Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Finished Secret Wars; a masterpiece:kawhiblessed:

There isnt a villain out there as layered, and compelling as Doom. This also cemented Doom and Strange as my favorite duo. Rip doc :overb:

The story was great, the art was fantastic, and it made me more interested in reading more of this universe. Never read Hickman before, so now ill go check out bis F4 run before this and more.

The one thing that bothered me is that once Richards arrives, he doesnt give Doom a chance. Right away he assumes things are bad solely because Doom is in control. Let them see more of the world before coming to that conclusion first.

On first reading, this was better than Kingdom Come.:hubie:

You have no idea bruh. I’d recommend reading his FF and THEN his Avengers/New Avengers/Avengers World run after as they tie into each other and lead up to Secret Wars. It’s actually one huge Epic.

But the thing with Reed there, Reed felt that way because Doom basically snatched HIS wife and kids and made them his own despite even in Doom’s world they had a connection to Reed. When you gotta take a man’s wife and kids as your own against their own will, how good could things be?

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
You have no idea bruh. I’d recommend reading his FF and THEN his Avengers/New Avengers/Avengers World run after as they tie into each other and lead up to Secret Wars. It’s actually one huge Epic.

But the thing with Reed there, Reed felt that way because Doom basically snatched HIS wife and kids and made them his own despite even in Doom’s world they had a connection to Reed. When you gotta take a man’s wife and kids as your own against their own will, how good could things be?

i wanna say secret warriors/ S.H.I.E.L.D. as well...

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

How does Avengers World tie in? I know they did that Before Time Runs Out story, and Hickman only did the first 6-7 issues.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps

But they werent his own wife and kids. They died. Different multiverse different rules:hmmparker:

Plus even before he found out about the family, he wanted doom gone. Thing's face when he found out though:to:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
But they werent his own wife and kids. They died. Different multiverse different rules:hmmparker:

Plus even before he found out about the family, he wanted doom gone. Thing's face when he found out though:to:

Im not so sure about that. When doom saw reed he said he looked everywhere for him but there were no reed to be found. Which would be true because most of the reeds were wiped out by celestials. That might actually be his sue, valeria, and franklin. Especially since they disappeared into the ether of the multiverse falling apart

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Im not so sure about that. When doom saw reed he said he looked everywhere for him but there were no reed to be found. Which would be true because most of the reeds were wiped out by celestials. That might actually be his sue, valeria, and franklin. Especially since they disappeared into the ether of the multiverse falling apart
Nah reed family died 100%. They were his but not of 616. Doom couldnt find him because the last two Reeds were on the life rafts

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Nah reed family died 100%. They were his but not of 616. Doom couldnt find him because the last two Reeds were on the life rafts

how do figure 100%? considering that he somehow managed to pull aoa characters back, falling into the nothing at the end of the multiverse he could have easily pulled them out. then theres johnny and ben that were rebellious from jump. why werent they drinking the kool aid like the others?

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
how do figure 100%? considering that he somehow managed to pull aoa characters back, falling into the nothing at the end of the multiverse he could have easily pulled them out. then theres johnny and ben that were rebellious from jump. why werent they drinking the kool aid like the others?
There was a 4 that djdnt have reed, but instead sue and Johnny father.

the-story-of-the-fantastic-four-secret-wars-2.jpg

parallax

Superstar
Daps
i missed that panel. but it doesnt explain valeria or franklin, or how they can remember their previous world if so.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Kingpin: Born Against was surprisiny really good, even if it was cliche. Loved the art o n Fisk, making him look like more like an ogre than a man. I'll definitely follow up on this. Im assuming him becoming maayor is the next story?

Also skip 4 Kids Walk into A Bank. Cutesy tryhard bullshyt
i missed that panel. but it doesnt explain valeria or franklin, or how they can remember their previous world if so.
My guess is that in that universe reed died or just wasnt part of the team, and died before. Then Doom found them all during the event, and brought them to Battleworld. Their memories were fukked and he just lied to them.

I have a hard time believing doom fukked sue and gave birth to two identical kids of reed in only 8 years

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Four of Black Panther's most iconic creators are reuniting with the character for a new Black Panther Annual #1 coming out this February. Don McGregor, Christopher Priest, Reggie Hudlin, and Ken Lashley are working on stories for the anthology - along with Daniel Acuna and several more artists to be named later.

"I had wanted to do this opening sequence for years, but hadn’t determined how to pull it off," McGregor told Newsarama of his new story. "But I figured out a way to do it, and do something that focuses emotionally on T’Challa and the people around him – some of them being characters readers liked back when I was writing Black Panther regularly. This turned into what I’m calling 'Panther’s Heart,' with Wakanda’s heart-shaped herb being one of the meanings for the title of the story. But for the story itself, I go into more detail about the heart-shaped herbs and how they’re used."

Here is the solicitation for that issue - and look for Marvel's full February 2018 solicits later this month at Newsarama.

BLACK PANTHER ANNUAL #1
DON McGREGOR, CHRISTOPHER PRIEST & REGGIE HUDLIN (W)
DANIEL ACUNA, KEN LASHLEY & MORE (A)
Cover by DANIEL ACUNA
Variant Cover by BRIAN STELFREEZE
LEGENDARY PANTHER WRITERS RETURN!
Three legendary BLACK PANTHER writers return to Wakanda! Don McGregor’s famous storyline “The Panther’s Rage” has become one of the most well-respected runs in comic book history. Now, the author who redefined Wakanda for a generation is back to expand the mythos! Bearing the heart-shaped herb that defines the Panther legacy, King T’Challa leaves his beloved country for a heart-wrenching mission in the streets of New York. Then: For half a decade, comics legend Christopher Priest made his mark on the Panther. The acclaimed writer returns with an all-new story – and with it, of course, U.S. State Department employee Everett K. Ross! And finally, no Panther history would be complete without Reggie Hudlin, author of more than 50 Black Panther stories, including the famed “Who Is The Black Panther?” Don’t miss the sequel to his “Black to the Future” story, featuring original artist Ken Lashley!

MTUxMDg2OTg2MQ==