Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Officially, it hasn't been that way, but the way the Books have been written lately and including Hickman's current run, it seems that way.

The Cyclops instance was the Void seeping into his head and him being able to actually contain it. Which is not PIS because its fukking Cyclops. If there is ANYONE that's mind is well trained in psychic resistance and compartmentalized enough to maintain it, its him.

Don't get me wrong tho, Sentry is godly powerful but he's very unreliable in a fight. He's nearly unbeatable physically by anyone not on a cosmic level but he's very unreliable mentally. How many times has he flew off scared/panicking from Earth because his mind was messed with? What I'm saying is instances like these are easily duplicated by a psychic especially when non psychic have pulled it off.
If the Avengers were to go to war with the X-Men then the team would have to include Moondragon, Sersi and dig up the corpse of Dr. Druid since mental/telepathy type powers are where the X-Men have a distinct advantage over the Avengers.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Matt: :to: This.. this isn't right. You're married, and this isn't making things better, Let me help you, though! We can fix-

Bookstore Girl: :damn: Stop trying to save me! I don't wanna be saved! I just wanna fukk!
I also said I wasn't gonna be a father to her daughter. :lolbron:

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Officially, it hasn't been that way, but the way the Books have been written lately and including Hickman's current run, it seems that way.

The Cyclops instance was the Void seeping into his head and him being able to actually contain it. Which is not PIS because its fukking Cyclops. If there is ANYONE that's mind is well trained in psychic resistance and compartmentalized enough to maintain it, its him.

Don't get me wrong tho, Sentry is godly powerful but he's very unreliable in a fight. He's nearly unbeatable physically by anyone not on a cosmic level but he's very unreliable mentally. How many times has he flew off scared/panicking from Earth because his mind was messed with? What I'm saying is instances like these are easily duplicated by a psychic especially when non psychic have pulled it off.
Hickman has literally written on paper all reality warpers have no affiliation with the xmen/krakoa except proteus so I dont what youre talking about. And Sentry runs from himself ie the void. And yeah its pis because it is cyclops. Talking about a dude that beat molecule man and his evil side took down asgard and was killing gods and amped heroes. They are also immortal so...

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
If the Avengers were to go to war with the X-Men then the team would have to include Moondragon, Sersi and dig up the corpse of Dr. Druid since mental/telepathy type powers are where the X-Men have a distinct advantage over the Avengers.

I agree, The Avengers teams tend to have more raw power than the X-Men Teams but the X-Men squads tend to have areas that most avenger squads don't cover.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Hickman has literally written on paper all reality warpers have no affiliation with the xmen/krakoa except proteus so I dont what youre talking about. And Sentry runs from himself ie the void. And yeah its pis because it is cyclops. Talking about a dude that beat molecule man and his evil side took down asgard and was killing gods and amped heroes. They are also immortal so...

Are you saying Legion and X-Man don't have any affiliation with the X-teams anymore?

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
just finished Mind MGMT. It's legit one of the best comics I've ever read.... but if you're not into deep conspiracy shyt and meta puzzles, you need to stay far way way the fukk away.

only reason I'm not giving it a perfect score is cause there's a lot- a LOT going on meta wise. That book is an enlightening puzzle. This shyt is the Lupe Fiasco album of comics. It's too dense for the casual, but it's made for whomever takes the time to appreciate how it was made. Honestly, I can't even gist a lot of it cause I read it digitally. This is a book you need to hold in your hands.

Remember how in Watchmen, you had this separate "Tales of the Black Freighter" story within the story? There's sorta one of those. It's background history that compliments/fills in the blanks of the main story on the inside covers at the front and the back of each issue.

There's ALSO complimentary stuff going on that's written sideways in the left margin of most pages with hard to read ink color (the mind MGMT field guide, which I'll have to type out myself.... since I can't anywhere online that's done it)

That's not even getting into the "main" storyline. Imagine Planetary, if Elijah Snow decided to stop sitting in a middle of nowhere diner drinking dog urine flavored coffee... and started actively seeking out the reason he had amnesia before Jakita and The Drummer showed up. Imagine the fukkery he would have found by following that trail with his detective skills.

Planetary very much tells a story retroactively. You see the shyt Elijah already found and the stuff that led to his mindwipe. Mind MGMT tells this story proactively. Heartbreakingly so. Really the same story, but the chess pieces are moved in different ways.

Oh, and the art is fukking horrible. But you get used to it.

You can tell by this titangraph of text that I was highly impressed. I marathonned it. 36 issues. But i'm only venting thoughts right now. I'm cutting it short, cause who's gonna read even this?

Mind MGMT: 4.5/5

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
70943069_2068763549891158_7413068752092135424_n.jpg

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
thoughts?

I think that post was about issue 10 were they reveal Dr Manhattan's role in DC's "metaverse".

Issue 11 was meh and confirmed what we all knew at this point, that they had to course correct once the book took so damn long and DC went away from Rebirth. Rendering Doomsday Clock as basically an elseworlds story that had like 4 more issues than it should because the first 1/4 of the story didn't end up meaning anything :francis:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, I did my check in on Doomsday Clock, and noticed the next issue comes out December 18th. :mjlol:

How even the most dedicated DC fans have managed to stay engaged with this series is beyond me. Books coming out damn near every trimester.