Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Asalam kind friends,

What is Marvel's obsession with pushing kitty pryde as leader/headliner over storm in these x books?

It's not like her non-existent solo books sell more. Is it because she's white?

Shukran,

I will say this. In this New Hickman X-Men, so far Storm has had a pretty strong presence.
That being said, I agree with you, I just don't understand the Kitty Pryde push.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I will say this. In this New Hickman X-Men, so far Storm has had a pretty strong presence.
That being said, I agree with you, I just don't understand the Kitty Pryde push.
you dont understand,
or are you choosing not to understand?

Bx4x1wA.png

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
WIth the Kitty Pride push, I think it was just her turn. But just like Danvers, it's been trash...and overextended.

Storm been wallpaper for a minute though. Most X-Writers don't know how X-Books work...and write them like Generic Team Alpha. I will say that's the one thing Hickman is doing correctly, with HoX being written from Prof X's perspective, and everyone else playing off of it.

Damn...I'm still mad Mr & Mrs X was canceled. That book was my ish.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Did anyone read Spider Man - Full Circle?

That shyt was a really fun clusterfukk :mjlol:

They basically gave every big Marvel writer 10 pages and each had to follow the previous person's story (and get Spidey out of the jam each writer put him). This of course lead to a bunch of out of left field fukkery :russ: the last 10 pages is collaboration between all 7 and the book ends with an email chain with everyone figuring out how the fukk to get out of the mess they created (most likely a gimmick instead of legit emails, but still) and it's a really cool read.

Not sure how I'd feel if I bought it but it's definitely a very fun read for a download.

The order of writers was:
Jonathan Hickman
Gerry Duggan
Nick Spencer
Kelly Thompson
Al Ewing
Chip Zdarsky
Jason Aaron

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Asalam kind friends,

What is Marvel's obsession with pushing kitty pryde as leader/headliner over storm in these x books?

Shukran,
Huh? Storm and Cyclops lead the main X book

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

They basically gave every big Marvel writer 10 pages and each had to follow the previous person's story (and get Spidey out of the jam each writer put him). This of course lead to a bunch of out of left field fukkery :russ: the last 10 pages is collaboration between all 7 and the book ends with an email chain with everyone figuring out how the fukk to get out of the mess they created (most likely a gimmick instead of legit emails, but still) and it's a really cool read.

Not sure how I'd feel if I bought it but it's definitely a very fun read for a download.

Jonathan Hickman
Gerry Duggan
Nick Spencer
Kelly Thompson
Al Ewing
Chip Zdarsky
Jason Aaron

DC did something like this with a maxi-series decades ago. Fun read, but it was a clusterfukk with characters.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

Jonathan Hickman
Gerry Duggan
Nick Spencer
Kelly Thompson
Al Ewing
Chip Zdarsky
Jason Aaron
DC did something like this with a maxi-series decades ago. Fun read, but it was a clusterfukk with characters.
DC also had the 12 issue Kamandi Challenge miniseries a year or two ago where each issue was done by a different creative team and ended with a cliffhanger.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Asalam kind friends,

Shukran,

She was Claremont and bendis' pet mutant, and the stink of bendis isn't off her yet, so I guess they want to give her some shine where she doesn't look like a complete a$$hole, even though she potentially killed two dudes in Marauder's.
I liked Marauders. :yeshrug:

Omega level mutants ain't doing nothing if their powers dont work. They not operating in KillerMoviez comic debate mode, breh :mjlol:

Honestly that mutant jammer is how you get rid of mutants once and for all. Launch jammer missiles at the island and then clean house. I mean that would only leave the summers family on the moon, but they can get dunked on too. I hope Charles has a contingency plan if the reavers or purifiers decide to make a run at krakoa

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
This February, the X-Men's "Dawn of X" status quo is reaching out into the broader Marvel Universe - beginning with the Fantastic Four.

As teased in House of X #1, the four-issue X-Men/Fantastic Four title will explore how the broader Marvel U takes to this revitalized and re-organized mutantkind - specifically dealing with Fantastic Four's Franklin Richards, considered one of the most powerful mutants of all time.
Marvel 2-in-One's Chip Zdarsky returns to the Richards family in this crucial moment, joined by long-time X-Men artists Terry and Rachel Dodson for a story described as having both "quiet family moments and giant explosive moments". Announced just now at London's MCM Comic Con, Zdarsky spoke with Newsarama about this new series scheduled to debut in February.

Nrama: And Lastly - this would seemingly allow you to use any FF member or any mutant (Hickman and Marvel editor Tom Brevoort willing), so can we expect some surprises? Can you name any favorite mutants you’re going to use or wish to use?

Zdarsky: Hmm, I don’t want to spoil anything, but I can definitely say that I love writing Xavier and Magneto with their current dynamic. I’m using as many of the X-Men as we can squeeze in here and it’s been a blast. Emma is everything. And coming back to write Ben Grimm is a delight!

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I liked it. It was haunting to see the Hulk as a sadistic planet killing monster. I didnt like the design tho it was just regular Hulk with Kirby Circles...I wish it had been more monstrous in a HP Lovecraft way.

And yknow damn well Al Ewings British ass is all about esoteric science fiction :pachaha:

That same shyt is why I find Si Spurriers work so needlessly obtuse and dense
Y'all excited for the Hulk vs OG Hulk fight?