Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Im not gonna lie I felt the book was PERFECT.

It's started to slow down in quality from a 5 star book to a 4-4/12 star book, though. thats just been over the last 2 issues or so.

last two issues were a little light but still cool. This and DD are similar in the light hearted tone and characterization...probably why I enjoy both

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
last two issues were a little light but still cool. This and DD are similar in the light hearted tone and characterization...probably why I enjoy both

yeah. the best way I can describe the feeling that reading Hawkeye gives me is that it feels more like I'm reading a comic book.

and I know someone ould look at what I just typed and be like "but they're ALL comic books!"...

I dunno, man. That's the only way I can wrap my head around it that makes sense.

The art, pacing, writing... the back and forth between him and Kate Bishop... the situations they find themselves in...

It feels more like a "comic book" than the greater majority of comics do.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Speaking of Hawkeye, has anybody else noticed that since the Avengers movie, they seem hellbent on making Hawkeye this super spy mercenary SHIELD operative... more like his Ultimate counterpart?

They had him in the series with that damn videotape, he's in Secret Avengers doing stuff for SHIELD getting fukked over by nikkalaus Fury, now in Age of Ultron he thinks he's Ollie Queen from the "Arrow" TV series, killing folks left and right.

When they asked Bendis about it in an interview, dude was like "It just seems like this is the kind of environment that Hawkeye would be used to... that war torn, back against the wall, "kill or be killed" type of environment." (paraphrased)

.......since when, though?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Speaking of Hawkeye, has anybody else noticed that since the Avengers movie, they seem hellbent on making Hawkeye this super spy mercenary SHIELD operative... more like his Ultimate counterpart?

They had him in the series with that damn videotape, he's in Secret Avengers doing stuff for SHIELD getting fukked over by nikkalaus Fury, now in Age of Ultron he thinks he's Ollie Queen from the "Arrow" TV series, killing folks left and right.

When they asked Bendis about it in an interview, dude was like "It just seems like this is the kind of environment that Hawkeye would be used to... that war torn, back against the wall, "kill or be killed" type of environment." (paraphrased)

.......since when, though?

Since never. Hawkeye would be more likely to start his version of Heroes for Hire than he would be to join a spy organization.
The total revamp of his characterization is one of the reasons why I can't get into his book.
The dude is supposed to be the sarcastic, sometimes sad sack every man hero not some bootleg James Bond who takes on spy missions and has every woman in the Marvel U flinging their panties at him.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Since never. Hawkeye would be more likely to start his version of Heroes for Hire than he would be to join a spy organization.
The total revamp of his characterization is one of the reasons why I can't get into his book.
The dude is supposed to be the sarcastic, sometimes sad sack every man hero not some bootleg James Bond who takes on spy missions and has every woman in the Marvel U flinging their panties at him.

His book is him as a sarcastic sometimes sad sack hero. He's more so a guy who's usually in over his head ( even against local hoods) and is easily flustered by complex social situations (" Everyone calm down for a sex....SEC!!!!) He can't even get his neighbors to say his name right :heh:

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
yeah. the best way I can describe the feeling that reading Hawkeye gives me is that it feels more like I'm reading a comic book.

and I know someone ould look at what I just typed and be like "but they're ALL comic books!"...

I dunno, man. That's the only way I can wrap my head around it that makes sense.

The art, pacing, writing... the back and forth between him and Kate Bishop... the situations they find themselves in...

It feels more like a "comic book" than the greater majority of comics do.

616 Hawkeye is lame compared to Ultimate Hawkeye

same with 616 Nick Fury and that fakkit Marcus Johnson/Nick Fury Jr

I think the movies kinda based them off the ultimate universe

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
[URL=http://pimpandhost.com/image/20652808-original.html][IMG]http://ist2-1.filesor.com/pimpandhost.com/5/7/4/4/57445/1/o/E/J/1oEJO/spidermanbytches.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
Great to see that arrogant prick Captain America reduced to groveling in a corner. Thats what he gets for being a douche during AvX. Is Age of Ultron, in an alternate universe or its the future of whatever universe is canon? Thanks to @R=G for upping this piff

Last edited by a moderator:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
During Remender's X-Force run, he absorbed the Apocalypse seed and tried to kill everyone and take over as Apocalypse's heir. They ended up wiping out his former life and now he's like this...super nice and naive and high spirited.

With a bunch of new developing powers now, I like him as this version :ld: