Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
bruce banner's a square tho :skip: that's different. Doom needs to feel intimidating. I agree with the rest of your post nonetheless. Less fitting casting have pulled it off in the past...

Doom is deformed and never takes off the mask, doesn't matter much who they cast, it's pretty much a formality unless there's an origin story being told

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Dr Doom in the MCU! Would be insane to see the Fantastic 4 and Dr Doom in the MCU one day. : marvelstudios

9tga9vmxv1c31.jpg

I'm leaning Christoph Waltz bring him in as God-Emperor Doom. Narrate for 10 mins then flash back to Nikolaj or whoever as Doom for a movie or two. Establish his character. Lead into Secret Wars where we pick up as Doom 25 years into his reign. Everyone is older. Movie ends and reset to all the younger cast.

No doubt that both dudes could pull of the role of Doom but I think MCU is going to go with younger actors and do the FF movie as an origin story.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
All I know is that whoever is cast as Doom gotta be talented because he's gonna have to pull off some outlandish fukking quotes that sound hilarious or ridiculous in a vacuum, but that land perfectly for his character.

They failed with Thor and ended up giving dude a "surfer/bro" gimmick that worked very well, but I don't think they can do the same thing with Doom.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
All I know is that whoever is cast as Doom gotta be talented because he's gonna have to pull off some outlandish fukking quotes that sound hilarious or ridiculous in a vacuum, but that land perfectly for his character.

They failed with Thor and ended up giving dude a "surfer/bro" gimmick that worked very well, but I don't think they can do the same thing with Doom.

real nikka.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Tried watching Dr. Strange (1978) before the last movie came out. :mjlol: movie was more about the woman than Strange

They had the nerve to make a quick buck off Marvel Check out the plastic shield at :30

Spider Man for the time looked alright. That stuntman @:13 was really swinging on that rope though:ehh:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Tried watching Dr. Strange (1978) before the last movie came out. :mjlol: movie was more about the woman than Strange

:bryan: I was all the way high full tilt trying to watch this.

:mjlol: I remember morgan sent this "badass" demon with a "real" demon name to kill Clea and Strange.

Morgan: Kill the woman, but bring the man to me. :mjlit:

:russ: Demon showed up, Strange just told that nikka to leave..... and he left :laff::laff::laff:

:patrice: I also..... kinda... remember The Nameless One laying that ultra slick pimp like verbal smackdown on Morgan before turning her old

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
:bryan: I was all the way high full tilt trying to watch this.

:mjlol: I remember morgan sent this "badass" demon with a "real" demon name to kill Clea and Strange.

Morgan: Kill the woman, but bring the man to me. :mjlit:

:russ: Demon showed up, Strange just told that nikka to leave..... and he left
:laff::laff::laff:

:patrice: I also..... kinda... remember The Nameless One laying that ultra slick pimp like verbal smackdown on Morgan before turning her old
:heh:
Dr. Strange: Go home.
Demon: ok
Dr. Strange :leon::myman:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished Hey Kids! Comics! by Howard Chaykin. It takes the nostalgic rose tinted goggles off the comics industry during the silver age and follows three creators through the shyt they had to deal with during that time and current day. The names are changed from their real life counter parts and I'm guessing some parts of this story is based on actual events that insiders would only know