Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Brehs going to be in Sacramento for 3 weeks straight(business) :sadcam:

Home on the weekends except one weekend I'll be in Cancun:takedat:

But tell me there is something to do in Sacramento, I should probably just bring my PS4 with me huh :francis:

Downtown/Old Sac has a pretty decent bar scene. Outside of that it's pretty slow out there.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Downtown/Old Sac has a pretty decent bar scene. Outside of that it's pretty slow out there.

Went out last week on a Thursday night, to the Shady Lady, and then to Mix, shyt was dead as fukk breh, and not a lot of melanin out there either. I'm only there on weekdays, folks were saying Wednesday is a better night. Is that true?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Went out last week on a Thursday night, to the Shady Lady, and then to Mix, shyt was dead as fukk breh, and not a lot of melanin out there either. I'm only there on weekdays, folks were saying Wednesday is a better night. Is that true?

I haven't been out there in years, tbh. I had fun when I went though. I was hoping that it would have evolved since the last time I went. I can't recall which bar I was thinking of, but it had a hip hop night and it was cracking.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Going to Nigeria in December... but this visa process is annoying as fukk. :martin:

After that I'm flying to Madrid and then will probably hop around Amsterdam, Italy, and other places before returning home in March. :blessed:

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pics from my trip to Iceland. Beautiful country
Blue Lagoon :blessed:
2ntzinn.jpg

t6uz9u.jpg

Golden Circle tour
2d1bfm.jpg

2ymaafq.jpg

Reykjavik
2i8vnnr.jpg

20i7ura.jpg

110g5c4.jpg

1zpqs9k.jpg

Whale :gag:
5mcrj4.jpg

Last edited:

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can you give a trip report :lupe:

Sure. It was a beautiful country. It should definitely be on the list for anyone that likes to travel. The people were extremely friendly and most of them spoke English which is always a plus.

Our first day there we toured the city which was nice. Didnt get any looks like I did in Turkey. It was raining and pretty cold though but it's Iceland so you shouldn't expect warm weather.

That night we went to the blue lagoon and that was probably the highlight of my trip. The water had to be like 80-85 degrees and if you pay a little extra for the premium package you get your own robe, a face mask plus a glass of wine (definitely recommend that). We probably stayed there for about 2-3 hours then we got a ride back to our hotel by a really cool Canadian dude we met while there :smile:. We didn't do much after that just went back to our hotel and passed out.

The following day we went on the golden circle tour which lasted from 8am to 5pm. We saw a few waterfalls and even went to the location where North America and Europe separated. We also saw a geyser and petted some horses, lol. It was a cool tour for the most part. The waterfalls were beautiful. I wish I could post some of the videos.

When got back to the city, we got into party mode. The nightlife in Iceland lasts until like 5am on Friday and Saturday so we pregamed for a few hours and didn't leave out until around 12/1 am.

We went to a few bars and they all played hip hop and R&B and the people there knew all the songs, lol and they knew how to dance ha ha.

The weirdest part of the night was my friend getting some old Turkish guy to buy us a pizza and then him chasing her out of the restaurant trying to follow us back to our hotel.

There was also some blonde girl that kept repeatedly slapping the mess out of her boyfriend in the bar then leaving and coming back slapping him again, leaving again then coming back and acting like nothing happened.

An Icelandic guy also commented that he had never seen so many black women before and I also got called Michelle Obama :mjlol:

Overall great night.

The next day we pretty much just chilled. We did go to an outdoor pool which was freezing (it was like 35 degrees outside and the pool was like 60 degrees if even that warm). I was not feeling it all and all the people there kept staring at us especially the kids. One awkward moment was in the locker room. You aren't allowed to go into the pool until you take off your swimsuit and rinse off in the shower first. Of course the showers are open so we had to take off our bathing suits and rinse off completely naked in front of everyone. That wasn't horrible but there was this little naked Icelandic girl (she couldn't have been anymore than 8) standing in front of the showers staring at us with her head titled :mjlol: I'm guessing she's never seen naked black women before, lol.

Anyway we didn't stay there for long and I definitely wouldn't recommend it.

Since it was our last night there we decided to do a fancy dinner and went to this really nice spot in Reykjavik. I ordered a salad since nothing on that menu was appetizing, lol but my friends ordered whale which I posted a picture of. It was pretty nasty but if you want to have the full Icelandic experience that would definitely be apart of it.

We didn't do much after that just went to a bar then called it a night. (Everything closes early on Sundays) so there wasn't much to do.

The next day we packed and went home.

Overall I loved the trip. Next time I go, I will probably stay longer. The only negative part was not getting to see the Northern lights because it was too cloudy so we pretty much sat out there looking at nothing but clouds :(. I'll probably try to see them in Alaska.

Also it's hard as hell to get places because the words are extra long and sound nothing like they're spelled. Luckily the people there were nice enough to help us get where we needed to go.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
The only negative part was not getting to see the Northern lights because it was too cloudy so we pretty much sat out there looking at nothing but clouds :(. I'll probably try to see them in Alaska.

My dad was military and did two tours in Alaska...I was born up there.

Every human should get to see the Northern Lights/Aurora Borealis. HD TV doesn't do it justice.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
got another cruise lined up for December

some of the same spots
Cozumel mexico
grand cayman
Falmouth Jamaica
Nassau

next winter, we got one going to South America

I just got back two weeks ago from a cruise that hit Grand Cayman, Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel. That was my first cruise and loved it. Already ready to schedule my next one. Tempted to book one ASAP since I have a week of vacation left to burn by end of February.

Main thing I learned is planning definitely comes in handy. In Belize I had it in my mind that we were just doing to freestyle it once we hit the port. Ended up talking to one of those tour guides and was going to just take a boat to a private beach and were told it was going to be a 15 minute wait. Turns out they were waiting until they had enough people to fill the ferry. Ended up waiting an hour and a half before we said fukk it and took a train tour which we ended up loving.

My next one I want to hit is Jamaica.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Going to Nigeria in December... but this visa process is annoying as fukk. :martin:

After that I'm flying to Madrid and then will probably hop around Amsterdam, Italy, and other places before returning home in March. :blessed:

:Damn: that's how you vacation... you said that all normal like that aint 3 months of heaven