Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
it was only right that with all the lil X-Clone/misplaced universe characters they knock off BloodStorm 1st.
EJQE3SP.jpg
:nosasmj:

really...

didnt see that comin!
:beli:
im being sarcastic

because i DID see that coming!

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Can someone recommend some universally acknowledged dope comic book series to check out? Sorry if this seems like a gimme post but I don't even know where to start.

Classic Batman, Thanos and Ironman series would be much appreciated. Raps and deps

edit: raps and deps? fukk wrong with me :2facedacosby:
Batman: The Knightfall saga
Batman: The Long Halloween
New Teen Titans: The Judas Contract
X-Men: Mutant Massacre
X-Men: X-Tinction Agenda
X-Men: Dark Phoenix Saga
Avengers: Kree-Skrull War
Civil War (the first one. Avoid 2016's storyline)
Iron Man: Armor Wars
Spider-Man: Kraven's Last Hunt
The entire Superior Spider-Man run
Kingdom Come
Marvel's

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Batman: The Knightfall saga
Batman: The Long Halloween
New Teen Titans: The Judas Contract
X-Men: Mutant Massacre
X-Men: X-Tinction Agenda
X-Men: Dark Phoenix Saga
Avengers: Kree-Skrull War
Civil War (the first one. Avoid 2016's storyline)
Iron Man: Armor Wars
Spider-Man: Kraven's Last Hunt
The entire Superior Spider-Man run
Kingdom Come
Marvel's

Which of these X-Men is it best to start with?

reigun

Superstar
Daps
I'm not gonna lie I do NOT like the thought of there being some evil Anti-Monitor level Bat-God and evil Justice Bats or whatever.

Like.... how much more fanboy masturbating can you possibly do?
I'm really enjoying the story, but yeah. I feel like Scott Synder is little too in love with Batman to be writing a story that involves the entire Justice League.

Even in stories where one Leaguer is the focus, you gotta balance shyt to keep everyone on an even level. If I want to read a story where one character pulls ahead of everyone else, I can go read their solo books.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Did anyone read Falcon? It was cool, I like how they're gonna show his views now that he's spent some time as Cap. Still not feeling this Dollar General Patriot though.

I'm still confused about Secret Empire. Did the cube rewrite the entire history or just alter his (Cap) history/memories, and everything after is saying it was an alternate universe Cap? Because in Falcon #1, he says that Steve had always been a traitor and liar. OK, if that's the case, that means that HydraCap was the real 616 Cap, so why give him back the SHIELD so easily? Y'all really gonna follow that mofo after all of that? Rewriting 616 Cap history/memories made so much more sense, because it allows everything to remain the same, his entire history as it was known, his past beliefs, moral compass, relationships...with 616 seeing himself as someone that was always a sleeper Hydra Agent, so he maintained his integrity, morals, loyalty but only shifted direction to Hydra because he thought he was always Hydra. Also, having his history/memories rewritten instead of his past, also made sense with the Supes III ending. But if they are gonna say that it was alternate Universe Cap, or entire 616 was rewritten, then I'm just gonna switch my initial opinion and say it was trash.