Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

parallax

Superstar
Daps
What was wrong with Venomverse?

its a really stupid story that introduces a villain from literally nowhere and tries to make it seem as though theyve always been a threat
and even though they are attacking symbiotes, for some reason they can only attack venom symbiotes since carnage runs right through them
. it has some interesting designs, and thats it.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
RCO012.jpg

RCO013.jpg

I'm tired as hell but I've looked at this 7 times and still can't tell what the hell his new power is

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
THE TERRIFICS #1

So DC is doing their own Fantastic Four and calling them The Terrifics? Even got them wearing matching uniforms. :pachaha: Phantom Girl=Invisible Woman, Metamorpho=Thing, Plastic Man & Mr. Terrific both filling the Mr. Fantastic slot for his powers & intelligence. Surprised they didn't bring in someone with flame powers.

This might actually be fun, though.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
THE TERRIFICS #1

So DC is doing their own Fantastic Four and calling them The Terrifics? Even got them wearing matching uniforms. :pachaha: Phantom Girl=Invisible Woman, Metamorpho=Thing, Plastic Man & Mr. Terrific both filling the Mr. Fantastic slot for his powers & intelligence. Surprised they didn't bring in someone with flame powers.

This might actually be fun, though.
Fantastic Four was inspired by DC's Challengers of the Unknown

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Do any of you guys treat comics like investments? Because I do. I have some that are(or will be) worth a good amount of money. Also treat first appearances of characters(or new identities) like buying stock in a company that may take off. But with comics there is LESS risk unless you think spending 3/4 bucks is a big risk. I should have brought the physical copies of World War Hulk instead of reading it online and buying the graphic novel.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do any of you guys treat comics like investments? Because I do. I have some that are(or will be) worth a good amount of money. Also treat first appearances of characters(or new identities) like buying stock in a company that may take off. But with comics there is LESS risk unless you think spending 3/4 bucks is a big risk. I should have brought the physical copies of World War Hulk instead of reading it online and buying the graphic novel.
Rarity is what makes them worth money also the demand for it. With comics also being digital I can see the demand going down as older comic heads die out or stop trying to collect

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Rarity is what makes them worth money also the demand for it. With comics also being digital I can see the demand going down as older comic heads die out or stop trying to collect
I also have a lot of rare comics. And did check their worth. Also demands can go up especially if the character becomes very popular and the comic he/she first appeared in becomes more rare.

And I doubt digital will make the demand for PHYSICAL copies to go down.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I also have a lot of rare comics. And did check their worth. Also demands can go up especially if the character becomes very popular and the comic he/she first appeared in becomes more rare.

And I doubt digital will make the demand for PHYSICAL copies to go down.
I think for younger comic heads it will. They growing up with nearly everything easily available digitally from debit/credit cards to video games to movies to comic books/prose novels.

I personally love physical media but I stopped buying floppies a few years ago because of space, but I do buy prose novels physically sometimes

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I think for younger comic heads it will. They growing up with nearly everything easily available digitally from debit/credit cards to video games to movies to comic books/prose novels.

I personally love physical media but I stopped buying floppies a few years ago because of space, but I do buy prose novels physically sometimes
There will always be collectors and physical copies are always important when it comes to collections. And digital comics been were taking off but I have a variant edition of Red Hulk #1 and its still worth a good amount of money. NOT A LOT(obviously) but an interesting amount.