Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
My homie and I were talking yesterday and we both said it would be incredibly ballsy if they killed one of those three in the pre-title sequence

:mjtf:Et tu Brute??:aicmon::mjcry:
A copycat killer targets Sid and Sid's death brings Dewey and Gayle into things because they decide to investigate Sid's murder.

It would make so much sense and it writes itself. It also removes the killer having to be some long lost relation of Sidney. The copycat could be anyone and they wouldn't need to have any tie to any of the originals but instead be tied to the new characters that will be introduced.

Thought that we agreed to keep the peace @MartyMcFly
:patrice:
But clearly you can’t remain impartial, have chosen the side that you prefer and continue to enable him. @Jello Biafra
DRE4.gif

tumblr_mgkqddn0et1qa32meo4_250.gifv

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nothing is connecting because you have nothing but space where your biased brain should be - the press announcement was recently announced BUT that doesn’t mean she just signed on. Of course they would delay publicly letting us know that Neve was recasted as Sydney - she’s the main draw of the movie so they only did that to build anticipation; it’s all part of the marketing plan.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:mjtf:Et tu Brute??:aicmon::mjcry:

Thought that we agreed to keep the peace @MartyMcFly
:patrice:
But clearly you can’t remain impartial, have chosen the side that you prefer and continue to enable him. @Jello Biafra
DRE4.gif

tumblr_mgkqddn0et1qa32meo4_250.gifv

:russ: I've said how I feel. I think the three of them need to go. Not specifically killed but they need to be written off. I said yesterday I don't see this series going beyond "Scream" and getting to a potential Scream 6 or whatever they want to call it if these three continue to live and/or exist on camera.

Eventually, you have to make your movie about teens from this era; that's what Scream started as. And if you continue to focus on these adults then we've got a problem.

That said, if they do a poor job developing these new characters, like they did in the Halloween series, and they're forced to turn back to the trio, I completely understand. Part of the reason Halloween gets a boost when Jamie comes back is because she's the only one audiences got the chance to give a damn about. Halloween 4-6 all focused on Michael and exploring Michael when Michael isn't a "character" and doesn't need development. He's evil, he's the boogeyman. Done. Making the movies about him is a bad idea in my mind.

Laurie is a flesh and blood character, just like Gale, Sid, and Dewey. These new characters need to get the same love and attention or else they'll be right back to bringing these three back for this story that should be about teenagers in peril and their specific trauma. I don't want any of them to die. if I had my way, they'd get their happy endings because they all deserve it, especially Sid. But I do believe it's time for the series to move on for its own sustainability.

Nothing personal @LaBellaNicole0416.NYC

y5VVAFu.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:russ: I've said how I feel. I think the three of them need to go. Not specifically killed but they need to be written off. I said yesterday I don't see this series going beyond "Scream" and getting to a potential Scream 6 or whatever they want to call it if these three continue to live and/or exist on camera.

Eventually, you have to make your movie about teens from this era; that's what Scream started as. And if you continue to focus on these adults then we've got a problem.

That said, if they do a poor job developing these new characters, like they did in the Halloween series, and they're forced to turn back to the trio, I completely understand. Part of the reason Halloween gets a boost when Jamie comes back is because she's the only one audiences got the chance to give a damn about. Halloween 4-6 all focused on Michael and exploring Michael when Michael isn't a "character" and doesn't need development. He's evil, he's the boogeyman. Done. Making the movies about him is a bad idea in my mind.

Laurie is a flesh and blood character, just like Gale, Sid, and Dewey. These new characters need to get the same love and attention or else they'll be right back to bringing these three back for this story that should be about teenagers in peril and their specific trauma. I don't want any of them to die. if I had my way, they'd get their happy endings because they all deserve it, especially Sid. But I do believe it's time for the series to move on for its own sustainability.

y5VVAFu.gif

tenor.gif

Sighhhh. I need time to think and read through.
:leostare::beli:
lhxgazd4i0fQZoY5cmryCxHvBteUqThl69mChlsJ3PrEcb_rzH3qhaWQoS1tncMy5SUbXPJAh5e5qaTPaYllcPfEz782ND_M0sg7OxmyLYogDXyBxziIvqtLJDzfNFTLNutYsimhkx1o7uImuvM

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
They are done already? Didn't Neve Campbell just sign onto the project like a month ago?
Seems to put a little fuel on the fire of Sidney possibly being killed off...:sas1:...:sas2:...:troll:
That’s not facts
P3eA.gif

This isn’t over
SingleEmbellishedCurlew-max-1mb.gif

This discussion was deaded yesterday and we reached a detente. But noooooo, you couldn’t leave the “Scream”
alone, you’re corrupting the thread with your toxic bias and causing friction in the family.
HighlevelOrneryInganue-max-14mb.gif

