Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
faaSGaM.jpg

We need Al Ewing on a Ben Grimm miniseries ASAP.:wow:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
John Ridley Unveils 'The Other History of the DC Universe'

The Oscar-winning '12 Years A Slave' writer unpicks the hidden stories behind the comic book universe's 80-plus year mythology.

Years after the completion of the second outing of his alternate history series The American Way, 12 Years A Slave screenwriter John Ridley is returning to comics to reveal The Other History of the DC Universe. The long-awaited series, exploring DC’s lengthy comic book mythology from a new angle, has been newly scheduled for a November release.

The five-part series, originally announced in 2018, re-examines important and iconic moments from DC’s comic book history from the point of view of characters from traditionally disenfranchised groups, including Jefferson Pierce — better known as Black Lightning — and Renee Montoya (The Question). Giuseppe “Cammo” Camuncoli, Andrea Cucchi, and colorist José Villarrubia are the artists for the series, with covers from Camuncoli and Jamal Campbell (Far Sector, Naomi).

The Other History of the DC Universe will begin Nov. 24, with the series being released every second month from that point forward.

Read the Q&A with John Ridley.

1Y06IeE.jpg
Montoya Question. :camby:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Venom 27 This is getting interesting I’m trying to figure out if it’s in the Ultimate universe but yeah the end was crazy with
the Agent Venom symbiotes being separate from the hive and Anne Weynning being the leader. These new powers for Venom reminds me of the 2099 end one-shot. Especially the energy blast

Immortal Hulk 36 my man Hulk can’t catch a break and Joe Bennet is doing the work of his career on this book Kinda pissed it was short though :francis:
Leader is spreading anger to all the people in the area using Gamma Radiation :ohhh:

Amazing Spider-Man 46
I’m liking this new version of Sin Eater dude is coming off pretty intimidating
what’s his end goal though and what sins does Norah Have :patrice:

X-force 11
These little russian freaks causing hella fukkery with their small knifes :russ:

Marauders 11
Good to see Kitty back I wonder what made that specific egg bring back Kitty and allow her to phase through it

Last edited:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
The five-part series, originally announced in 2018, re-examines important and iconic moments from DC’s comic book history from the point of view of characters from traditionally disenfranchised groups
:unimpressed:

We have to stop letting entertainment get a pop off black pain.

A percentage should go to George Floyd's family, because that's why they're doing this.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I finally understood why the fukkery of X-Men Empyre is so all over the place. They went wit the "every writers does a few pages trying to solve the issue the previous one created while at the same time creating a new problem for the next writer to have" gimmick they did last year for that Spiderman book :mjlol:

I've enjoyed the mess they've created but this issue felt more like filler than the others. At least Hickman is finishing it up next week.

Marauders was good, missed the last couple of isses so seeing the Kitty plot somewhat resolved was nice :ehh:

Empyre #5 was meh again, at least it ends next week :lolbron:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With Mikel Janin now on art duties this is the best Wonder Woman's book has looked in a long time:

aSAOGxl.jpg

fnS43I3.jpg

Controversial opinion: Mikel Janin's work is very hit or miss for me.

Sometimes it works (New 52 Justice League Dark), sometimes it doesn't (Tom King Batman).

This is probably one the better ones, but Wonder Woman hasn't had particularly impressive art since Cliff Chiang.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Amazing Spider-Man 46
I’m liking this new version of Sin Eater dude is coming off pretty intimidating
what’s his end goal though and what sins does Norah Have :patrice:
That Sin Eater one shot turned me off to this whole storyline just because they went supernatural with it and the best thing about the OG Sin Eater story is that it was just a normal guy who lost it and started terrorizing folks.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:unimpressed:

We have to stop letting entertainment get a pop off black pain.

A percentage should go to George Floyd's family, because that's why they're doing this.
The deal for this book was done in 2018 though. And the subject matter is basically what John Ridley tends to focus on with his work in TV and film.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Controversial opinion: Mikel Janin's work is very hit or miss for me.

Sometimes it works (New 52 Justice League Dark), sometimes it doesn't (Tom King Batman).

This is probably one the better ones, but Wonder Woman hasn't had particularly impressive art since Cliff Chiang.
I think Janin's work on Batman was a bit meh because Tom King had him basically drawing static shots of people having conversation 99% of the time. And for me it didn't help that Joelle Jones was in the mix on art duties around that time and her work had so much more energy and pop to it than Janin's.

In Wonder Woman's two issues so far there has been a lot of action for him to draw so he seems to be stretching a lot more.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I finally understood why the fukkery of X-Men Empyre is so all over the place. They went wit the "every writers does a few pages trying to solve the issue the previous one created while at the same time creating a new problem for the next writer to have" gimmick they did last year for that Spiderman book :mjlol:

I've enjoyed the mess they've created but this issue felt more like filler than the others. At least Hickman is finishing it up next week.
At least give credit to where it started breh, DC brought this gimmick back with the Kamandi series and it was actually really good overall.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
At least give credit to where it started breh, DC brought this gimmick back with the Kamandi series and it was actually really good overall.

I'm as casual a comic book reader can be, only going with the little a know of breh :pachaha: