2. He was in the splash page where all the Krokoan telepaths come through the gate.
For some reason that bothered me. Out of all the villains on Krakoa, I'm not sure why I couldn't believe they let the Shadow King be there.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
The Shadow King is on Krakoa. He was shown in Empyre: X-Men #2. He was in the splash page where all the Krokoan telepaths come through the gate.
For some reason that bothered me. Out of all the villains on Krakoa, I'm not sure why I couldn't believe they let the Shadow King be there.

None of them should be there.