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

y5VVAFu.gif

The highlighted had me thinking about the characters from the various Scream movies that aren't part of the Big 3 and just how well all of the Scream films (even 3 and 4) did with creating new characters that audiences could relate to and care about.
0b712c9a87739a5d2e7299d2063b5ee9.gif
Everyone loved Tatum in the first Scream so when she got killed it meant something. And all Scream fans sighed with relief when Randy made it out of the first movie alive. Even Kenny the Cameraman was a fleshed out enough character that when he died it wasn't just a throwaway scene. Even Drew Barrymore's death was meaningful because we related to Casey (partly because we were all familiar with Barrymore) because in the brief time she was on the screen she had personality and wasn't just a big boobed bimbo who's sole existence was to get topless, fall down while being chased and die.
5ztU.gif
In Scream 2, we were introduced to multiple doomed characters played by actors we were familiar with who had emotionally stirring deaths.
Jada Pinkett and Omar Epps dying in the opening scene mattered for two reasons: we were familiar with the actors and in the short time they were onscreen they were fully formed characters and not just thin archetypes.
2bMR.gif
The same goes for Sarah Michelle Gellar as Cici. True a lot of the audience automatically liked Cici because she was being played by Buffy the Vampire Slayer but Cici was also given a good chase scene (probably the best in the movie) that was reminiscent of Gellar's chase scene in I Know What You Did Last Summer. So when Cici got chucked off the roof it had some emotional heft to it.
tenor.gif
And let's not even get started on how big a gut punch Randy's death was in this movie.
Even someone like Hallie (who had such a horrible death scene) ended up being a successful character because she was Sidney's best friend and she mattered.
scream-3-im-the-killer.gif
Jump to Scream 3 where Cotton Weary and his wife are killed in the opener. We were familiar with Cotton but his wife was brand new and her death was almost as sad as Cotton's.
Of the new cast in the main film I would say that Parker Posey, Deon Richmond and Emily Mortimer all created characters who were engaging and made their eventual deaths matter more than Jenny McCarthy did as basically one of the big boobed damsel in distress caricatures I mentioned earlier.
Charlie-Kirby-scream-21476017-500-250.gif
Finally with Scream 4, I would say that the majority of the younger set that was in the movie pulled off being compelling, interesting characters that you would root for, be sad when they died and surprised/disappointed when they were revealed as villains.

So it stands to reason that Scream 5 will feature at least a couple characters (cast with capable enough actors) who will be able to take the baton from Sidney/Gayle/Dewey and run with the franchise into the next generation.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Scream leaked Intel on deck 3:00 -4:22. I told predicted that one of the characters would be related to Sydney in some way or form and that Sidney herself wouldn’t be killed.

giphy.gif

what your theories are but she’s not going to get killed in any opening scene. Not for Scream 5.

:41-:55 -

Neve says that she would only reprise her roll if they stayed TRUE to the story.

Don’t believe the links. Directors said they intentionally leaked multiple scripts for subterfuge. Same thing they did with the other movies. Even the cast were all given different scripts. So none of us know what’s up

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The highlighted had me thinking about the characters from the various Scream movies that aren't part of the Big 3 and just how well all of the Scream films (even 3 and 4) did with creating new characters that audiences could relate to and care about.
0b712c9a87739a5d2e7299d2063b5ee9.gif
Everyone loved Tatum in the first Scream so when she got killed it meant something. And all Scream fans sighed with relief when Randy made it out of the first movie alive. Even Kenny the Cameraman was a fleshed out enough character that when he died it wasn't just a throwaway scene. Even Drew Barrymore's death was meaningful because we related to Casey (partly because we were all familiar with Barrymore) because in the brief time she was on the screen she had personality and wasn't just a big boobed bimbo who's sole existence was to get topless, fall down while being chased and die.
5ztU.gif
In Scream 2, we were introduced to multiple doomed characters played by actors we were familiar with who had emotionally stirring deaths.
Jada Pinkett and Omar Epps dying in the opening scene mattered for two reasons: we were familiar with the actors and in the short time they were onscreen they were fully formed characters and not just thin archetypes.
2bMR.gif
The same goes for Sarah Michelle Gellar as Cici. True a lot of the audience automatically liked Cici because she was being played by Buffy the Vampire Slayer but Cici was also given a good chase scene (probably the best in the movie) that was reminiscent of Gellar's chase scene in I Know What You Did Last Summer. So when Cici got chucked off the roof it had some emotional heft to it.
tenor.gif
And let's not even get started on how big a gut punch Randy's death was in this movie.
Even someone like Hallie (who had such a horrible death scene) ended up being a successful character because she was Sidney's best friend and she mattered.
scream-3-im-the-killer.gif
Jump to Scream 3 where Cotton Weary and his wife are killed in the opener. We were familiar with Cotton but his wife was brand new and her death was almost as sad as Cotton's.
Of the new cast in the main film I would say that Parker Posey, Deon Richmond and Emily Mortimer all created characters who were engaging and made their eventual deaths matter more than Jenny McCarthy did as basically one of the big boobed damsel in distress caricatures I mentioned earlier.
Charlie-Kirby-scream-21476017-500-250.gif
Finally with Scream 4, I would say that the majority of the younger set that was in the movie pulled off being compelling, interesting characters that you would root for, be sad when they died and surprised/disappointed when they were revealed as villains.

So it stands to reason that Scream 5 will feature at least a couple characters (cast with capable enough actors) who will be able to take the baton from Sidney/Gayle/Dewey and run with the franchise into the next generation.
Bookmarked and Noted for follow up. I’m short on time to address this in full.

But Unlike you - I’m going to call on a few connections and get the drops on whatever copies of that Scream 5 script that I can pull. I’ll respond when I have the facts and/or my perception of it.
tumblr_n9l3lxNaBc1rj9gfno4_250.gifv

Get all of your little hits and jabs in now fellas, we shall see who has the last laugh in the final act, respectfully
images

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Don’t believe the links. Directors said they intentionally leaked multiple scripts for subterfuge. Same thing they did with the other movies. Even the cast were all given different scripts. So none of us know what’s up
BOOKMARKED for follow up.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Wwtching this joint called "The Cleansing Hour" on SHUDDER.
This is kinda ill!!!!

:ehh:

When that chick was giving buddy top thats gonna scare the shyt outa you!!!

:russ:
i seen this shyt a while ago. The really made a movie about a clout-demon. Wanting to get likes and livestream. :mjlol: