Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

Spence

Superstar
Daps
You didn't say anything about overseas. Just said you weren't gonna do anything because of school and I assume age. Yeah, those types of flights will mess up a sleep schedule.
Jet lag, ear drums popping? It’s going down :mjlol:

We took them to Puerto Vallarta, Belize and Guatemala a couple times since those are only 2 hours a piece flight time, 9 hours to Spain though? :pachaha:

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
As a father with my youngest about to go into kindergarten don't worry that age they can handle anything as long as they get their proper sleep.

What are things you like to do? Clearly wine tasting and not being in a major city around nightlife and clubs seems to be cool with you. Labor Day is a good time to go anywhere north. Weather is still nice pretty much everywhere.

Myself, I'm open. I was thinking Maine since she mentioned that she wanted to visit. New Mexico was on the list.
I had some Caribbean places but again hurricanes will be active this year.
I'm expecting the worse. Gulf is triple times hotter than it was when Katrina hit, so we are in trouble for what's being said.
Denver may be a option too

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Hop in the whip, head 7 hours west to Texas Wine country. If you don’t want to drive that long, we (Houston) are 5 hours west and in College station about 1 hour outside of town is Messina Hoff bed and breakfast. She’s def giving up something there, it’s scenic, fresh air, great food, and all the wine and cheese you can eat and drink. Head further west just outside of Austin for even better wine country, it’s no Napa, but can def hold its own and not grenade your wallet. You can see Austin as well and catch a lot of great live music acts which you already get plenty of in NO

I like the options, we are heading to Houston Saturday to see Tommy Davidson at the Improv
Any spot you know that has live music? Grown
I thought about Prospect but last time I went that shyt was hood as fukk.
I am retired from the hood spots.

A nice lounge.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I like the options, we are heading to Houston Saturday to see Tommy Davidson at the Improv
Any spot you know that has live music? Grown
I thought about Prospect but last time I went that shyt was hood as fukk.
I am retired from the hood spots.

A nice lounge.
I got you fam, there’s a spot not terribly far from the Improv called called Rockhouse about 10 minutes from Marquee where Improv is. Had my 20th high school reunion there about 6 months or so ago and shyt was live. 90’s rnb/hip hop cover band was gettin it the whole night.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
I got you fam, there’s a spot not terribly far from the Improv called called Rockhouse about 10 minutes from Marquee where Improv is. Had my 20th high school reunion there about 6 months or so ago and shyt was live. 90’s rnb/hip hop cover band was gettin it the whole night.

Appreciate that breh

Any nice food spots? Anything going on in the city on Saturday? I'm driving down that morning and pretty much have the day open until the show.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
What's everyone's plans this summer?

Keeping it tight for the most part. Did more travel than I expected in the first 5 months of this year.

But for summer…headed to Nigeria for a week in July. Got a weekend trip in ATL for a conference in August.

May toss in one more weekend trip some place closer to the west coast like LA or Vancouver. Leaning LA since I got fam and some friends down there.

My bigger travel is slated for Sep-Feb’25.

Nigeria, London, SA, Paris

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Appreciate that breh

Any nice food spots? Anything going on in the city on Saturday? I'm driving down that morning and pretty much have the day open until the show.
What you in the mood for? We have a lot! If you’re trying to get food during the day, get some bbq since that’s something you can’t really get back in NO. Gatlins in the heights is black owned, but Killens is the best if you make the drive to Pearland (it’s worth it).
Burns is also good and black owned.
Doña Lena for tacos
Frenchys is always a good time
Samburger in the latino
Hood if you want something quicker near downtown but still really good.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
What you in the mood for? We have a lot! If you’re trying to get food during the day, get some bbq since that’s something you can’t really get back in NO. Gatlins in the heights is black owned, but Killens is the best if you make the drive to Pearland (it’s worth it).
Burns is also good and black owned.
Doña Lena for tacos
Frenchys is always a good time
Samburger in the latino
Hood if you want something quicker near downtown but still really good.

You gave me plenty to work with. I may mess with Frenchys. I was thinking Pappadeuxs, is it worth it?
My girl hasn't been, (I myself think it's overrated) but I mentioned it to her and she heard of it.
Seafood is a go for me.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
You gave me plenty to work with. I may mess with Frenchys. I was thinking Pappadeuxs, is it worth it?
My girl hasn't been, (I myself think it's overrated) but I mentioned it to her and she heard of it.
Seafood is a go for me.
Not worth it, much better spots available. For a really nice Creole meal at basically the same price/food as Pappadeuxs, hit up Brennan’s my breh, you’ll need at least a blazer and no ripped jeans unless you want to be looked at funny by the uppity ass whites that go there :heh: