Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
That's wassup breh, I didn't want to stay in a hotel while I'm there so I driver/guide would be dope. How long are you there for and how long did was the trip from Accra to the dungeon?
I Air BnB'd it. Got an entire loft for the week for about $280. Been here since Sunday but I've done a good amount of stuff. Met some interesting people. Went to a spot outside of Cape coast castle and me (spiritual-non religious), my driver (Ghanaian and catholic), a Jewish cat and his daughter from Oakland, and a Muslim couple from Mali all sat down at the same table and chopped it up about our experiences here and whatnot. Traded info and open invite to everyone if they ever are in each other's country. No hate, no "my god is better than your god" bs. Love that type of stuff.

The trip is about 2.5-3 hrs from Accra. Add 30 min to go to Kakum national park and do the bridges and shyt
2h6gdfn.jpg

21osf3b.jpg

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I Air BnB'd it. Got an entire loft for the week for about $280. Been here since Sunday but I've done a good amount of stuff. Met some interesting people. Went to a spot outside of Cape coast castle and me (spiritual-non religious), my driver (Ghanaian and catholic), a Jewish cat and his daughter from Oakland, and a Muslim couple from Mali all sat down at the same table and chopped it up about our experiences here and whatnot. Traded info and open invite to everyone if they ever are in each other's country. No hate, no "my god is better than your god" bs. Love that type of stuff.

The trip is about 2.5-3 hrs from Accra. Add 30 min to go to Kakum national park and do the bridges and shyt
2h6gdfn.jpg

21osf3b.jpg

How is it compared to South Africa?

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
How is it compared to South Africa?
In regards to? They're more humble. There's no distinction of coloured vs black. They're a ways behind when it comes to solid infrastructure but they're making strides. Their cops aren't easy to bribe (don't ask :sadcam:). The hawkers are SUPER aggressive. Everyone is selling something. As much as I'd like to buy something from everyone, can't. As cold blooded as my friends think I am, I legit hate seeing my people out here fukked up. Especially in places where we're the majority. Strange fact: they love the shyt out of Future here. Hear DS2 everywhere

On the female tip, it's way more Christian and conservative than SA.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
In regards to? They're more humble. There's no distinction of coloured vs black. They're a ways behind when it comes to solid infrastructure but they're making strides. Their cops aren't easy to bribe (don't ask :sadcam:). The hawkers are SUPER aggressive. Everyone is selling something. As much as I'd like to buy something from everyone, can't. As cold blooded as my friends think I am, I legit hate seeing my people out here fukked up. Especially in places where we're the majority. Strange fact: they love the shyt out of Future here. Hear DS2 everywhere

On the female tip, it's way more Christian and conservative than SA.

Have you run into any wild cacs while you were there? Someone told me theyre on the loose in Ghana

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Have you run into any wild cacs while you were there? Someone told me theyre on the loose in Ghana
Seen more asians than white folks. The few I've seen walk about without fear it seems. Chinese move around in clicks. If there are wild ones, they have to be up north. A white cat I use to work with has family that moved here and own property in Tuna which like 6-7 hrs from Accra.

Speaking of property, it seems to be super easy to acquire it. Unlike SA, no 60% down payment on total cost and the land is cheap. Keep hearing it's cheaper to buy land then build a house instead of buying one prebuilt. Plus the market is beginning to level out here. They were basically charging American prices since a lot of investment was happening (damn Nigerians). Going to home affairs to discuss abode procedures tomorrow so if I hear anything of note, I'll pass it along

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Seen more asians than white folks. The few I've seen walk about without fear it seems. Chinese move around in clicks. If there are wild ones, they have to be up north. A white cat I use to work with has family that moved here and own property in Tuna which like 6-7 hrs from Accra.

Speaking of property, it seems to be super easy to acquire it. Unlike SA, no 60% down payment on total cost and the land is cheap. Keep hearing it's cheaper to buy land then build a house instead of buying one prebuilt. Plus the market is beginning to level out here. They were basically charging American prices since a lot of investment was happening (damn Nigerians). Going to home affairs to discuss abode procedures tomorrow so if I hear anything of note, I'll pass it along

What's home affairs breh :lupe:

How expensive is land out there? When I eventually move I want to buy a few hectares of farm land get into agriculture and manufacturing. I wanna start a fertilizer manufacturing plant or something.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I think I want to live in another countries for a few months. I'm not sure where I want to stay, but Ghana and Brazil are high on my list. I'm gonna make sure I'm visiting a new country every 3 months, even it's just a 3-4 day weekend.

It's only $310 round trip to Costa Rica :ohhh:

And you can rent this crib on AirBNB for only $300 for 3 days :whew:

fukk the bullshyt I'm hitting up Costa Rica ASAP :ahh:

228e216d-d557-41eb-9ccd-0e150664fdaf.jpg

9484d95a-0fcf-4281-8a99-aaa1734ed2af.jpg

1cf386c8-ea07-429a-8201-4a27fbe4299d.jpg

bcefc56f-fb08-43cc-98bf-d62c061806e6.jpg
airbnb is god's gift to vacations... all you need is 3-5 people and you gonna end up paying $60 for 5 days in a fukking mansion

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
What's home affairs breh :lupe:

How expensive is land out there? When I eventually move I want to buy a few hectares of farm land get into agriculture and manufacturing. I wanna start a fertilizer manufacturing plant or something.
Home affairs is like their Immigration/State Dept. Anything regarding relocatng here as a foreigner, land/home purchases, right of abode, etc they can answer for you.

As far as land cost, you get someone to go out and survey the land and they price it. The driver is taking my homie from D.C. to check out some land on the coast in May. I think I said it earlier, it's cheaper to buy land then build your home here. Like +/- $100k difference. Land is all dependent on where you want to buy. There's a strip called American Hill where a lot of rich Ghanaians and expats live. Houses aren't super big or anything but they're still impressive

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Ghanaian women are :banderas: All that pure melanin....their body types remind me of sistas in the States. Super conservative tho

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
What is travel noire
My friend from college (UNCG) started that company. Zim. We use to play in this church on Sundays started by this bishop from NYC, she would sing with two other girls and I'd be one of the musicians. the church itself was a flop though, he was in town for like almost two years and didn't have a single new member. The services would have been completely empty were it not for his huge family of 8 kids and relatives. it was literally us and his family every Sunday and we were paid to be there, lmao

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Anyone ever been to Poland? One of my homegirls claims its her favorite place shes ever been hands down and shes travels like crazy.
I've been 8 years ago, Katowice and Kravov and Wrclow. I had friends from college that lived there. Poland is pretty cool from what I saw, I got a lot of looks and stares from people when I'd walk in the streets. Also got punked by this really tall polish lady at a club but that's a story for another day.