Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Actually she chose Magneto every single time. Aoa included. The Legacy #249 ending had one of the funniest fanboy meltdowns in comic internet history. They literally turned on Mike Carey at the drop of a dime:laugh: Even though the man who saved the X universe, Chris Claremont, started it all in the legendary Savage Land story.

It was complete and utter bullshyt.

It sickens me that mainstream comics started adapting this writing for trades style on a lot of books, then the fans ran off the greatest long term planner not named Hickman because they never read any old stories.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Barbatos is basically an evil demon/god from the dark matter multiverse underneath the regular multiverse. He tried to invade the regular matter universe years ago but was stopped by Hawkman (as it's been shown that Nth metal can hurt Dark Matter beings). Now it gets confusing: When Batman was rushing through time while being chased by the Hyper Adapter, Barbatos noticed him. Realizing Batman was a man misplaced in time and also a relative of the Bat/Hawk tribe, that he could be used as a doorway to permanently get to Earth/Matter Universe. So with help from worshipers (Court Of Owls and Simon Hurt) Batman was manipulated to be infected by foreign metals from the dark universe.

The Dark Matter universe doesn't really follow any regular universe rules so that's one reason Superman is weak against it. The reason magic hurts Superman is because it doesn't follow traditional physics and how the universe works.

The one-shots just give more backstory to the evil Dark Knights. You can read them if you want. I liked them.

Pretty positive I left something out or forgot how certain things went. Just giving a quick breakdown. It actually goes a lot deeper as it involves stories by Peter Milligan, Morrison, and Snyder
With that said, this is all still extremely confusing.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Dr. Druid went evil right?
Yeah he fell under the control of one of those alternate timeline female Kangs that were running around and used his telepathy to get the other members of the Avengers to make him the new team leader to bring forth some goofy plan that Lady Kang was working on.

He's a D-lister but I always liked him. Dude is a powerful magician and telepath who is capable of heroic actions but he's also a lascivious ego-maniac who likes to use his skills as a psychiatrist to manipulate people that are on his side because he likes to be in charge of shyt.
He is basically a douchebag who is also a superhero.

yup. Got burned alive and thrown in a dumpster when Warren Ellis was going through life and depressed

later turned up in that WeirdWorld series that was drawn by the current Avengers artist, still evil.
That was fukking hilarious what Ellis had Hellstrom do to Druid.
I think that was probably Druid's 3rd or 4th time "dying" too.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Uncanny Avengers #28 just made me pissed off all over again that they won't just give the Beast back to the Avengers books.
As a character he never fits in those X-books because they drain all the joy from the character to make him just as angsty as all the other mutants when the character is so much better and more natural as a carefree super-hero.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What's funny is that he's probably going to do a good job on that book, but a large segment of X-Men fans are going to hate it because his version of Storm is going to be MUCH blacker than what they're used to getting.

I can also guarantee there'll be no deconstruction bullshyt or attempts to make Storm weaker to maker her more "interesting". As we've already seen he writes Storm in the opposite fashion in which he writes Panther.

And yes I hope this means he's leaving Black Panther.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I'd never thought I would say this but the two best comics right now for the Big Two is Mister Miracle and Blackbolt......:dwillhuh:

The whole world is upside down brehs:lupe:

Is Black Bolt really that good? The books I'm reading from Marvel right now are Uncanny Avengers, X-Gold, Astonishing, Weapon X, Secret Warriors, Defenders, Riri & Spidey I like Spidey & Riri, love the rest.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Is Black Bolt really that good? The books I'm reading from Marvel right now are Uncanny Avengers, X-Gold, Astonishing, Weapon X, Secret Warriors, Defenders, Riri & Spidey I like Spidey & Riri, love the rest.

I really like those books too. Blackbolt is better.:hubie:

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Can someone recommend some universally acknowledged dope comic book series to check out? Sorry if this seems like a gimme post but I don't even know where to start.

Classic Batman, Thanos and Ironman series would be much appreciated. Raps and deps

edit: raps and deps? fukk wrong with me :2facedacosby:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Can someone recommend some universally acknowledged dope comic book series to check out? Sorry if this seems like a gimme post but I don't even know where to start.

Classic Batman, Thanos and Ironman series would be much appreciated. Raps and deps

edit: raps and deps? fukk wrong with me :2facedacosby:
Did you miss the thread title? :usure: