Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Have they said anything about when Saga's coming back? Before the coronavirus, Image had released solicitations for June, and there was still no mention of it.

I just got caught up on Killadelphia. Imagine if it was a movie with Denzel and Michael B Jordan maybe get Peele to produce it..... It would be like printing money

The dad resembles Phil Morris to me, so I always read him in his voice.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
WeIh6sJ.jpg

G9G9eS1.jpg

FQRQXCA.jpg

:picard:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel Comics to Release Select New Digital-Only Titles on May 13th and May 20th

Marvel Comics to Release Select New Digital-Only Titles on May 13th and May 20th
Leading up to Marvel Comics’ in-store releases later this month, Marvel will release titles like 'Ant-Man,' 'Ghost-Spider,' 'Hawkeye: Freefall' and more for fans to escape into the Marvel Universe!
BY MARVEL
Over the next two weeks, new issues for series like ANT-MAN, GHOST-SPIDER, HAWKEYE: FREEFALL, and more will be made available digitally for readers to access from their own homes. These comics will only be available as digital comics for the time being; however, they will be available in print collections later this year for fans looking to add them to their Marvel bookshelves. More information about these comics will be shared at a later date.

To jump into these new issues or start from the very beginning, download the Marvel Comics app for iOS or Android, or visit the Marvel Digital Comics Shop as well as comiXology!

Marvel’s in-store comic book release schedule will resume Wednesday, May 27. To learn more, visit Marvel.com, and be sure to ask your local comic book shop about their current business policies to observe social distancing or other services they may offer, including holding or creating pull lists, curbside pick-ups, special deliveries and other options to accommodate. Find and support your local comic book shop at comicshoplocator.com or by visiting marvel.com/lovecomicshops.

MARVEL COMICS RELEASE SCHEDULE (DIGITAL ONLY):
Wednesday, May 13:
Wednesday, May 20:
To find a comic shop near you, visit www.comicshoplocator.com!

This doesn't really affect me since I'm digital-only and I wasn't reading any of these books anyway, but it does suck for the people that already bought the previous issues in floppies and now have to switch formats to finish the story.

If they were gonna go digital- and trade-only on certain titles, they would have been better off doing books like the Outlawed tie-ins, like New Warriors, Children of the Atom, and maybe Champions. Those books were already getting shytted on and comic shops weren't likely to order very many copies anyway. They also seem like books that would appeal the the same market (at least in theory) as the DC YA OGNs.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Dr Doom in the MCU! Would be insane to see the Fantastic 4 and Dr Doom in the MCU one day. : marvelstudios

9tga9vmxv1c31.jpg

I'm leaning Christoph Waltz bring him in as God-Emperor Doom. Narrate for 10 mins then flash back to Nikolaj or whoever as Doom for a movie or two. Establish his character. Lead into Secret Wars where we pick up as Doom 25 years into his reign. Everyone is older. Movie ends and reset to all the younger cast.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I'm leaning Christoph Waltz bring him in as God-Emperor Doom. Narrate for 10 mins then flash back to Nikolaj or whoever as Doom for a movie or two. Establish his character. Lead into Secret Wars where we pick up as Doom 25 years into his reign. Everyone is older. Movie ends and reset to all the younger cast.
Sounds interesting, only thing bugging me is christoph's height and vocal affectations...:patrice:

I know tony's way taller than RDJ and they made it work, but this one seems kinda immutable... :francis:

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Sounds interesting, only thing bugging me is christoph's height and vocal affectations...:patrice:

I know tony's way taller than RDJ and they made it work, but this one seems kinda immutable... :francis:
Doom wears a suit with a mask over his face. Leaves a lot of wiggle room for CGI.
Mark Ruffalo was the hulk

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Doom wears a suit with a mask over his face. Leaves a lot of wiggle room for CGI.
Mark Ruffalo was the hulk
bruce banner's a square tho :skip: that's different. Doom needs to feel intimidating. I agree with the rest of your post nonetheless. Less fitting casting have pulled it off in the past...