Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I went into my garage today to pull out some of my old comics from 2001-2008 and found out squirrels(or mice) chewed through the container.

The walking dead 1-25 ruined
Avengers Disassembled ruined
:mjcry:
Damn, breh. :to:

Makes me scared to hit up my garage. All my cards are in there.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
22539722_10101465816524442_6888101461642236682_n.jpg

22688855_10101465816559372_894707126681838560_n.jpg

22554987_10101465816604282_4868455273100086700_n.jpg

22688340_10101465816644202_7602782399116598728_n.jpg

I'm loving the art in Red Hood and the Outlaws. The colors are vibrant, but not too bright. The action poses are very dynamic.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Can someone recommend some universally acknowledged dope comic book series to check out? Sorry if this seems like a gimme post but I don't even know where to start.

Classic Batman, Thanos and Ironman series would be much appreciated. Raps and deps

edit: raps and deps? fukk wrong with me :2facedacosby:

Tom King's current "Batman" run.

Detective Comics

Keep ya eye on Marvel, they got something BIG brewing with Celestials, Loki, Wolverine coming back from tha dead, the Infinity Stones scattered on Earth, someone messing with the timestream n the Avengers timeline.

Oh, plus anything with Image Comics is DOPE. They really have a great staff of writers with rich, creative stories.

teacher

All Star
Daps
I went into my garage today to pull out some of my old comics from 2001-2008 and found out squirrels(or mice) chewed through the container.

:damn: I’d be on my sylvester the cat steez after that :birdman:

I had an uncanny x-men 275 signed by Jim Lee where the back cover got stuck the board and ripped :mjcry: but that walking dead run :wow:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

:damn: I’d be on my sylvester the cat steez after that :birdman:

I had an uncanny x-men 275 signed by Jim Lee where the back cover got stuck the board and ripped :mjcry: but that walking dead run :wow:

I had a legit first print of Giant Sized X-Men #1. Great condition.

My mom saw me looking at it like :mjgrin:, right. Must've saw I thought it was something special.

One day when I was out, she gave it to my then 4 year old nephew.

He wrote in it with crayon and tore it up.

My mom then taped it together with scotch tape, stapled it, put it back in the bag/board/box.

When I found it and approached her on some :damn::demonic: shyt, he was like ":yeshrug: it's just a comic book. All them books you got you gone act a fool over this one!? :troll:"

:mjlol: i hate that bytch so much, man....

Even worse was one of my older uncles (RIP) had been collecting comics since he was a kid, and he had a shyt ton of almost complete runs going back to 1963. Yeah, even some number 1's.

He got a divorce and his ex-wife burned them all up. :francis:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps

My mom saw me looking at it like :mjgrin:, right. Must've saw I thought it was something special.

My mom then taped it together with scotch tape, stapled it, put it back in the bag/board/box.

When I found it and approached her on some :damn::demonic: shyt, he was like ":yeshrug: it's just a comic book. All them books you got you gone act a fool over this one!? :troll:"

Even worse was one of my older uncles (RIP) had been collecting comics since he was a kid, and he had a shyt ton of almost complete runs going back to 1963. Yeah, even some number 1's.

:merchant::picard: Evil ass women...

MikeBarnes

aka thejackroller, Jack Brannigan, Jack Birdbath
Daps

I already read this story before and it's still brutal. I seriously think of this at times when I hear people say shyt like "Blood is thicker than water." My parents seemed kind of ashamed when I switched from baseball cards to comics. But they always encouraged me to draw and I think they let it slide because of that. I'm so grateful I don't have a story like this. My mom actually accepted it and got me every printing of the Obama Spiderman issue as a gift when I was a grown man.
Some fakkit at work threw my backpack full of trades across the room though and I threw anything he brought to work for about a week.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

Reading this makes me hurt. :mjcry:

Did you ever get your revenge?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I already read this story before and it's still brutal. I seriously think of this at times when I hear people say shyt like "Blood is thicker than water." My parents seemed kind of ashamed when I switched from baseball cards to comics. But they always encouraged me to draw and I think they let it slide because of that. I'm so grateful I don't have a story like this. My mom actually accepted it and got me every printing of the Obama Spiderman issue as a gift when I was a grown man.
Some fakkit at work threw my backpack full of trades across the room though and I threw anything he brought to work for about a week.
You people on this site be tolerating some wild disrespect:laugh: Toss what belongs to me? I'm gonna stomp your balls in. I'm from the westside..don't got time for that stupid shyt.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
these stories is fukked up!!
i gotta buncha my collectibles in storage in Long Island. i aint been in there in like 2 years...

:lupe:

MikeBarnes

aka thejackroller, Jack Brannigan, Jack Birdbath
Daps
You people on this site be tolerating some wild disrespect:laugh: Toss what belongs to me? I'm gonna stomp your balls in. I'm from the westside..don't got time for that stupid shyt.
You have time for looking for a new job and going to court while that guy still has a job though? There's not always an alternative to ball stomping. But it's worth a try.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
You have time for looking for a new job and going to court while that guy still has a job though? There's not always an alternative to ball stomping. But it's worth a try.
U know what I nean...not in that setting. Elsewhere? It's Just hearsay. You gonna let someone toss your shyt like u a hoe? Wtf...lol